• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Upon the touchy subject of furries and real fur.

fox fur or faux fur? (multiple choice)

• real fur doesnt really bother me

Votes: 54 38.6%
  • it is cruel and inhumane

Votes: 24 17.1%
  • wild hunted is fine

Votes: 56 40.0%
  • farmed fur is fine

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • I would never wear it myself but I dont mind other people who have it.

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • KILL ALL FURRIERS! ARRGHHH! SAVE TEH FLUFFY ANIMALS!

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • fake fur should only be bought instead of real.

Votes: 52 37.1%

• Total voters

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
Meh, I don't care. Certain animals are severely overpopulated anyway.

Like humans for one.

It was in R&R. People were upset, they just weren't being as up in arms about it as OP. It's the internet; we've seen it all before.

I heard of it on the news here. Things like that do anger me but wtf can you do after the event? and the guy was busted for it anyway.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
It's a an either or situation.
People love their pets like family members and would do the same thing if their kid was sick and needed medical attention. At times, animals that are trained to work do need the doctor for check ups, shots and care when they get sick or broken limbs.
It's a waste just to "Put down" an animal that that has a broken leg that needed to be put in a cast, or a pet that has allergies (Yes, animals can get allergies), or has a gastral intestinal disorder. At times, some cannot be helped and the best thing to do is to put it down when the animal will live the rest of it's life in pain. My friend's parents have a dog that's blind and Nose and hearing deaf. The Poodle literally LOOKS like a zombie. That dog needs to die.

The same thing could be said about humans who waste thousands of dollars instead of actually pulling the plug on a Severely ill patient that has no chance of living a normal life. Saying goodbye is hard, but it's inhumane and selfish just to let one suffer just because you want your Great Aunt to live on pain killers and on a machine.

No one takes the Bob Barker Treatment at heart.

I completely agree with this.
our next topic in bio-ethics is euthanasia.

alaskawolf

I'm still not fond of the idea of wearing fur simply as a fashion statement. The reason I'd wear fur is the same reason I wear leather: it's functional. Good quality real leather is some of the toughest clothing material in existence, and it's both warm and nearly waterproof. Fur is far warmer than fake fur (a useful fact if you live in places where -20F isn't uncommon.) For those reasons alone, I'm 100% cool with wearing fur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAt1z_TgPQ4&feature=related

quite true it really is nice in the cold

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES

alaskawolf

moat of my winter gear is think leather coats with fur lining

Jaxinc

Regret nothing:Deny everything
I don't really care as long as you got the furs from a hunter a not some fram.
I agree here.

Farming anything for a product is probably the cruelest thing that can be done.

My father hunted when he was in his teens to 30s to bring food in for the Family, I inherited his re-curve bow. I have nothing against hunting as long as nothing is wasted.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I agree here.

Farming anything for a product is probably the cruelest thing that can be done.

My father hunted when he was in his teens to 30s to bring food in for the Family, I inherited his re-curve bow. I have nothing against hunting as long as nothing is wasted.

I am completely against farmed furs, but unfortunately unless you buy the actual pelt and make your own clothes, it's nearly impossible to tell which is farmed and which is hunted.
even with price, and there could be a combination of both farmed fur and hunted fur on one coat.

T

Tycho

I can't really come up with a LOGICAL reason for it, but I have a hatred for farmed fur. I just... don't like it. Something about farmed fur bothers me and I really don't know exactly what.

Other than that, seems a little creepy to make a fursuit with real fur to me, but whatever works for you.

Takoto

Scottish Fold cat, disabled, and sneezing a lot.
Doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't wear it.

I mean, if the animal's fur it is was killed humanely then, okay, but if it was slow/painful/ect then I think that's wrong.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
I can't really come up with a LOGICAL reason for it, but I have a hatred for farmed fur. I just... don't like it. Something about farmed fur bothers me and I really don't know exactly what.

Other than that, seems a little creepy to make a fursuit with real fur to me, but whatever works for you.

wow. you must have a 6th sense.

just do some google searching about "fur farms"
D: poor widdle animawls!