• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unusually animals you have seen walking about town?

Rebel-lion

Today while walking in town (I live on the very edge of North London) I saw an Alpaca! Casually walking down the street, with two keepers beside him. So me being curious went over and had a chat and had the chance to pet him, his fur was amazingly soft! It turned out they are part of a children’s charity, they visit schools in the local area showing off exotic animals.

Any one else had a unusually encounter with an unusually animals?

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
I live in a small town, surrounded by lots of brittish countryside. The only animal i have seen around town is a Fox. Ok so not unusual to most people, I was returning from a 6 and a half mile bicycle ride from moms, it was in the evening, so dark, I had got into when i saw a critter walking along the sidewalk, which as i creeped up slowely and got closer i saw it was a little fox, but as i got almost beside it, it decided to suddenly bolt across the road infront of me! Just aswell my bikes always have decent brakes.

SexyRedFoxxy

I Live To "Please"
I met a guy who said he was a cross between a bat and a sheep o.o

Jashwa

I saw a peacock yesterday just roaming around, which is weird because I live in a rural area and there's no reasona peacock should randomly be roaming around.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
<.<;;;

I have pet jellyfish, pet bantam chickens, my friend has pet peacocks and pheasants, and I have a pink lemonade tree...
oh and ropefish and dragonfish are weird.

other than that, I once saw a coyote.
and there was a cockatoo in my backyard.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
Coyote, quail, jackrabbits...hm.
yyyeaaah! arizona ftw!

quail and jackrabbits are pretty common though...

Any one else had a unusually encounter with an unusually animals?

and I hate to do this, but it has to be done...

it's UNUSUAL not "unusually"
you would say: "anyone else HAVE AN UNUSUAL encounter with UNUSUAL animals?"
otherwise you would say " I have had an unusually high amount of encounters with unusual animals that I usually do not see"

I hope your second language is english.

Last edited:

Irreverent

Seeing a lot more red tailed fox and blue jays in the 'burbs these days. Formerly common, but the West Nile Virus and or Lymn disease just about drove them from the area 5 years ago.

Beastcub

there was a deer in the intersection by my highschool one day, a panicked buck breathing heavy and faoming at the mouth (rabid maybe but i think he was just dehydrated) several miles from the nearest river/nature area, i followed it in the van and called highway patrol but i lost him down the network of nearby neighborhods.

and i had a quail in my back yard which was very odd because again this is a suburban area far from any nature areas.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
I saw a solid-white buck a couple years ago behind my house. About a 14 pointer, probably 5' conservatively at the shoulder, and standing about 6 feet away. The local hunters call it "Ghost" and say it's bad luck to shoot at it. He looked me in the eye, kinda nodded at me, and turned and walked away, like no big deal. Freaked me out. Two days later I saw a mated pair of foxes; the dog was solid black and the vixen was solid white. I wish I coulda' seen their kits, I bet they were beautiful.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I saw a solid-white buck a couple years ago behind my house. About a 14 pointer, probably 5' conservatively at the shoulder, and standing about 6 feet away. The local hunters call it "Ghost" and say it's bad luck to shoot at it. He looked me in the eye, kinda nodded at me, and turned and walked away, like no big deal. Freaked me out. Two days later I saw a mated pair of foxes; the dog was solid black and the vixen was solid white. I wish I coulda' seen their kits, I bet they were beautiful.

:/ aw... I've never seen a fox IRL before... not even at the zoo..
we have grey foxes here and kit foxes here, but Ive never seen them...

Linko_16

This is the Soul of Gak Splat
Lately my backyard has become home to quails and jackrabbits. Not unusual by any means, but it's plenty fun to look out the glass door from my easy chair and see them out and about. Also, the quails have babies and none of them are afraid of getting in my cats' faces. They'll all be trying to attack each other from either side of the glass, it's quite a hilarious sight. The only tragic part is that we found two baby rabbits in our pool skimmer who had fallen in and drowned. They smelled awful.

We'll also spy roadrunners and coyotes more rarely - in fact if your cat runs away you pretty much have no chance of finding it before the cay-yotes do. My mother even once ran into a gila monster, which I am way jealous of. But those are all animals who generally stay the fuck away from the town and neighborhoods.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Lately my backyard has become home to quails and jackrabbits. Not unusual by any means, but it's plenty fun to look out the glass door from my easy chair and see them out and about. Also, the quails have babies and none of them are afraid of getting in my cats' faces. They'll all be trying to attack each other from either side of the glass, it's quite a hilarious sight. The only tragic part is that we found two baby rabbits in our pool skimmer who had fallen in and drowned. They smelled awful.

We'll also spy roadrunners and coyotes more rarely - in fact if your cat runs away you pretty much have no chance of finding it before the cay-yotes do. My mother even once ran into a gila monster, which I am way jealous of. But those are all animals who generally stay the fuck away from the town and neighborhoods.
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Anyway, my story is a bit weird. I used to live in TN, so I'd see all sorts of wildlife on a daily basis. Deer roaming around, bennehs, coyotes, a large red fox used to live in a hollow in the woods by my house. Everything you'd normally see living in the country. Then I moved to California. I live on a military base. And we have deer. Not like deer that just bolt if they smell you from 9000 yards away, but deer that walk up to you, smell you, and walk away. Deer that LOOK AT YOU FUNNY, like you don't belong there, as if you are in their home, and not the other way round. I plan to sucker punch one of them soon. Video and pics are insured. Damn deer.

Beastcub

oh yeah
i saw a buck (mule deer) with an 11 point rack: 6 points on one side with a downward facing spike and the other side had 5 point and was "palmated" aka looked more like a moose antler, and both sides were huge, really thick and tall compared to any other mule deer i had seen.

it was FUGGEN SWEET because i frequented that nature center A LOT and never saw a buk with more than a 8 point(totall) rack before(which i rarely saw, mainly just 4s and 6s)
and the mutation to his antlers is a rare thing, he was also huge, i mean there were other bucks near him and he was buff compared to them, i suspect he some how came down out of the foothills (maybe followed the river, it'd be a long trip) as he was so impressive compared to the others in this suburban pocket herd of mule deer.

it was awsome.

Wulf

Terminally Pulchritudinous

Linko_16

This is the Soul of Gak Splat
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYONE.

fire.gif
censor2.png
goriya.gif
censor2.png
fire.gif

EDIT - wtf why are images not working for me.

Last edited:

Kangamutt

Image codes were disabled.

On topic: For several years now, there's been flocks of wild parrots that come to the area every summer. There's a large avocado tree in my back yard, and they usually roost up there and make a racket. DX

Diego117

ALLLBATROSSSSS!!!
I've seen a grey fox in my backyard. You don't see those that often in North Alabama.

Recently, I came home from a friends house around 1 in the morning to find a couple of armadillos digging around in the grass. Now armadillos are very common in Alabama. Just not the live kinds if you catch my drift. ;)