• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

User Page Layouts

Ok I don't go reading everything in forums so I don't know if this has been brought up or not but, my friend and I joined SheezyArt and noticed the service there SUCKS!

BUT

They do have a pretty cool feature for user page layouts
nothing to extreme though but I was thinking what about a feature that lets you choose the colors of your own FA page?

Ok that's my suggestion >.>

MadPlumber

I don't think that is a bad idea, though it would have to be a predefined and conservative set of colors for users to choose from so as not to create a color combination that is punishment to the eyes or renders the userpage elements invisible. I believe LiveJournal has an option where you can choose which layout you want for your journal.

There would have to be an additional option that allows browsing users to override the personal layout with the default view.

Anyways, predefined layouts are the way to go. Don't let people upload their own wallpapers.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
If we did something like that it would be pre-defined patterns, sort of what MadPlumber wrote. I've seen too many custom pages in my time that can only be described as "LSD Rainbow Vomit".

T

TakeWalker

It would also be nice if you could specify not seeing a user's page layout. I like my plain and boring grey, thank you. Seen far too many DA journals where I can't even figure out what the actual journal is.

thebeast76

Just a friendly robot
It would also be nice if you could specify not seeing a user's page layout. I like my plain and boring grey, thank you. Seen far too many DA journals where I can't even figure out what the actual journal is.

I second the emotion.

thebeast76

Just a friendly robot
Motion, Beast.

Don't make me start calling you Abee, ala Son Hee-Joon's Dorothy of Oz.

Yeah, I posted it, then I was like F*CK! 'Cause I knew it wasn't right, but didn't realize it until AFTER I posted it. My bad.

Kaiva

I like this idea, option to ignore custom layouts is great for those who don't like the idea and it would be nice to add your own touch to your userpage.

If possible, it would be interesting to see backgrounds used in a limited sense... say, only 300x300 max and only a few kb, externally hosted stuffs.
I attached what ought to be a decent tiled background for an example. its just 208x208, 2.2kb and dark enough for most text colors, I made it, I don't mind if anyone uses it.
I seriously doubt the demand for custom profiles of that caliber is large enough to warrant the effort needed to implement something like this... just my addition to the idea.

any thoughts on this background idea thing? I'm sure I'm missing some flaws, but meh.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
Users who try to use either lime or magenta prominently will be automatically banned forever, and an angry email will be sent to their mothers.

Possible, but insanely complicated to do correctly.

PogoRoo

Banned
Banned
If we did something like that it would be pre-defined patterns, sort of what MadPlumber wrote. I've seen too many custom pages in my time that can only be described as "LSD Rainbow Vomit".

Very true. FA isn't MySpace. If people want layouts, they can go to SheezyArt. One of the main reasons I stick to FA is because it's nice and quiet, easy to use, and I don't get surprise music/videos when I click on someone's profile. May it always be this way. :3

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
Very true. FA isn't MySpace. If people want layouts, they can go to SheezyArt. One of the main reasons I stick to FA is because it's nice and quiet, easy to use, and I don't get surprise music/videos when I click on someone's profile. May it always be this way. :3

I wholeheartedly agree with this. That's why I left and deleted my MySpace in the first place. I'm listening to some aria with a decent singer and then I end up with someone's horrible taste in music blarring my stuff out. If FA EVER does anything like that, without the option to block it, of course, I'm leaving.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
I will personally punch in the face anyone who even attempts to have autoplay music on eir userpage.