• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular Video Game Opinions

DemonHazardDeer

Niche Game Connoisseur
I'm indifferent to it. I just wish they'd port some of the stuff from their old libraries to PC. I dont think Blinx is on GamePass or Steam.
He isn’t, and I know that for a fact because Microsoft doesn’t own him anymore, they let their rights expire meaning he’s available for purchase assuming no one’s already bought him. But seriously, where the hell are the good ports? I want the actually good versions of Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, I want Jet Set Radio Future, I want weird shit like Oktogi 1 and 2 on Switch damnit!

Judge Spear

He isn’t, and I know that for a fact because Microsoft doesn’t own him anymore, they let their rights expire meaning he’s available for purchase assuming no one’s already bought him. But seriously, where the hell are the good ports? I want the actually good versions of Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, I want Jet Set Radio Future, I want weird shit like Oktogi 1 and 2 on Switch damnit!
Otogi. Now there's a name I havent heard in some time.
I haven't seen mention of those games since 2005.

KimberVaile

Self congratulatory title goes here
Might be a popular opinion, but I'll post it here since I think most people feel positively about Far Cry as a series.

I never played a Far Cry game before 6, but I decided to pick it up cause I heard you could hijack a tank and you know. I'm a huge sucker for vehicle combat.

Far Cry 6 as a game, gives me the impression that modern gaming is only getting more watered down and less enjoyable as most companies desperately do everything they can to cast wider nets. The hardest difficulty mode of that game feels like normal difficulty in any game at all from 2015 or before. The AI is god awful, the only way I can describe it, is that they're like a deer in the headlights, they won't take cover, won't regroup, and have an infuriating tendency to simply stand still and even get stuck on stairs. Everything about the game is boiled down to it's most basic form. The shooting, the looting, the quests. I just

I don't understand what people see in that game. I guess it's good for dumb fun, I tuned out of the super grim dark narrative real quick, because it clahses violently with the wackiness of the actual gameplay. Maybe I'm just a perpetual stick in the mud. but it's honestly a rather boring, disjointed mess of a game.

I suppose the tanks are fun at least, though it hardly saves the game.

Judge Spear

Might be a popular opinion, but I'll post it here since I think most people feel positively about Far Cry as a series.

I never played a Far Cry game before 6, but I decided to pick it up cause I heard you could hijack a tank and you know. I'm a huge sucker for vehicle combat.

Far Cry 6 as a game, gives me the impression that modern gaming is only getting more watered down and less enjoyable as most companies desperately do everything they can to cast wider nets. The hardest difficulty mode of that game feels like normal difficulty in any game at all from 2015 or before. The AI is god awful, the only way I can describe it, is that they're like a deer in the headlights, they won't take cover, won't regroup, and have an infuriating tendency to simply stand still and even get stuck on stairs. Everything about the game is boiled down to it's most basic form. The shooting, the looting, the quests. I just

I don't understand what people see in that game. I guess it's good for dumb fun, I tuned out of the super grim dark narrative real quick, because it clahses violently with the wackiness of the actual gameplay. Maybe I'm just a perpetual stick in the mud. but it's honestly a rather boring, disjointed mess of a game.

I suppose the tanks are fun at least, though it hardly saves the game.
Ubisoft games suck bro. Bothers me because every AAA action adventure game that wasnt a railroaded 8 hour cutscene like Last of Us or Uncharted became a 500 hour FarCry clone.

FarCry peaked at 3.

Something weird I discovered today while talking to other people about modern games, things like environmental destruction that was huge in the original Xbox era like in games such as Red Faction and area damage that was found in Soldier Of Fortune, a PC game released in 2000, was stripped out and a lot of games feel like we're just back to an early PS1 games only with prettier dolls on display.

Basically it feels like games actually gone backwards over generations for the sake of appearing like an interactive movie.

Judge Spear

Something weird I discovered today while talking to other people about modern games, things like environmental destruction that was huge in the original Xbox era like in games such as Red Faction and area damage that was found in Soldier Of Fortune, a PC game released in 2000, was stripped out and a lot of games feel like we're just back to an early PS1 games only with prettier dolls on display.

Basically it feels like games actually gone backwards over generations for the sake of appearing like an interactive movie.
The scale of modern games has likely made that extremely expensive and absurdly difficult to make possible. When I see games today that try similar dynamic environments, it's a complete shitshow.
It's overrated anyway. Just bloating min spec requirements for something that hardly helps the design of most games it could likely be in.

Faustus

I hate multiplayer games, especially when it’s multiplayer ONLY but looks like it would make an awesome single player game.

I especially hate it when a single player game that supports multiplayer has trophies that REQUIRE you to play multiplayer mode to get everything.

Multiplayer is full of jerks. Also since I’m usually lumped onto a European server, it can be difficult to find someone who speaks good enough English to play with sometimes.

Rayd

profound asshole
speaking of multiplayer games, i sort of attribute the common beliefs people have that "gaming is stale now" and "hardly any good games come out anymore" to single player content no longer being the main focus in most high-end games to opt out for optimized multiplayer experience

single player content.. you know.. the core of just about every game

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
Along this line, almost all multiplayer games can be improved with the addition of bots-only offline and CO-OP modes.

Bots may be stupid and aimbotty but they don't cheat beyond their inherent capabilities, are never abusive, rarely if ever team-kill/act to the detriment of the team, and usually at least try to play the objective properly. Sometimes bots are better and smarter than the rando pubbies one gets stuck with too.

There are quite a few multiplayer-only games that would be a lot more fun with the option of bot-only matches.

-------------------------------------------------------------------​

CO-OP games should not have a set required number of players. This ties in with the above; When playing a CO-OP game with one friend sometimes the player is forced to join X number of other randos to play against an AI or whatever.

Much of the time additional players are not at all required to win. If they absolutely are, there should be the option to fill their slots with AI teammates in a private friends-only game.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
bots-only offline
i just wanna take a moment to talk about how 007 Nightfire had this for its multiplayer and you could even adjust how the bots acted, what their strategies were, what they looked like, and how aggressive they were. I didn't get to play multiplayer very much on my PS2 as a kid so I always had a blast experiencing what that game's multiplayer would be like with just bots. It was such a cool feature and one of the many, many reasons why 007 Nightfire is a kickass game. You had these large maps that you could explore, grapple onto buildings, use turrets, and even adjust what kinda weapons appeared on the map. It was really fun playing with laser tripwire bombs.

Judge Spear

3c2b2941a52fae3e6ca99b2ccb05268a.jpg

Inferndragon

Dragon Doodler with a Tail Snake
I enjoyed Fallout 76... During it's original launch... because it was the only Fallout game that felt like a true nuclear disaster occured and the environmental storytelling was good... (as soon as they introduced human NPCs... It felt too... generic)

Delv

Madliest Kat
Halo Combat Evolved is boring and has outdated level design.

KimberVaile

Personally I think Halo CE is great and has some of the most memorable levels in the series. I also don't really don't see the argument for it being too slow, unless the only games you play are the Unreal Tournament series of games and nothing else.

Anyways, I mention that since it'd just be awkward to transition directly into what I am about to say. I really despise Microsoft and their always online horseshit. They tried it with the Xbox One and got nowhere, they're trying it Windows 11 and I suspect they'll have some success with that. And you know, was told I'd only have to log in once to the Master Chief Collection and I'd not have to deal with Xbox Live until I really wanted to. BTW, Halo 2 and 3 managed to have a great Single player and Multiplayer all at once even with having a multiplayer focus, you can do both quite well if you aren't, you know. Terrible at making games.

Anyways, was asked to sign in again to play the campaign mode. Just lol.I own the fucking game and can't play offline content with some sign in bullshit. Fuck. Off. It's like you don't even own the shit you plop into your god forsaken machine even more.

At this rate, I genuinely hope piracy becomes rampant in the current games industry, especially anything cosigned by Microsoft or Activision. These studios don't deserve shit. I hope piracy eats into their revenue to the point where they go under. I'll fucking co sign that. Fucking bite me Microsoft and your spyware horseshit.

Last edited:

Rimna

Halo Combat Evolved is boring and has outdated level design.
I recently bought the Halo Master Chief collection on Steam. I was thinking about refunding it when I saw that I must create a Microsoft account in order to play it. I decided I might as well, I have very fond memories of the game.

I played combat evolved for a few hours and the game hasn't aged well. Everything feels super slow and not as responsive as I remember it. I feel like I'm playing a different game. Maybe it's the remastering of it, maybe it's the Mandela effect, maybe I'm just dumb - who knows. I remember liking it far more when I played in in high school like 13 years ago or whatever.

KimberVaile

I recently bought the Halo Master Chief collection on Steam. I was thinking about refunding it when I saw that I must create a Microsoft account in order to play it. I decided I might as well, I have very fond memories of the game.

I played combat evolved for a few hours and the game hasn't aged well. Everything feels super slow and not as responsive as I remember it. I feel like I'm playing a different game. Maybe it's the remastering of it, maybe it's the Mandela effect, maybe I'm just dumb - who knows. I remember liking it far more when I played in in high school like 13 years ago or whatever.
I still love the game quite a bit, but I can't help but seethe over the sign in crap. That's really what's kinda bugging me right now. Microsoft just wants your data. It all makes me want to pull my hair out. And all I'm saying is that I really wouldn't lose any sleep if piracy suddenly became common with Microsoft Products.

Also, to anybody who's upset over that tame statement. I'm sorry I'm not simping for cancerous corporations with a blatant fucking disregard for privacy.

Inferndragon

Dragon Doodler with a Tail Snake
I still love the game quite a bit, but I can't help but seethe over the sign in crap. That's really what's kinda bugging me right now. Microsoft just wants your data. It all makes me want to pull my hair out. And all I'm saying is that I really wouldn't lose any sleep if piracy suddenly became common with Microsoft Products.

Also, to anybody who's upset over that tame statement. I'm sorry I'm not simping for cancerous corporations with a blatant fucking disregard for privacy.
Na, people aren't upset. It's microsoft. They bought Activision Blizzard and still allowed Diablo Immortal to exist and have the most predatory microtransaction in the world of games.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.

Judge Spear

I love Sonic music. Like pretty much all of it.
I love the rock. I love the more techno tracks. I love the cheesy vocals. But it really was at it's peak when it was pulling from late 80's New Jack Swing, Funk, and other "city" music.
He should definitely keep the upbeat variety but I'd like more experimentation with those sounds evocative of classic artists like Bobby Brown, Keith Sweat, and Boyz II Men. Because Sonic's really the only one in gaming who really ever did it.

DemonHazardDeer

Niche Game Connoisseur
I don't remember if I said this already, but I fucking HATE the Demon's Souls remake as a fan of the original. All the enemy redesigns look goofy and stupid, the new music is generic and horrible, and while it looks pretty the original lighting looked way better aesthetically. Instead of elevating or reimagining the original it spits and pisses on it.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
I know this game is a little obscure, but among rhythm game enthusiasts, Rock Band 3 has the greatest video game setlist of all time.

Just...

NO!

While Guitar Hero had a nice mix of recognizable songs and hidden gems, everything in Rock Band 3 is either painfully obvious music that everyone has already heard to death by now or random obscure crap with AT BEST niche appeal. While I actually liked most of the songs in the Guitar Hero games, I liked about five songs in this 80 song setlist. I liked NONE of the Punk songs, despite punk rock being one of my favorite genres of music, the supposed Heavy Hitters are so obvious and overdone to the point of talking down to the player, there's virtually no Alt Rock despite the game being heralded is having a little for everyone (the same critics criticized Guitar Hero 5 for having a varied setlist, yet praise Rock Band 3), very few of the songs have energy to them oh, and the ones that do have energy are usually, again, painfully obvious and overplayed or poorly constructed, and I also love how it takes the absolute worst songs from Guitar Hero. Hey Man, Nice Shot!? Lasso!? In The Meantime!? 20th Century Boy? Also, RB3 RUINED One Armed Scissor for me, somehow. They added weird Harmonies that made the song sound jarring and the "CUT AWAY!!!"s that were subdued in Guitar Hero World Tour are more aggonized and obnoxious in Rock Band 3.

Now don't get me wrong, the set list isn't all bad. I did like a few songs like Dead End Friends, The Con, Beast And The Harlot and a couple of others, and some of the songs have notes of Competency that could have been better like Viva La Resistance, Living In America by The Sounds and a few others, but then you get turds like Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before, Outer Space, Last Dance by the Ravonettes, Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Part 1, etc. Songs that all have a similar, emotionless feel to them that will appeal to almost no one and feel like they were added purely as filler. Also, unpopular music opinion but... I @#$%ing HATE Freebird.

Overall, I'd say not only does the game NOT have the best rhythm game setlist, it honestly has the WORST one.