• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular Opinions 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
The opinions of celebrities doesn't actually matter.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Dr. Who > Star Trek

...though this is probably not unpopular, as opinions go

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
In my opinion doughnuts are overrated, the dough part is disgusting, because of the usage of to much fat and the topping is just flavored sugar. Eating it is guaranteed to get your hands and shirt dirty with half of the good stuff falling to the ground. I'm going to bed now and I expect to get at least 5 death threats. ^^°

T

the sleepiest kitty

In my opinion doughnuts are overrated, the dough part is disgusting, because of the usage of to much fat and the topping is just flavored sugar. Eating it is guaranteed to get your hands and shirt dirty with half of the good stuff falling to the ground. I'm going to bed now and I expect to get at least 5 death threats. ^^°
I do like an occasional donut ngl, but I agree they're so bad for you and I hate it when it gets on my shirt or pants/skirt.

RogueNoodle

toe bean enthusiast
All the reasons you think doughnuts are overrated are why I love doughnuts. Give me that fat and sugar. >:)

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Not sure if I posted this in a previous thread, but eh.

I do not simply "listen and believe". Especially not when it comes to serious allegations/accusations of someone else. False allegations/accusations are abundant, and if someone goes onto social media rather than the actual police if you've claimed to be sexually harassed, stalked, raped, +++, you lose a lot of credibility. If what you're claiming is true then IMO you have a duty to file a claim with the police. Not just for your own sake but also for the sake of others.

You make the claim, the burden of proof lies on you. It does not lie on the accused to prove they are innocent. Our society is based upon "innocent until proven guilty".

I have seen so much stuff like this it makes me sick. I know better than to jump on the bandwagon of emotions because I've met a lot of girls that will claim they were raped just to scare the dude into doing whatever it is they wanted, or just because they didn't get their way over something.

Its honestly scary how many there are.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Good heavens, is it "You know what the real Rape Crisis is? False accusations" o'clock already?

Personally, my Unpopular Opinion on the matter is that we should probably focus on more existent problems. Like the fact that there's reasonable evidence to suggest the number of neglected and untested kits ranges into the mid-hundreds of thousands at a bare minimum. Especially since, statistically, the number of 'cold hits' (that is to say: Direct matches in DNA between previously untest kits and registered offender databases) on its own tends to be about x1.25-x2.166 even the highest percentages yielded by false allegations studies. And, y'know, would also - by default - further drop the false allegation rate (and help to exonerate the slim percentage who were falsely accused). To say nothing of horror stories such as those that can be found on page 5 of this study (linked in the prior article too), which found that the main reason that thousands of kits went untested in Detroit was a belief that
Prepare to be fucking disgusted said:
that most cases were closed after minimal investigational effort. In both the stakeholder interviews and in the actual police reports, law enforcement personnel expressed negative, victim-blaming beliefs about sexual assault victims. Rape survivors were often assumed to be prostitutes and therefore what had happened to them was considered to be their own fault. Adolescents were assumed to be lying, trying to avoid getting into trouble by concocting a false story about being raped. Police said that those who had been assaulted by friends and acquaintances had "got-what-they-got" because they had chosen to associate with the perpetrator. Case after case was labeled "a deal gone bad" or otherwise dismissed as "not really a rape" and these attitudes directly affected law enforcement personnel's decisions regarding whether to submit a rape kit for forensic testing.
Oh yeah, and coincidentally? Of the first 1595 kits tested from that pool (Y'know, the ones mostly ignored because of above paragraph), about 49% turned up CODIS eligible profiles, 28.5% were direct hits within the system, and about 8% were directly attributed to serial rapists. Or, in other words, the rate of matching among untested kits - kits explicitly untested out of belief that the victims were making it up or trying to deflect trouble - to serial rapists on its own was approximately identical to the rate of false allegations.

But funny that the proposed solution is always, instead, "We should listen to potential rape victims less. Fucking life-ruining bitches.".

Can't we please just go one month on here without people using the Vent / Unpopular Opinion thread for this? Because it's literally happened anywhere from bi-weekly to monthly on here since November.

Status
Not open for further replies.