• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

UStream + Super Webcam = No sound?

Kajet

So... like a few... okay a ton of other people I've decided to do stuff with UStream, only problem is I can't get super webcam to get sound from anything other than my mic, Is there a way to route sound into it or am I basically boned?

Edit: I'm on an XP system, otherwise UStream's help info would be more helpful.

J

jayhusky

If you have a cable with 2 3.5mm jacks, (one on either end) you can direct sound from your speakers into the microphone port and Supercam should beable to hear this resulting in sound.

This is what I do, to get sound.

Hope this helps

Immelmann

Machine Washable
This may actually be a sound card problem. Some sound cards don't do that.

In the Ustream window, play with the audio settings there. Try selecting different audio input devices until it works. Mine is something like "Stereo Line In".

Kajet

I see my problem now, I've been using a usb headphone/microphone jack cause the ones on my comp have a short or something and are fucked, and blah blah blah...

Is there a way to use the usb jack thing and get sound off my comp, or should I just suck it up and do stuff half-deaf?

Immelmann

Machine Washable
I don't know, but contemplate this: sound uses a lot more bandwidth than you may expect. Using Ustream's support of the Flash Media Encoder, I was able to double the resolution and frame rate, but only with audio disabled.