• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

VA Furmeet?

After reading http://www.furaffinityforums.net/showthread.php?tid=17582 I got all excited and figured Virginia furs could have a possible get together. I don't really know much about scheduling these kinds of events, though, because I've never done this sort of thing. I'm also kinda nervous about going if we do have one because I wouldn't know anyone there, but it would be nice. Also, I dunno if my parents would let me. Besides, I have no moneys. Just wondering if this is a good posibility and if anyone else would be willing to help me and show up.

Kaeko

peace keeping minx
I would be there ^^ got to think of a place and a date is all really. umm...hmm, I'd be alright meeting strangers, Furiends are not strangers though lol. Hmm..anything around close to us all is the question...

I liked the VCC area, but that seemed alittle out of the way for some people. and it wouldn't be too big i think..

Kite-Levinas

Hahaa. I would LOVE to go, but I'm afraid that's not an option for meh, sry. :(

You see, they're holding me on a leash here in South Korea, so I have.. to obey... or they'll, umm..

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Me and My palz would come And/or help organize. But it depends on where....Unfortuantely, I am stuck in the Tidewater area, and getting around by bus could prove to be difficult.

Zeke Shadowfyre said:
Me and My palz would come And/or help organize. But it depends on where....Unfortuantely, I am stuck in the Tidewater area, and getting around by bus could prove to be difficult.

Oh geez.. I don't know what to do about this one. I'd like for as many furs as possible to come, but there is the location/ride problem. I'm also still kinda having trouble organizing this through the forums... ^_^;

Kaeko said:
I would be there ^^ got to think of a place and a date is all really. umm...hmm, I'd be alright meeting strangers, Furiends are not strangers though lol. Hmm..anything around close to us all is the question...

So would you be able to get transportation depending on the date and time? I think that I want to collaborate with you and greg-the-fox (of course cooperating with other possible participants as well) to get a set date and location that can be agreed upon. I want as many people to come as possible and we also need to plan activities for that meet if we have one so people won't be bored. XD If you think you can help me out, you can PM me, or we can set up a chat session with greg (after I talk to him about things) to work this out.

Grimfang

I think it'd be cool. My days off are limited, but if this occurs on one of those, then I could do it. I also have May 23rd-25th off of work, besides normal work days.

Sounds random and crazy enough for me :3

Kite-Levinas said:
You see, they're holding me on a leash here in South Korea, so I have.. to obey... or they'll, umm..

That sucks. :( I'm sorry to hear about that. I heard about South Korea in school, but I wish you could come...

greg-the-fox

Ok, I did you guys a favor ^^ Marked all the locations of people who said they were coming... I'll update it if anyone else shows up.
This image is like the biggest thing I've ever seen on google images XD It's 40 inches wide!
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7607/virginiaroadmaphj1.jpg
I think Richmond would be a good place to meet.
Edit: OMFG I just realized... King's Dominion is in Richmond :D Anyone like roller coasters?

Grimfang

greg-the-fox said:
Anyone like roller coasters?

Woo! Ya, but... eh.. some scare me ._.
Some of the extreme ones, I will refuse to no end. Haha

Wow, that map helps a lot. Richmond does seem to be the centralest place.. sort of. I feel bad for you way south/north people though.

greg-the-fox said:
Ok, I did you guys a favor ^^ Marked all the locations of people who said they were coming... I'll update it if anyone else shows up.
This image is like the biggest thing I've ever seen on google images XD It's 40 inches wide!
Edit: OMFG I just realized... King's Dominion is in Richmond :D Anyone like roller coasters?

Woah, this is really helpful, thanks a lot!! Mintywolf can come too, so I need to find out where they live. It looks like Richmond is the best spot to meet as of right now. I've got nothing against King's Dominion, though! Now I need to get a job... xD

I would possibly like to join depending on the date and all (even love rollercoasters too). I am in lower Southern Maryland and only maybe 2 hours from Richmond (hell, will take me less time to get to than some Maryland meets). Sounds like a fun time.

scooter_squirrel said:
I would possibly like to join depending on the date and all (even love rollercoasters too). I am in lower Southern Maryland and only maybe 2 hours from Richmond (hell, will take me less time to get to than some Maryland meets). Sounds like a fun time.

Well we're thinking of May 24th on Saturday if thats okay with you. Do you mind if I put you down on the available list? I hope you can come!

Oh, that sounds good, I will definitely look to keep that day open (shouldn't be hard to remember since my birthday is that weekend). I will be looking forward to doing something fun rather than thinking about being another year older, urgh. Definitely pencil me in!

Grimfang

x_x

I made a fatal mistake.

Well, I actually have those days off in March, not May. But I'll see if I can get that day off in May. My mistake..

Grimfang said:
Well, I actually have those days off in March, not May. But I'll see if I can get that day off in May. My mistake..

Oh nooooo!! *dies*

. . .

What to do now? I must inform the others....

The Reno

I will try my best to get there, but living on the eastern shore, its a bit of a travel to hitch a ride with a friend you know? xD See you there if I can make it xD

skulltoe

Anyone like roller coasters?

YES. Any of them. But I'm in NC... not too far though. But I am heading up to Busch Gardens on Tuesday, though I'm with the family who has no idea what "furry" means. And they wouldn't take the idea of meeting random people from the internet too well.

I'll be there the whole week though, if anyone else plans on it. I most likely can't meet up with anyone though. D:

Well, if anyone is going to Busch Gardens anytime next week (after Tuesday), I'll be there. Try to wear something to stand out (phipaw?). No sense in buying tickets to come meet though, most I'll be able to do is smile and wave... then be ushered off by my dad...

greg-the-fox

Reno, you said on Newgrounds you would like to come on the 24th.
Skulltoe wants to come on Tuesday...

guys!! It might be spring break for you then but I have to go to school and I'm sure people are working... it has to be a weekend. And next week is way to soon, we've barely started planning this! I'm thinking it won't happen for a few months, sorry. :(

Grimfang

There was a mix up with the date of when it was to be.

I say May 24th or 25th. That'd be a Saturday, or Sunday, depending on what works best for everyone else.

That way, we have a ridiculous amount of time to get things organized, and eventually we can get a roster so we will know who all will be there.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
What about Jillian's at Waterside in Norfolk during the daytime.

You don't have to pay to get in, it's two Hours from Richmond in Downtown Norfolk, there's a bar for the 21+ furs, and 20 and under there are games, and 18+ and up there's a club if you are planning to stay afterdark. You get a refillable game card (plus 1 dollar activation fee), and you can put any amount on the card (I suggest 50 dollars if you are planning to stay all day). If you don't want to eat in Jillian's, there's more restaurants downstairs, There are more places to eat outside of Waterside, like Kelly's Backstage Tavern, or inside the MacArthur mall like max and Erma's, California Pizza Kitchen, Johnny Rockets, Plenty of Starbucks and a Barnes And Noble.

It's close for some of the Local furs in Tidewater and it's not that far. (I can help get free parking at the MacArthur Center Garage) If they get bored, there's the mall with a Movie Theater, if you feel up to it there's the ferry to Olde Town Portsmouth for more Restaurants, The Children's Museum, the Sports Hall of fame Museum and the Commodore theater.

I wouldn't suggest wearing a full Fursuit, there are Security guards that can be a little bit anal. It might provide some lulz if the free entertainment shows up (Protesting Evangelists).

greg-the-fox said:

Amusement Parks during the open season will be packed until the Middle of summer, and not alot of people can afford a ticket to Kings Dominion. You'd have to either go during the week (Weekdays), watch out for entire Groups like School children who are little thieves and rude, Inclement weather (it can be a good thing).

Bush Gardens (If a choice) would be a little better, but it's still a little on the price side.

greg-the-fox

Zeke Shadowfyre said:
What about Jillian's at Waterside in Norfolk during the daytime.

You don't have to pay to get in, it's two Hours from Richmond in Downtown Norfolk, there's a bar for the 21+ furs, and 20 and under there are games, and 18+ and up there's a club if you are planning to stay afterdark. You get a refillable game card (plus 1 dollar activation fee), and you can put any amount on the card (I suggest 50 dollars if you are planning to stay all day). If you don't want to eat in Jillian's, there's more restaurants downstairs, There are more places to eat outside of Waterside, like Kelly's Backstage Tavern, or inside the MacArthur mall like max and Erma's, California Pizza Kitchen, Johnny Rockets, Plenty of Starbucks and a Barnes And Noble.

Just my opinion, but that doesn't sound very exiting. :?

Zeke Shadowfyre said:
It's close for some of the Local furs in Tidewater and it's not that far.

Yeah, Norfolk?! Not to be selfish, (being the furthest north so far) it would already take me around 3 hours to make it to Richmond, I'm not driving 5 hours to get to an arcade. If we're in that area, why not just go to Virginia Beach?

Zeke Shadowfyre said:
Amusement Parks during the open season will be packed until the Middle of summer, and not alot of people can afford a ticket to Kings Dominion. You'd have to either go during the week (Weekdays), watch out for entire Groups like School children who are little thieves and rude, Inclement weather (it can be a good thing).

Bush Gardens (If a choice) would be a little better, but it's still a little on the price side.

I've been to Busch Gardens twice and have never encountered any problems. Maybe what your talking about would apply to Six Flags or Kings Dominion... The park is mostly forest, they kept as many trees as possible, just took as many down as was necessary to accommodate roller coasters etc... I think it's a beautiful place and a friendly environment. And it's never that crowded, the lines aren't that long, but in any case I think we should get there when it opens at 10:00 am.

If we went to Jillian's, we'd still be spending a fair amount of money, you recommended $50, you'd have to factor in food, drinks, arcade games...

Busch Garden tickets are $56 dollars, parking is $9, there's a group discount for 15 or more (if we can get that many) where individual tickets would be around $50-$55 including a meal ticket (an entre, a side dish, and a drink)