• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Users VS Staff Members (Ver. 2)

Guifrog

Blue Frog | Avatar by Lenago
(random thought: )

"Don't worry! my computer is inoffensive! it will'n't bite you
+you s-sure?
Yeah! pet her!
+ohh o-ok!
*the person gets zapped*
+AAAAAA!! I thought you said it wouldn't bite me!
yeah! it doesn't bites! it bytes so be careful! ^w^"

XDD
Imagine if that was a Pit Bull, it would be a MEGA-BYTE!

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned Wolf + Phoenix
Imagine if that was a Pit Bull, it would be a MEGA-BYTE!
hahaha! and imagine it was a prehistoric creature like a Homotherium!

it would be a THERA-BYTE!

Fcomega121

fcoomega11121!!!
lol!

Fcomega121

Fcomega121

And if they spoke greek you'd get a ZETTA-byte

and..... also if they knew japanese you'd get a.. To-YOTTA-byte?
I don't know how to continue! hahaha

11125!

Fcomega121

Hueahue me neither, we may have explored all the current official byte terms
But that's allryte... not all bytes uwu

haha that's ryte!

apparently there are only other 2 terms remaining!
Brontobyte and a pokemon Geopbyte uwu

how are you doing friendo? :3

Guifrog

haha that's ryte!

apparently there are only other 2 terms remaining!
Brontobyte and a pokemon Geopbyte uwu

how are you doing friendo? :3
Oh, are those already formally recognized in the SI? Last update I find online dates from 2019
One of them sounds like a dinosaur byte fren~!

I'm alright, today I've translated a text with botanical terms for an app that aids in tree assessment and measurement, so I had to learn a bit about the anatomy of trees!
What about you?

Fcomega121

Oh, are those already formally recognized in the SI? Last update I find online dates from 2019
One of them sounds like a dinosaur byte fren~!
I had no idea there was an official site that recognized that in first place! OWO

awww indeed! hehe brontobyte sounds kinda like a pokemon sauropod hehehe
Imagine that! an electrical bronto! owo
I mean even the term means "thunder" by Imagine dragons lol

I'm alright, today I've translated a text with botanical terms for an app that aids in tree assessment and measurement, so I had to learn a bit about the anatomy of trees!
What about you?
Oooooh! neatto!
I should learn more about plants hehehe
anything mind blowing? owo

I'm very fine fren hehe
playing pokemon emerald! just catched another marill and it's another female ^^º

today me and others we helped pax with the art server on discord!
now we have more channels eeeee!

also just got chicken!
and other thingies delivered here ^w^

Guifrog

I had no idea there was an official site that recognized that in first place! OWO
Welp, SI stands for the International System of Units. That site I've shown is part of the online home of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (from the USA), which keeps the decisions made by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM) (the supreme authority on all this) on the System of Units updated there! The unit recognition is based on international conferences, from which loooooong reports are produced, and these reports are the source used by that page~
awww indeed! hehe brontobyte sounds kinda like a pokemon sauropod hehehe
Imagine that! an electrical bronto! owo
I mean even the term means "thunder" by Imagine dragons lol
Electrical bronto... well, we have electric eels. Why not electric brontos!
Oooooh! neatto!
I should learn more about plants hehehe
anything mind blowing? owo
Hmmm... Not quite, just things that I guess only interest linguists like me. For example, I kept wondering why "crown collar" translates to "base da copa", whereas "root collar" translates to "colo da raiz". So compounds sometimes have the same word, but they may change completely when translated to another language
I'm very fine fren hehe
playing pokemon emerald! just catched another marill and it's another female ^^º

today me and others we helped pax with the art server on discord!
now we have more channels eeeee!

also just got chicken!
and other thingies delivered here ^w^
Cool- wait, you got chicken? And other thingies? Neighbors are giving you christmas gifts? lol

Fcomega121

Welp, SI stands for the International System of Units. That site I've shown is part of the online home of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (from the USA), which keeps the decisions made by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM) (the supreme authority on all this) on the System of Units updated there! The unit recognition is based on international conferences, from which loooooong reports are produced, and these reports are the source used by that page~
@w@

Tech-o tech-o
That's very interesting!

I never imagined this existed! OwO

Electrical bronto... well, we have electric eels. Why not electric brontos!
Yeeeee!!!
Thunder electric brontos!!!

Hmmm... Not quite, just things that I guess only interest linguists like me. For example, I kept wondering why "crown collar" translates to "base da copa", whereas "root collar" translates to "colo da raiz". So compounds sometimes have the same word, but they may change completely when translated to another language
*Fellow linguistical interest noises*
images - 2021-12-08T204358.659.jpeg

Cool- wait, you got chicken? And other thingies? Neighbors are giving you christmas gifts? lol

Hahaha!
Nuuu! I'd love to have wholesome neighbors tbh uwu

My dad arrived back and brought candy canes, chicken(but not for me, it has spice ;w;), burgers, McDonald's toys and etc!! ^w^

11131~!

Guifrog

@w@

Tech-o tech-o
That's very interesting!

I never imagined this existed! OwO
There, so now you know that many standardized things like that exist because there are conferences, research and loooooong reports!
Things like HDI, units of measurement, currencies, ISO norms etc. Thankfully, we don't need to read hundreds of pages of reports to have access to what matters the most because there are things like that website, news articles, magazines and Wikipedia, which sum up everything :>
*Fellow linguistical interest noises*
images - 2021-12-08T204358.659.jpeg
Ah yeah, you love languages too @w@ Interested in specializing and working with languages, fren?
Hahaha!
Nuuu! I'd love to have wholesome neighbors tbh uwu

My dad arrived back and brought candy canes, chicken(but not for me, it has spice ;w;), burgers, McDonald's toys and etc!! ^w^

11131~!
Candy canes... I don't think I've ever seen a candy cane in real life :0!!!
11132!!!

Fcomega121

There, so now you know that many standardized things like that exist because there are conferences, research and loooooong reports!
Things like HDI, units of measurement, currencies, ISO norms etc. Thankfully, we don't need to read hundreds of pages of reports to have access to what matters the most because there are things like that website, news articles, magazines and Wikipedia, which sum up everything :>
I'm glad for that!
I wouldn't like to read all of that parafernal long texts ;@-@;

Cheers for those peeps who make the summaries for us! UwU

Ah yeah, you love languages too @w@ Interested in specializing and working with languages, fren?
Yeee! @w@

I don't know fren~
Even though I love them, grammar is the hardest part for me in any linguistic place, say conlangs or irl, and that pushes me backwards to it

And I like animals, paleontology, technology, science, voice dubbing, drawing and etc, I don't know where to specialize and work on fren @w@

I want to make a lot of things!! So little time! Aaaaaa

Candy canes... I don't think I've ever seen a candy cane in real life :0!!!
11132!!!
Woah! Really? @w@

I've eaten of different flavors even!! fruit, mint and others I can't recall hehe!

11133!!

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
howdy

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Sup

Fcomega121

Huh, this seems like an interesting thread. Hello.

wowowowow you look familiar! :O

are you anti-erix? :0

Fcomega121

Anti-erix?

What is that supposed to mean?

xire|erix

and your pic do look like the opposite to erix 0w0

Xire

..?
I wanted to play undercover... but it seems I have ways to go in the stealth department huh? xp

I wanted to make it a little obvious but not too obvious but ig I messed up ;w;

11142!

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
If your face was going in the other direction I would have been fooled.