• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unreal Tournament 3 krall screenshots

Jd1680a

Here is a couple of screenshots of the latest game I have gotten, Unreal Tournament 3. This game is tournament based FPS, where you have to do some violent killing of other NPC or players to win. There are some nice reptilian creatures on UT 3 called Krall. I hope you like them.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Skaarj are way god-damn cooler.

Kyouryuu

Wow, I think I liked how they looked in the first Unreal a lot better.

It's a shame Unreal Tournament 3's single player game is so shallow. The tools that are part of the Unreal Engine are really powerful and it's a shame they are wasted on what's essentially a botmatch campaign.

DJDarkViper

The Silent Hunter...
its a shame Unreal Tourny 3 sucks.

.. just throwing that out there. Further continuing the Id vs Epic war, where i side with Id no matter what.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Epic is going down the drain, especially on their forums. And myself will support Id to the end as well.

Bokracroc

DJDarkViper said:
its a shame Unreal Tourny 3 sucks.

.. just throwing that out there. Further continuing the Id vs Epic war, where i side with Id no matter what.

Quake 4 was hardly anything to rave on about

Rayne

Get out of here, stalker!
Bokracroc said:

I'll give you DOOM 3 as being hardly anything to rave about, but Quake 4 wasn't even developed by iD.

DJDarkViper

The Silent Hunter...
Rayne said:
Bokracroc said:

I'll give you DOOM 3 as being hardly anything to rave about, but Quake 4 wasn't even developed by iD.

Perfectly correct, Quake 4 was developped by Raven with Id licences Tech 4 engine.

And i will give you Doom3 as nothing to write home about. But 1 out of how many games and revolutions now? 1 can be forgivin, Epic has definitly had alot more failures.

John Carmack however expressed that he is dissatisfied with how Tech 4 turned out to be (Tech 4 = Doom3 Engine) and that upon release, were missing quite a few competant and vital pieces, such as proper vehicles.

Fun fact: Doom3 actually renders outdoor areas better and faster than interior.

If you've seen Id Tech 5, which powers their new IP "Rage", youll see exactly why Unreal 3 will eventually be on the recipient end of a bad S&M session.

Bokracroc

DJDarkViper said:
Rayne said:
Bokracroc said:

Perfectly correct, Quake 4 was developped by Raven with Id licences Tech 4 engine.

Still carries the Quake name and IP.
I couldn't care less on who makes it as long as the game is good (I'll give them points for the Strogg scene though)

DJDarkViper

The Silent Hunter...
Bokracroc said:
DJDarkViper said:
Rayne said:
Bokracroc said:

Still carries the Quake name and IP.
I couldn't care less on who makes it as long as the game is good (I'll give them points for the Strogg scene though)

I know where your coming from, and yes man, but in the context of the discussion we were talking about Id vs Epic here.
Bowtoid_Obelisk said:
DJDarkViper said:
Fun fact: Doom3 actually renders outdoor areas better and faster than interior.

It's not that hard to render black and dark.

Its a technicals part of the engine. Some engines are just more keen on rendering interiors over exteriors. For the longest LONGEST time the Doom3 engine was critisized for only being a corridor engine, and the quick 1 or 2 outdoor sequences were proof enough to some that it wasn't handing large areas of terrain very well. Doom3 however is able to render outdoor areas alot more efficiently than Interiors.

I also know what you mean by the black and dark sarcasm :p so dont think i didn't get it. haha. :)

Bokracroc

It could render them efficiently but they certainly didn't look very special.