• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular Opinions

Astrium

King of the Noodles

Rassah

How's that even Cognitive Dissonance? You have no idea what you're talking about so be quiet.

The status quo in congress is regulation, not letting the market decide, and to be full of greedy, psychopathic, self-serving insanity. You want to become a congressman to change what congress has been about for over a century, but hate changing the status quo. Just seems contradictory.

Kosdu

Define "year round."

Personally, I think that the American educational system can still stick to a 180 day school year, but switch to a 4 day school week. That would create a 45 week school year that wouldn't be too taxing for pupils and staff, and still leave 7 weeks of breaks in between, which would sort of curb the "summer setback" where children typically lose part of the knowledge and skills they should have gained in the previous year.

I also think that physical fitness should be mandatory for all grades.

I think that our educational system should give children alot more credit than they get now.

I mean, kids can handle alot more than what they are taught, and can be given life skills and a good body at a young age.
Teach them good work ethic when it comes to school, a good diet, and challenge them in a way that expands their ability to process information and learn instead of answer questions on a test.

The children are our future.

Sylox

boi...chill out!
The status quo in congress is regulation, not letting the market decide, and to be full of greedy, psychopathic, self-serving insanity. You want to become a congressman to change what congress has been about for over a century, but hate changing the status quo. Just seems contradictory.

That's your opinion dude, so don't sit there and say its fact. Shouldn't you be mining Bitcoin's or something?

Rassah

I think people who want to punish or arrest other people for something they dont like should have to arrest them themselves, or pay someone else to arrest them out of their own pocket, instead of forcing the person being arrested to pay for being arrested themselves. I.e. if Sylox wants people arrested for texting and driving, he should have to go around and attempt to arrest those people himself (good luck not getting shot by some pissed off crazy), or pay some police group out of his own pocket to have them go around arresting people, instead of forcing those who text and drive to pay for the police that arrest them themselves through taxes.
If people voluntarily choose what laws they want to pay to have enforced, then we won't have stupid laws against things that don't hurt anyone, and more money for things that do cause serious damage.

Sylox

boi...chill out!
I think people who want to punish or arrest other people for something they dont like should have to arrest them themselves, or pay someone else to arrest them out of their own pocket, instead of forcing the person being arrested to pay for being arrested themselves. I.e. if Sylox wants people arrested for texting and driving, he should have to go around and attempt to arrest those people himself (good luck not getting shot by some pissed off crazy), or pay some police group out of his own pocket to have them go around arresting people, instead of forcing those who text and drive to pay for the police that arrest them themselves through taxes.
If people voluntarily choose what laws they want to pay to have enforced, then we won't have stupid laws against things that don't hurt anyone, and more money for things that do cause serious damage.

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. It's the job of the police to arrest people, and my taxes are already funding them.

Rassah

Unpopular opinion: I believe that anonymous decentralized betting markets, where people can anonymously bet (donate) money on how they think someone or someone's property will be eliminated, in a way where the bets are completely visible but can't be stopped or blocked, and where someone can collect the pool of money by placing a bet they actually intend to carry out, will be a good way of keeping corporate polluters, exploiters, and frauds, as well as overreaching congressmen and politicians, in check.

Rassah

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. It's the job of the police to arrest people, and my taxes are already funding them.

If you want to keep paying for that, then keep paying for that yourself. Don't force everyone else to. Why should people be forced to pay to have themselves arrested for victimless crimes? Or worse, pay to protect the people who are hurting them? (e.g. a polluting factory is destroying people's property and health, but that factory is being kept safe from the wrath of the people by police those people are themselves forced to pay for)

Rassah

I believe we should stop giving money to Africa. Let little Mutumbo starve for all I care.

I'll take that further, and point out that the world giving money to Africa is the main reason there is so much starvation, poverty, and unrest there.

Sylox

boi...chill out!
Well what do you know, I guess Rassah and I can agree on something.

If you want to keep paying for that, then keep paying for that yourself. Don't force everyone else to. Why should people be forced to pay to have themselves arrested for victimless crimes? Or worse, pay to protect the people who are hurting them? (e.g. a polluting factory is destroying people's property and health, but that factory is being kept safe from the wrath of the people by police those people are themselves forced to pay for)

It's not my problem bro. If you break the law, you deserve to face the consequences. Don't wanna be arrested? Don't text and drive, murder people or rape others, it's pretty simple when you think about it. I get sick and tired of hearing people preach this leniency crap; lock these fools up for all I care, just get them off the street.

Last edited:

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
The only problem with all your ideas is that people are stupid. Also we have more than 1000 people on Earth. And we can't read each other's thoughts. If we could do that, though, we could have your thing, maybe.

Also about the arrest thing: what about murderers? If you are an anarcho capitalist, what about due process for the innocent? Are you telling us you support lynch mobs? Because that's never gone wrong in the past, has it.

I believe we should stop giving money to Africa. Let little Mutumbo starve for all I care.
Yeah..."Mutumbo"? You're gonna make a great congressmen. What's next? Refugee slurs?

Unpopular opinion: democracy is possibly wasted on modern Americans. If they vote with "gut feeling" or "who stands for Jeebus" then you have what we have now. Not saying it should go away, just saying all those religious voters get what's coming to them by the way they vote.

Last edited:

Sylox

boi...chill out!
So I'm not as PC as you all, big deal. There was nothing remotely resembling a slur in what I posted. You're just trying to find something to be offended about.

Rassah

It's not my problem bro. If you break the law, you deserve to face the consequences.

No issue there. Just dont make pay to have myself arrested. If you have to pay for it yourself, maybe you'll be a bit more selective over which crimes actually cause harm and should be funded to arrest people over, and which should be begrudgingly allowed to go unpunished. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE would happily willingly pay to arrest anyone who rapes and murders. I'm not so sure people would pay to arrest those who are talking on the phone or texting while driving, or driving 10mph over the speed limit, or doing drugs in the privacy or their own home, or keeping guns in their car for protection, etc.
[/QUOTE]

The only problem with all your ideas is that people are stupid.

People are stupid. Let's give a group of stupid people the power to force and control other people with little if any consequences. Yeah, that sounds like an awful idea. Either people are stupid, in which case government will be full of stupid people who can't decide any better than the rest of stupid people, or people are smart, in which case why not let them decide for themselves?

Also we have more than 1000 people on Earth. And we can't read each other's thoughts. If we could do that, though, we could have your thing, maybe.

Why does that matter? You only interact with a few dozen in your daily life at most, with which you have unspoken agreements to written contracts. Why do the rest matter?

Also about the arrest thing: what about murderers? If you are an anarcho capitalist, what abojt die process for the innocent. Are you telling us you support lynch mobs? Because that's never gone wrong in the past, has it.

Would you pay to have murderers arrested, or to protect youself from murderers? (Do you pay homeowners insurance to protect you property from fire damage, or yourself from medical problems?)
Why would we have lynch mobs without a government? People living in a society can still agree to use courts and arbitration to investigate crimes and torts. What stops police in small towns from joining lynch mobs now?

Sylox

boi...chill out!
Rassah you're splitting hairs here; a crime is a crime no matter what it is. The police have an obligation to issue a warning, fine or arrest anyone who breaks the rules. I'm not saying arrest everyone who speeds, but hand out punishment that fits the crime. Yes, some people should be arrested for texting while driving because it puts the lives of everyone on the road around them in danger. I fail to see how that's a victimless crime.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Democracy is two sheep voting the wolf into office because the alternative is voting for the wolverine.

R_Magedn

Yes, some people should be arrested for texting while driving because it puts the lives of everyone on the road around them in danger. I fail to see how that's a victimless crime.

As a professional CDL driver, I must concur; texting while driving is reckless endangerment. As CDL holder, if I were caught texting while driving a 40 ton rig, I would be facing being shut-down right there and then, a $5,000 fine, suspension of license and loss of employment. The fact that someone is only driving a 1.5 ton car is irrelevant - the consequences can be as equally deadly.

Kosdu

The problem with our law is it is about punishing the offenders instead of protecting people.

I believe we should teach children how to defend themselves, so that they have the courage to stand up for themselves and others and learn that most fears are nothing but hindering whispers.

I'm not asking we teach them to curbstomp others, but creating friendly games that teaches them the relations that are involved in combat as a byproduct, develop their body and coordination (extremely beneficial), and give them comfort with others allowing them to bond socially.

Come to think of it, alot of cultures have these things.

Kosdu

Or we can do what the NRA nuts say and arm the teachers. Who needs to worry about bullies when their teach is armed with a glock.

I hope you are making fun of them, because sometimes you worry me.

There are too many untrained people with guns in public.
They pose as much a danger as anyone, regardless of intentions.

Sylox

boi...chill out!
It's okay, I was being sarcastic. I may love guns, but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard proposed. Even if teachers were armed, it's been said they really couldn't have prevented a bunch of school shootings.

The NRA will say practically anything to appeal to the gun-totting morons that live in America.

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
I will say that having a gun in your home will provide better protection from a person breaking in, but carrying them out on the streets is dumb.
Sylox, tbh, you're probably going to have to wait a long to be a congressman first off, and second, you're probably going to be more concerned in keeping your job than actually changing anything. Pretty much all of them are.
If given the vote to raise your pay or not, or approve of a bill, one is more likely to say yes because they will help you stay on, even if you don't believe you should.
It's just human nature, when given power, you will try to keep it.