• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular opinions 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hologrammaton

late.mp3
>query "unpopular opinions"
1 result(s) returned. Display?
y/n
>y

「Sarcasm does not make you sound as smart as you think it does. It just makes you sound like a personification of the Dunning-Krueger effect.」​

Lucyfur

Free Ovidia
Ah the nuance of saying trans women are “fake women” and is why they don’t want to date them.
Interesting nuance there certainly nuance isn’t just being thrown in here for no other reason than to idk make it sound like they didn’t mean to say such things multiple times in different channels that there is evidence of.

Also slander is spoken this is written do you may think libel, but you’d be wrong see I said youve used the same verbiage as transphobes likely because you converse with that type regularly. Which was why I also said in the past if you don’t want to be misunderstood for being a transphobe you may want to choose different wording.
See the point was hey that word is problematic due to common use by the majority of others who use it, transphobes, so to not be mistaken for one please use different word. Along with evidence after the fact of how the theory that you grew accustomed to speaking in such a manner about trans people because your company that you keep are transphobes as well.
Note the issue isn’t not wanting to date trans women idc to me whatever that’s not transphobic, but what is transphobic is the reasoning. “Fake” women, so yeah that for clarification is the issue here.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
@Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (Quote meh plz)

Basically I'm sure you can find somebody on youtube with an unreasonable take, right?

Often weird takes like this are picked up and argued vehemently against. People end up incorrectly believing that this is what 'progressive' people truly want- and the consequence of that is political obstacles to what people really want- which is just liberty and equality.

For example most of us gay people who wanted equal access to marriage weren't interested in *forcing* priests to conduct a same sex ceremony if they didn't want to- but the debate about religious freedom to refuse to marry same sex couples became one of the biggest fears shared among circles of people who opposed us being able to marry, until it became a politically relevant piece of rhetoric.

The same thing has happened to trans people regularly. For example If they want to be able to change their legal gender, they get accused of wanting to allow predators into women's bathrooms...and we lose sight of the fact that nobody is actually on the door of women's bathrooms checking people's legal gender in the first place.
I chose the video specifically because I knew of her from the years ago it was posted, and I believe she is genuine and fair in her representation. She says disagreeable things in a mind and agreeable tone and manner, and I feel like she appropriately demonstrates her views in a thoughtful and fairly direct manner without being hostile, rude, or aggressive to anyone.

Furthermore, she is legitimately arguing the position relevant here. The video is literally about people not wanting to date trans people, from the perspective of a trans person wanting people to date her. I specifically said this isn't what all trans people think, only that this is the issue being brought up when someone complains about "being forced to date a trans person."

Dating someone isn't a liberty. It just isn't. A personal agreement between to consenting parties. Equality isn't a concern here, because no one can choose who will and will not date them.

The rest of this I feel just isn't relevant at all. It seems disingenuous, as if to equate a person's potential mutual dating pool to legal rights.

ASTA

Ah..
Looks at the content admins deleted from FAF when they suspended me for showing evidence of transphobia from conversations you and your friends have had.
Ah yes Definitely no one around here wants to invalidate trans people and they definitely don’t hold transphobic positions like the wrong belief that trans people are “fakes”. No one also tries using and conflating that their point is right because science even though science has said they are wrong and that trans people are who they are, ie. trans women ARE women trans men ARE men enbies ARE enbies, etc. they even try writing the numerous sources that back this up as having been paid off or threatened into making such statements.

so don’t try saying no one here holds the position to invalidate because you know better.

The reason why they temporarily yeeted you into oblivion is probably owed to the fact that you attempted to slander four users (Rassah, Cric, Ramjet, and Nexus) for saying things that you did not like in a private Discord server that you aren't a member of. Those four users also weren't actively participating in the thread that you linked those screenshots in. You and several others were literally supporting the banning of other users who had absolutely nothing to do with that discussion.

And I can't believe that I have to say this but FAF staff powers likely do not extend to Discord servers that are not directly affiliated with FA or FAF.

You got dinged because you were basically starting shit.

You're not the hero that you think are. Stop LARPing as one.

D

Deleted member 111470

Ah, like that. Ye, it's dumb, though stereotypes like that inside music don't exactly pop out outta nowhere.

Hmm, when looking at what's mainstream, I guess? There was that black metal band where the band members were killing each other, and then we have shit like Gorgoroth that (were)are burning crosses and goat heads on stage, and whatever that tattoo face rapper's name was who was in court for selling guns.

But it's also funny that Dimmu Borgir are now said to be "disney metal" as a result of their latest album. And Ice Cube went from being a "real g" to starring in family movies.

Either case, life isn't only black and white, and metal isn't only about evil, and rap isn't all about being a gangsta.

Lupus Et Revertetur

Metal Misanthrope
Note the issue isn’t not wanting to date trans women idc to me whatever that’s not transphobic, but what is transphobic is the reasoning. “Fake” women, so yeah that for clarification is the issue here.
Why do you care so much if you weren't set on dating transphobic people anyway? Do you want power over what people fucking think, is that the issue?

Yakamaru

Evil Woffer-chan
Hmm, when looking at what's mainstream, I guess? There was that black metal band where the band members were killing each other, and then we have shit like Gorgoroth that (were)are burning crosses and goat heads on stage, and whatever that tattoo face rapper's name was who was in court for selling guns.

But it's also funny that Dimmu Borgir are now said to be "disney metal" as a result of their latest album. And Ice Cube went from being a "real g" to starring in family movies.

Either case, life isn't only black and white, and metal isn't only about evil, and rap isn't all about being a gangsta.
Indeed, it's not.

Because of Black Metal hitting Norway a couple of decades ago we ended up with some churches being burned down over here. I honestly can't imagine music making people wanting to burn things down or end up violent, but it does happen it seems.

Lucyfur

Free Ovidia
The reason why they temporarily yeeted you into oblivion is probably owed to the fact that you attempted to slander four users (Rassah, Cric, Ramjet, and Nexus) for saying things that you did not like in a private Discord server that you aren't a member of. Those four users also weren't actively participating in the thread that you linked those screenshots in. You and several others were literally supporting the banning of other users who had absolutely nothing to do with that discussion.

And I can't believe that I have to say this but FAF staff powers likely do not extend to Discord servers that are not directly affiliated with FA or FAF.

You got dinged because you were basically starting shit.

You're not the hero that you think are. Stop LARPing as one.
You all keep saying slander when you mean libel, but you’d still be wrong I never made false accusations I only made statements of fact with evidence. Also uh there was no Nexus in the evidence and I was not naming names this time for those who didn’t see the screenshots.
The point was again if you read through, how Punji uses the same language about trans people as majority of transphobes being that their company itself is transphobic which was why the screenshots had been provided as evidence to that fact that I wasn’t making an unfounded claim.

so uhhh yeah thanks and also I’m not a hero I’m just a punk ass bitch who doesn’t like that the derailing interjectors in trans commentary always happen to be transphobes too *gestures to some of those who have shown that they’re transphobes* so yeah fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.