• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

USB Console Adaptors

Zippo

Banned
Banned
Naturally if you’re a gamer, you have several emulator programs on your Computer. So, if you wish to experience the closest possible to the original game play, you would want to use a device to convert your favorite console controllers into PC game controllers, then configure your emulator to accept these commands so you’ll need the conversion USB-to-Controller adaptor.

My favorite controller ever made due to its comfort and accessibility is for the N64. I use it to play most all my games, and by far the best investment ive ever made was the Adaptoid (www.adaptoid.com) which I bought for 25 bucks from one of the sites that offered to sell it. I believe that they are no longer in production but was by far the best one out there. Now I see them on eBay for about 80 bucks, and the price just keeps rising due to more desperate demand. There are others out there but none match up the same. Project64k EMU is a good to use since it's controller plugin has the adaptoid preset already installed, plus online MP game play.

There is another cool adaptor out there, I like to play GTA:SA. I have it on my PS2 console and have gotten used to the controls of my PS2 pad so when I got the PC version, which I wanted to play online with it using MTA (www.mtasa.com) I wanted to use my same controller so this (http://www.jandaman.com/games.mvc?p=triolinker&Category_code=PC) Trio Linker was the answer, and for 20 bucks for 3 types of controller hookups its the best deal online. In conclusion, everyone has their favorite controller and a USB adaptor is the best thing to enhance your gaming experience.

-Z

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
I use my PS2 controller for my roms. ^-^

I have a cheap adapter that I found while surfing through the RadioShack website at one point. Only cost me $9 at the time.

Good investment, as it came with all the drivers required for the controller and all the emulators I have tried support it.

Personally I think the PS2 pad is the best, so I'm glad I have it for when I need my console gaming on my PC.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
You can hook up most keyboards and mice to a 360 and chat away by default. It's rather cool, really! If Halo 2 had WASD Mouse support I'd PWN THE NATION!

Silver R. Wolfe

Dragoneer said:
You can hook up most keyboards and mice to a 360 and chat away by default. It's rather cool, really! If Halo 2 had WASD Mouse support I'd PWN THE NATION!

From what's been shown, the PS3 will have the same feature.

Though hopefully, Sony doesn't make it so it's only certain USB keyboards... >.>

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
silverwolfe said:
From what's been shown, the PS3 will have the same feature.

Though hopefully, Sony doesn't make it so it's only certain USB keyboards... >.>
From what I've seen the 360 is compatible with almost all USB keyboards except for those with odd programmability and special features.

I mean, with Sony sayign the 360 will "replace all computers" and make the PC obsolete, I'd hope their arrogant asses would include massive keyboard support. :)

I use the Soyo KIKY USB adapter to connect my DualShock PlayStation controller to my computer. I had to download updated drivers to get it to work properly with some of my emulators, but otherwise it works quite nicely.

I did once buy an multi converter for console gamepads to USB. unfortunately that one broke so quickly i never dared to buy such a thing again.

Instead i now own that Xbox360 USB gamepad which suits my emu needs just fine. I am using 3rd party drivers though since M$'s drivers are far to limited for there controller.

RTDragon

RTP User
RE:  USB Console Adaptors

silverwolfe said:
I use my PS2 controller for my roms. ^-^

I have a cheap adapter that I found while surfing through the RadioShack website at one point.  Only cost me $9 at the time.

Good investment, as it came with all the drivers required for the controller and all the emulators I have tried support it.

Personally I think the PS2 pad is the best, so I'm glad I have it for when I need my console gaming on my PC.

You must mean the PSX to USB Adapter i use that for my PS1 controller for SNES roms. so i can rip sprites.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
The only USB console adaptor I want is for a Dancemat for Stepmania and if one is out there, a Guitar Hero thingy lik Stepmania.
I'm quite good at adapting to controls.

Silver R. Wolfe

Bokracroc said:
The only USB console adaptor I want is for a Dancemat for Stepmania and if one is out there, a Guitar Hero thingy lik Stepmania.
I'm quite good at adapting to controls.

Get the PSX to USB adapter. It will work for both of those if you configure them right.