• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unsung movie gems

turboanthro

Shallow Grave
One of the best horror/thriller films out there.

Dog Soldiers
THE best horror movie out there (for my money anways). Also has the most realistic werewolves I've seen in a movie.

28 Days Later
Interesting spin on zombies and how people would cope without the luxury of having a gunstore on every street.

Casshern
The totally batshit story aside, this film has some damn good action sequences.

Tsavong

Serenity

Firefly was a great show and they made an awsome movie out of the idea

TheLostWolf

That bitch
Tsavong said:
Serenity

Firefly was a great show and they made an awsome movie out of the idea
Can't stop the signal!

Dog Soldiers was good as well...

Mirrormask. Neil Gaiman wrote it, it is a diamond of a film. Strange, stylish, a bit silly, but over all a very clever film by a very clever guy. Reminds me of Pratchett, as they did collaborate.

joecifur

Kurosawa's last and not at all samurai related film, Maada da yo. It's amazing and hits you pretty hard without being sappy or turning into another one of those template The Amazing Teacher That Turns the School Around But His Unorthodox Ways Get Him Fired and the Community Bands Together to Bring Him Back movies.

Follows an old Japanese professor through his life and revolves around his birthday party tradition every year.

coffeewolf said:
Mirrormask. Neil Gaiman wrote it, it is a diamond of a film. Strange, stylish, a bit silly, but over all a very clever film by a very clever guy. Reminds me of Pratchett, as they did collaborate.

I CONCUR. Also, give Dave McKean some cred-- a long-time collaborator with Gaiman, he not only directed the film, but designed pretty much all of the stunning visuals in it. This movie should have been more popular. Or at least more popular in a "kooky cult hit" sense.

biffiea

"The Longest Day." In short, its a D-Day picture, and an old one. Black and White with John Wayne in it. Probably the best WWII picture ever. Then again I haven't seen "Flags of our Fathers" yet.

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. This might possibly be the funniest movie I have ever seen. Every time I watch it I wish they would make the sequal at the end.

ARK

it's this CG anime with lotsa' fighting and a giant mech battle at the end. tis very cool.

also another good CG anime is appleseed. there is a regular animated series but the CG movie is way better.

and finally Karas the prophecy. nuff said.