• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Valve Index gray screen/not detecting base stations (FIXED)

Palybuddi

I got a Valve Index (as well as a NZXT Streaming PC) as a birthday present a few days ago, and it's been working perfectly for the first 2 days. It ran VRChat smoothly and perfectly. Then, all of a sudden, this night, I turned on SteamVR and put on the headset only to realize that it's displaying only a gray screen. I looked at the SteamVR app on my desktop and it says that my headset cannot detect the base stations.

I tried everything, from turning off my ceiling light, putting a blanket over my monitors, and moving around the base stations, but nothing is working. I was doing VR earlier today and it was working perfectly.

I also wear glasses, which makes putting on my headset a hassle, so I'm wondering if I damaged my headset in any way.

What's going on? Is there any way to get things working again?

UPDATE:

I figured it out. I had I unplug the headset and plug it back in. It started working after that. I think I updated the headset earlier and it said to unplug/plug in the headset after the update, but for some reason I didn't do that.

Last edited: