• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Useless crap you still remember

L

LizardKing

Over the course of a lifetime, a person will come to learn and remember many different things. In time, most of these will become useless, but still remembered anyway. Like old IRC logs of channels long dead. What useless crud is lying around in your brain? When did you last need that information?

"5024563012360"* - At the old shop I worked at many (10+) years ago, the barcode for the pack of 12 eggs would always get smudged, so it would have to be typed in manually.

"50201600" - Another barcode, for Cadbury's creme eggs. That never scanned either.

"1236" - Code for an alarm not used in over 15 years, maybe more.

Level layouts to old games like Quake and Duke Nukem 3D. Enemy placement, secrets, weapon locations... all remembered, none used in over a decade. I would mention Doom and Doom 2, but I played those within the last few years.

*One number changed because it's a googlewhack

Zenia

(###)-584-6185 (I do still remember the #s) - My very first phone number until I was a kid. We moved several hours away in 1992 so we got a new one then.
Sheaves Pl - The first street I ever lived on... we moved away from there when I was just about 3 years old.
I used to remember my ICQ number from when that was the chat thing I used way back in like... 1998 but I've finally forgotten it.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
I occasionaly recall there's this guy called LizardKing on some internet forum

RedDagger

A large amount of the earth is made from feldspar.

I have no idea what feldspar is made from.
I have no idea what part of the earth feldspar makes.
I have no idea if feldspar does anything.

And now, time to google feldspar.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
?TJL-BDFW-BFGV-JVVB - Master cheat code for Doom 64. This was a time when the internet and printers were scarce in my area, so I was forced to memorize any cheat if I wanted to use it. Writing it down on paper wasn't an option (my handwriting still looks like chicken scratches).

BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND - Turok 2: Seeds of Evil master cheat.

Pokémon base stats, and natures.

MTG's storyline.

My high school grades.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
There are plenty of YouTube videos I watched years ago that I can recall word-for-word like I watched them 5 minutes ago.

Hooky

Was hermiting.
My old phone number, random events from my past and having a best friend. All of those seem to be quite difficult to displace from my memory.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
C DOS

C DOS RUN

RUN DOS RUN

The last time i used a computer that was running MS DOS i was 6.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
18436572 versus 18736542 the firing order for the spark plugs of a v8 289 vs 283 from 1960'2 Chev and Fords. I quit working on cars back in the 1970's.
How about the words to songs in Jesus Christ super star? or better yet the epic poem "The song of Hiawatha". Much poetry and books most of you would never have heard of. But I really would like to forget the image of Richard Nixon giving the peace sign!!! "I am not a crook!"

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
six
point
oh
two
three
times
ten
to
the
twenty-third

(and the layout from every mission and multiplayer map from Red Faction II)

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
The entire script of The Lion King.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Oh, and the location of every uniform, face paint, weapon, and food item in Metal Gear Solid 3.

Benji

HOMO CRUSADER o.O
I can find the house of my best friend from age 5, when I lived in the middle of nowhere Kansas and my parents had to drive through miles of roads without landmarks to get to the house.

I have moved 14 times since then and was able to find it on an aerial photo after 15 years based on a couple clumps of trees and road angles. I have crazy directional skills.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Back in high school, my friend's locker combination was 7-11-31.

I only broke into his locker like twice and didn't even steel anything. Was just bored. But yeah. For some reason I can remember that number.

Koorivlf

Koorivlf
I remember all the power orb locations in Jak and Daxter and I remember the perfect path to win any race if not shot in snowboard kids lol

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
My High School Student ID number (13741)
My ID number from the BK I worked at in High School (0720)
My locker numbers and combinations from all four years in HS
All of my ex-girlfriends' birthdays
All Walmart generic items will have UPC's starting in "78742"

L

LizardKing

BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND - Turok 2: Seeds of Evil master cheat.

Yesssss. Those fireborn were hot (omg suddenly the name makes sense).

C DOS

C DOS RUN

RUN DOS RUN

The last time i used a computer that was running MS DOS i was 6.

I kinda used DOS in my previous job, since they were supposed to be locked down, including cmd.exe. Batch files still worked though. Some creative use of "copy con runme.bat" and other shit let me effectively make my own command prompt. Mostly so I could easily use ping/tracert. Fun times. But yes, proper MS-DOS use with config.sys/autoexec.bat and desperately trying to free up more base memory is something from the dark ages now.

six
point
oh
two
three
times
ten
to
the
twenty-third

I probably had my memory of that refreshed from xkcd and the mole² moon.