• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
i feel like rebirth or reincarnation is the most humane and most bearable of potential afterlifes. cause otherwise, no matter what the eternal afterlife is (if there is one), you'll be living that afterlife for millions of billions of trillions of years, and you're bound to go mad eventually under the stress of time itself, that no matter how much you can do or how much willpower you have, it's sure to be hell eventually.
@Arnak knows what it's like to suffer for an eternity. I don't really believe in afterlife, but being reborn would in fact be way better than any other afterlife honestly.

Zerzehn

Dojyaaaaaaaaan~
i feel like rebirth or reincarnation is the most humane and most bearable of potential afterlifes. cause otherwise, no matter what the eternal afterlife is (if there is one), you'll be living that afterlife for millions of billions of trillions of years, and you're bound to go mad eventually under the stress of time itself, that no matter how much you can do or how much willpower you have, it's sure to be hell eventually.
Personally, nonexistence is better than any afterlife. After all, we all experienced it and why should we be afraid of it?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Personally, nonexistence is better than any afterlife. After all, we all experienced it and why should we be afraid of it?

While I know this is rational, the thought of it stops me sleeping at night. Weird experience this whole living thing.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Oh we didn't. How can you experience something while you don't exist yet?
Moreover it wouldn't be fear of the unknown, we can imagine it, it's just that it sounds really immaterial and stupid and we would rather live, most of the time

ASTA

Former Trash Man
1) The communities that form around movies, television shows, video games, niche interests, etc are typically at their best when they are relatively obscure and small. Once they become accessible to the masses, the general quality of the community declines steadily and sharply. Discussions become watered down and repetitive; third-party media content is rendered progressively lackluster; community behavior becomes more and more repulsive and "cringey" as time goes on.

2) Kothorix didn't really deserve a lot of the shit that was thrown his way when he was still active in the fandom.

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
1) The communities that form around movies, television shows, video games, niche interests, etc are typically at their best when they are relatively obscure and small. Once they become accessible to the masses, the general quality of the community declines steadily and sharply. Discussions become watered down and repetitive; third-party media content is rendered progressively lackluster; community behavior becomes more and more repulsive and "cringey" as time goes on.

2) Kothorix didn't really deserve a lot of the shit that was thrown his way when he was still active in the fandom.

I actually agree with both of your points. There’s a show I’m watching that is so pure and fun right now, but I’m afraid any explosion in popularity will ruin that.

As for Kothorix, I agree with that, too. I’m not entirely convinced that the backlash was warranted.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned

Ehhhh I disagree very much.

That being militantly apolitical is really dumb. I mean, I understand that some people hate politics, but it just rubs me the wrong way when people act like they're above the fray. Understand what I'm saying?
(And, no, fembois are not overrated. Pouts in the corner)

Last edited:

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
I'd be willing to help recruit more femboy lovers!!! ^w^
I’ve only hooked up with one femboy but yo they were good. Like they had your girl [Redacted] and crying out like [Redacted].
In short I guess my opinion is femboys are great and only get a bad rap from some loud racist nazi types.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I think the little fuzzy jumping spiders are certainly pleasant to look at
Their eyes are right in front, which makes them seem cuter.

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
This...actually got me thinking. I guess I'd agree. I would like to be reincarnated or reborn. I find the concept of your senses stopping and your consciousness just ending a bit...odd. I'm not religious, but I do have a hard time believing you just end. And I like to think that no one is truly dead if people remember them.

Oh, I have another one!

I think some spiders are cute. No, really!
I may have a fear of spiders, but that extends mostly to large ones! I leave the small ones alone. And @[Nexus] is right, the little jumping spiders are cute :3

In my unpopular opinions...er...polystyrene (might be called something different elsewhere in the world) is an awful material and should never be used in packaging. The sound it makes...that's what hell sounds like for me. Destroy it. DESTROY IT WITH NUKES.
*shudders*

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I feel like this touches on something different, but it's also very interesting to notice. I'll add some opinions of my own to this, but I don't understand why this is a fandom that has such a prominent social stratification based on details like those? I would understand it if us furries mainly praised people with high craftsmanship (there are so many great artists in the fandom after all!) but it seems like these types of things are symbols of status more than anything else, so anyone with enough money can "outshine" others in this kind of way. And it ends up being a cycle of sorts? The more people notice that owning a fursuit is seen as some sort of "peak" furry-ness, the more people strive to achieve this ideal... It's just so interesting to see!

Since I mentioned this, what do you all feel about this? I hate to generalize, but I've been a part of multiple types of fandoms/communities and I think that the furry fandom is definitely the worst when it comes to this odd popularity and status type of pyramid.

This doesn't particularly bother me, but you just end up noticing these things after a while!

Oh, these are some cogent, pithy observations! It's fun to look at furries like an anthropologist, observing them as some sort of tribe or exotic culture :p I'd agree that the fursuit sits at the top of the pyramid. It confers an almost instant status, and is key to foisting one to the rarefied elite by enabling one to project themselves into spaces, actual and virtual.

After reading your post, I made a brief list of other symbols and indicators of furry status. It's quite interesting the patterns that emerge. I'll expand on the things in this outline in a day or so in a new thread...this has really got me pondering. Maybe a paper is in order : V

Here's the list so far, curious if anyone has any additions:

Furry Status Symbols
-The Fursuit
-The Reference Sheet & Art Commissions (Also, the status of being an artist, particularly a sought after artist)
-Conventions, Attended & Attending

(less exclusively furry indicators of status)
-A Twitter Following (Also: You Tube channels & social media more generally)
-Computers, particularly gaming computers; consoles, phones, &c.
-Jobs/Careers/Wealth (Also: Attending College/University/Vocational Training/Military Service)
-A 'mate'

Last edited:

Valryth

Do clouds look down and think I'm one of them?
Oh, these are some cogent, pithy observations! It's fun to look at furries like an anthropologist, observing them as some sort of tribe or exotic culture :p I'd agree that the fursuit sits at the top of the pyramid. It confers an almost instant status, and is key to foisting one to the rarefied elite by enabling one to project themselves into spaces, actual and virtual.

After reading your post, I made brief list of other symbols and indicators of furry status. It's quite interesting the patterns that emerge. I'll expand on the things in this outline in a day or so in a new thread...this has really got me pondering. Maybe a paper is in order : V

Here's the list so far, curious if anyone has any additions:

Furry Status Symbols
-The Fursuit
-The Reference Sheet & Art Commissions (Also, the status of being an artist, particularly a sought after artist)
-Conventions, Attended & Attending

(less exclusively furry indicators of status)
-A Twitter Following (Also: You Tube channels & social media more generally)
-Computers, particularly gaming computers; consoles, phones, &c.
-Jobs/Careers/Wealth (Also: Attending College/University/Vocational Training/Military Service)
-A 'mate'

I'm excited to see what further developments you may have to show! Needless to say, I agree with pretty much everything you've mentioned, and it makes me quite happy that other furries have been able to observe the same patterns! I'm being brief, but it's mainly because I feel like you've nailed down all the important aspects. And you're planning to write more on this, so I'll patiently await what else you have to present us! Thank you for taking me seriously, it really is interesting to think about every now and then.

1) Asexuality doesn't mean that this person need to consult with the doctor. You can be 100% healthy and still be asexual, it's not an illness.
2) "Androgynous" people are not always slim elf-like cutties. A masculine female bodybuilder is also androgynous in her own way.
3) Worldwide veganism is not good for ecology. Actually, it can even cause damage.
4) Capitalism is flawed but communism is death.
5) "Healthy fitness-acceptable meat" doesn't mean only chicken breast. High quality beef or turkey can be even better.
6) Laptops are better than computers
7) Android is better than IOS
8) A tropical island image of paradise/heaven is overrated
9) A "wake up early, go to bed early" lifestyle is overrated. When I have a chance I go to bed at 4 a.m., wake up at 11 a.m, and feel much better than afrer going to bed at 10 p.m. and waking up at 7 a.m. even still the second variant gives more sleeping hours. And hey, if I sleep less when go to bed at 4 a.m and feel better, that means that I have more hours to spend productively!

Deathless

ƤƦƠƓ MЄƬƛԼ ЄƝʆƠƳЄƦ
Cheesecake is disgusting.
Sonic > Mario
PlayStation > Xbox
Ketchup with eggs is the way to go
Expensive drawing equipment won't magically improve your art
Cold/Luke warm showers > Hot showers

Stranger Things sucks
Steven Universe/Gravity Falls is overrated

Biscayne

many dumb animals
School hours should start way later for high school students because their natural sleep cycles aren't well equipped to get up at 5-6 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.