• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular opinions 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Fiber-rich foods are the real "empty calories". With the way fiber goes through a lot of bodies, good luck getting the nutrients to absorb properly.

.....sugary and fatty foods become "cheap calories" and protein, dairy, and foods rich in absorbable vitamins and minerals become "rich calories" under this system. That goes for both wallets AND value to your body.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Fiber-rich foods are the real "empty calories". With the way fiber goes through a lot of bodies, good luck getting the nutrients to absorb properly.

.....sugary and fatty foods become "cheap calories" and protein, dairy, and foods rich in absorbable vitamins and minerals become "rich calories" under this system. That goes for both wallets AND value to your body.

You need fibre to avoid constipation doom though.

Firuthi Dragovic

You need fibre to avoid constipation doom though.
That's... a lot more of a myth than most people want to believe. It's too long for me to go through here and there's actually one or two political bits in the history, but one of the main sources I relied on is a book called "Fiber Menace". (I ignore the guy's supplement advice for the time being.)

He does look like he's citing a lot of science, but if his science turns out to be incomplete or outright wrong, it wouldn't surprise me.

(If you're wondering why I so easily believe this, it started off some months ago when I was having more problems with GERD and had recently had a fissure issue that landed me in the emergency room. I happened to notice a fiber bar caused worse reflux than an ice cream bar - my diet was NOT in the best of shape at the time - and had to ask myself if I was crazy for thinking it. Then stumbled across that book. None of the fissuring issues or even hints of them since. And honestly? I'm trying to pay more attention to the stool thing. My parents think I was ODing on fiber before and that's the theory I'm trying right now.

TL;DR: If my take on fiber is actually wrong, this is less a case of "reading what some random moms said on social media" and more "I hit a contradiction that I'm willing to explore without waiting for experts".)

Fallowfox

That's... a lot more of a myth than most people want to believe. It's too long for me to go through here and there's actually one or two political bits in the history, but one of the main sources I relied on is a book called "Fiber Menace". (I ignore the guy's supplement advice for the time being.)

He does look like he's citing a lot of science, but if his science turns out to be incomplete or outright wrong, it wouldn't surprise me.

(If you're wondering why I so easily believe this, it started off some months ago when I was having more problems with GERD and had recently had a fissure issue that landed me in the emergency room. I happened to notice a fiber bar caused worse reflux than an ice cream bar - my diet was NOT in the best of shape at the time - and had to ask myself if I was crazy for thinking it. Then stumbled across that book. None of the fissuring issues or even hints of them since. And honestly? I'm trying to pay more attention to the stool thing. My parents think I was ODing on fiber before and that's the theory I'm trying right now.

TL;DR: If my take on fiber is actually wrong, this is less a case of "reading what some random moms said on social media" and more "I hit a contradiction that I'm willing to explore without waiting for experts".)

To my knowledge dietary fibre is widely regarded as important by doctors, and not consuming enough can cause problems.

I can't comment on your personal experience beyond saying that some medical conditions, such as the inflammatory bowel conditions ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, may be treated in part with low fibre diets, because of the physical and inflammatory problems unique to people suffering from these diseases.
Your comment about fissuring brought that to my mind.

lolcox

I'm kind of yell-y. Sorry.
Squaresoft, after merging with ENIX, has lost their way, and has produced no good games in decades, plural.

Oh, Maria...

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
If knowledge of the christian faith damns those who have that knowledge to eternity in hell if they dont follow and worship God then on from that knowledge wouldn't true salvation of the world's people be allowing that knowledge to fall away so know one knows of it and would be granted passage to heaven like infants who die?

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
If knowledge of the christian faith damns those who have that knowledge to eternity in hell if they dont follow and worship God then on from that knowledge wouldn't true salvation of the world's people be allowing that knowledge to fall away so know one knows of it and would be granted passage to heaven like infants who die?

sounds more like a shower thought, but maybe

Firuthi Dragovic

.....sounds more to me like you ran into a case of "those people did not study that knowledge carefully enough".

Seriously, the sheer number of misconceptions faux-Christians like to spread drives me up the wall. You're not restricted to one data point in time and one interpreter for God's word, people!

Biggest pet peeve with the religion, right there.

Fallowfox

Have you heard of Roko's Basilisk?

Lucyfur

Banned

Lucyfur

Banned
Parental and familial bonds are BS and arent worthy of loyalty just for name and blood's sake.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
The only worth you have that really matters is that which others see in you.

Status
Not open for further replies.