• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular opinions 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
The number of people who can actually follow a religion in the modern day is... probably at most 1 in 10,000.

The rest need to stay FAR, FAR AWAY from religion, period. ANY religion. (I even count atheism for this purpose.)

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Generally speaking, a good portion of "cancel culture's" outrage often isn't outrage at the supposed immoral actions of said person, it's more used as a convenient and socially acceptable cudgel to wield against a person said people already dislike. It's a socially accpetable way to hate somebody and to receive accolades from it.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Generally speaking, a good portion of "cancel culture's" outrage often isn't outrage at the supposed immoral actions of said person, it's more used as a convenient and socially acceptable cudgel to wield against a person said people already dislike. It's a socially accpetable way to hate somebody and to receive accolades from it.

British filmmaker Jon Ronson has a considered video on this subject.

I don't think there's a single response to this subject- since it varies all the way from 'misunderstood statement results in mob bullying,' to powerful people trying to get away with serious or even criminal transgressions by implying that holding them to account would be 'giving in to cancel culture'- like that Hollywood mogul who got convicted.

D

Deleted member 134556

Shirts with dragons on them are still cool, like they had in the early 2000's in the US.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
The Star Wars sequels weren't bad movies.

sleepy kitty

shy, smol kitty cat
To begin to heal from mental illness, you need to look deep down inside why you think and behave the way you do and make the effort to change, unlearn thought/behavior patterns and replace unhealthy habits with healthy ones. Easier said than done, but it worked for me!

ClumsyWitch

Occult Vulpalope
People mostly like creating a fursona because they like their creative egos (or their actual egos since many of them are self portraits) being stroked.
Talking about other people's creations is being polite at best and a way to not look as self centered for one second at worst.
Genuine interest outside of one's own bubble is a rare diamond in the dust.

Last edited:

Rassah

Dressing well and working to make yourself look good isn't vanity, it's courtesy. People like to look at nice and pretty things. It makes them feel better. So looking good for others is just a nice thing to do. Making yourself look bad on purpose with gaudy fashions and body modifications, or just being an unhealthy-looking slob in public is just rude and inconsiderate.

Alaricat

Tiny blue piece of shit
socks and sandals arent that bad!

People mostly like creating a fursona because they like their creative egos (or their actual egos since many of them are self portraits) being stroked.
Talking about other people's creations is being polite at best and a way to not look as self centered for one second at worst.
Genuine interest outside of one's own bubble is a rare diamond in the dust.
I thought people made fursonas cause they're extensions of themselves, or some avatar or some expression or something. To me that sounds like a really cynical way to think of it

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
The Star Wars sequels weren't bad movies.
But they were bad Star Wars movies that took old ideas and mixed them with a pile of shit straight from J.J. Abrams' asshole.
The most transparent example of this is when someone calls out a successful artist for being "problematic", and immediately links to their own work as a "safe" alternative (which almost invariably looks like garbage in comparison). It's jealousy hiding behind justice.

Last edited:

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I think tattoos for the most part look nasty, especially when they're all over the place; it's especially unappealing on women.
Someday, a mortician will be staring at this and likely not care much, perhaps get a little cold chuckle
1611513703568.png

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I think tattoos for the most part look nasty, especially when they're all over the place; it's especially unappealing on women.
While I won't single women out, I agree that tattoos rarely look so amazing that I'd ever want them. x3

I've sometimes wondered about whether to cover up some scars I have with tattoos, but you know- if the tattoo wasn't good it could be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.