• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
Fursuits should be considered appropriate attire for funerals.

If a person close to me died, a hug from a big fluffy animal would make me feel just a little bit better.

D

Deleted member 134556

Blackwashing characters is just as bad as Whitewashing characters. Racewashing in general is bad and shouldn't be encouraged or defended. If you want representation, don't change the skin color of someone else's character. Create your own authentic one, exactly the way you want it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Blackwashing characters is just as bad as Whitewashing characters. Racewashing in general is bad and shouldn't be encouraged or defended. If you want representation, don't change the skin color of someone else's character. Create your own authentic one, exactly the way you want it.
I think anyone should be able to play any character.

Chomby

Can't always fill the void
PREACH.

D

Deleted member 134556

I think anyone should be able to play any character.

I mostly mean editing the skin color of fictional characters to match yours, like drawings. Already created characters that you edit yourself. Imagine you creating a human character and someone on twitter finds your art of them and changes the race and says "OMG it looks much more beautiful this way".

It happens quite often. If it wouldn't bother you, that's fine, but a lot of people find it pretty offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
I mostly mean editing the skin color of fictional characters to match yours, like drawings. Already created characters that you edit yourself. Imagine you creating a human character and someone on twitter finds your art of them and changes the race and says "OMG it looks much more beautiful this way".

It happens quite often. If it wouldn't bother you, that's fine, but a lot of people find it pretty offensive.
Guess Miles Morales is so awful. How dare they take a character that has always been white and give them black skin.

D

Deleted member 134556

Guess Miles Morales is so awful. How dare they take a character that has always been white and give them black skin.
If it's only a small fraction of his overall character, then I don't mind, but if you change the race of a character simply because you believe one race is better than another, I'm going to be concerned about you.

D

Deleted member 134556

If anyone changes someone's race over a superiority thing then of course it's bad.
That's my point. I'm glad we have come to an agreement. So racewashing with the intent of beliving one race is better than another is totally not cool.

But if you want to completely transform a character inside and out, and race is a small facter, I'd consider that a very creative approach. It's been done like that before and has had much success in gaining more fans of a character, which is good.

Intention and motivation is what matters.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
That's my point. I'm glad we have come to an agreement. So racewashing with the intent of beliving one race is better than another is totally not cool.

But if you want to completely transform a character inside and out, and race is a small facter, I'd consider that a very creative approach.

Intention and motivation is what matters.
I didn't think we were talking about a superiority thing. I thought you were just getting upset over a race being different for a character. My apologies.

pilgrimfromoblivion

UOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :sob:
Banned
i remember that one time that titans tv show had a black stripper play starfire.

D

Deleted member 134556

Moving on. Seashell and shark tooth necklaces are still cool, even when it's not summer.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
i remember that one time that titans tv show had a black stripper play starfire.
Uhhh so starfire is an orange alien... I don't think when it comes to live action that is too much a 'race wash' as some folk have put it here.
Also nothing inherently wrong with being or looking like a stripper either especially in the case of starfire who in the comics is a rather super promiscuous type sexually and very free with her fashion choice in the more recent stories, recent being the 2000's

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Representation for minorities is not the result of people “believing one race is better than another”, and people who genuinely believe as much either sorely need to improve their information literacy / social circles as they’re being targeted and manipulated by malicious groups... or know exactly what they’re saying and coincidentally have quite a trail of canines following them for utterly inexplicable reasons.

Also the proper response to requests to debate as much is laugh.

pilgrimfromoblivion

Banned
Uhhh so starfire is an orange alien... I don't think when it comes to live action that is too much a 'race wash' as some folk have put it here.
Also nothing inherently wrong with being or looking like a stripper either especially in the case of starfire who in the comics is a rather super promiscuous type sexually and very free with her fashion choice in the more recent stories, recent being the 2000's
i know that starfire was always incredibly sexualized back in the late 90s and early 2000s. I always thought of her as the fanservice character that was the love interest that went to the main character. Early Starfire dressed like 90 percent of the female cast of Wakfu. She was practically naked. I'm also not knocking strippers or other people in that line of work. It just feels weird when I think about it.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
i know that starfire was always incredibly sexualized back in the late 90s and early 2000s. I always thought of her as the fanservice character that was the love interest that went to the main character. Early Starfire dressed like 90 percent of the female cast of Wakfu. She was practically naked. I'm also not knocking strippers or other people in that line of work. It just feels weird when I think about it.
Ok then so why is it weird lol?

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
Unpopular opinion? Maybe?
Anyone who’s big gripe with a cosplay is the color of that cosplayers skin, happens disproportionately to poc cosplayers mind you, their weight or even them having a disability and requiring aids like a wheelchair. Well that person with that gripe is an entire asshole, full stop.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Unpopular opinion? Maybe?
Anyone who’s big gripe with a cosplay is the color of that cosplayers skin, happens disproportionately to poc cosplayers mind you, their weight or even them having a disability and requiring aids like a wheelchair. Well that person with that gripe is an entire asshole, full stop.
I would love to see someone who is able-bodied cosplaying Part 3 Polnareff to be walking around with someone in a wheelchair cosplaying Part 5 Polnareff. Or Gyro Zeppeli and Johnny Joestar from Part 7. Now that would be a legendary cosplay.

But anyone from any race and anyone who has a disability can cosplay, and can cosplay well. :3

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
because she's a stripper space alien in what equates to basically a space-thong with this ebony skin, orange hair, and weird green cgi eyes.
No why is it weird that the voice actor happens to be a stripper? You do know that acting means being something you aren't right?

pilgrimfromoblivion

Banned
No why is it weird that the voice actor happens to be a stripper? You do know that acting means being something you aren't right?
okay so how about this, she went from being heavily sexualized irl to being heavily sexualized in a tv show. I'm not getting what you're trying to do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.