• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vegetables you hate/can't stand

Most hated vegetables!

• Total voters

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I really don't like Zucchinis... Eggplants and raw tomatoes also don't work for me.
Beyond that I like most veggies.

I think raw tomatoes depend on context. If they are in a sandwich, or a Greek salad, I will accept them. :3

N

Nyro46

Celery. Specifically raw celery. Not only is it stringy and difficult to chew, but it has this taste that I cannot explain or describe well enough other than it is awful . . . when I was younger I described it as "tasting like medicine" but I don't even know if that's really accurate. I can only eat celery if it's in small pieces and cooked in something to the point where it's soft and loses its taste. (Like in soup).

theWiitch

Beets and zucchinis, good grief :confused: Ya'll can have them.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Tomatoes are literally devil fruit
upload_2019-6-26_18-20-58.png

ohmachidai

I am bred
eggplants are the most disgusting things I've ever tasted. I dont care how they're prepared, its gross.

(absolutely zero sugar chocolate doesnt count)

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
I generally don't like any veggie that tastes like grass. Like, who thought that eating lettuce was a good idea? Wouldn't you get the same taste by tearing leaves off the nearest tree and eating them?

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
(Tomatoes are fruits...)
The only vegetables I dislike are beetroot and celery. That's it.
Fruit is my picky thing, and that's mostly due to texture. For example, I don't like tomatoes unless they're properly smooshed up like in a passata or soup.

I'm happy this thread got bumped :p

I forgot all about you not liking beets or tomatoes! Now the list of potential foods to bug you about is even more massive : )

(Minty does not like: Celery, Beets, Tomatoes, Pineapple, Watermelon, Peanut Butter, Mayonnaise...and almost all seafood.)

Last edited:

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
I have probably dug out thousands of peas in my chicken pot pies

i will ether dig em out or just not eat them
well i have eaten them only if there covered by something like in my aunts soup
Peas? No, lettuce is more gross. It tastes like dew-covered grass. Who thought that eating lettuce was ever a good idea?

BubbaDuckChanchi

I is Chiducken Chicken + Duck
when we have salads for lunch my friend takes the leaves on dips them in honey mustard
i don't think i've probabley tried lettuce,but the day when i eat a chicken casar salad again i'll tell you what i think about it

i had chicken chunks with spinach leaf's.They taste like a whole chicken Cesar salad to me just without the best part of a salad

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Honestly pretty much every single vegetable ever.

Notable exceptions are carrots, snap peas (raw), broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, potatoes, small amounts of raw onions, and tomato-based products. Anything else I would have to be starving to eat.

A Minty cheetah

~C H E E~
I'm happy this thread got bumped :p

I forgot all about you not liking beets or tomatoes! Now the list of potential foods to bug you about is even more massive : )

(Minty does not like: Celery, Beets, Tomatoes, Pineapple, Watermelon, Peanut Butter, Mayonnaise...and almost all seafood.)
Get that user title changed to simply "evil".

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
I don't know if I'm just not preparing them right or what, but I CAN'T STAND zucchinis. They just don't have enough taste for me. Broccoli is also kinda nasty. The texture is too... separated? I don't know if that's the word I'm looking for, but I mean to say that the top part (the darker green) is too clumpy. It's like trying to eat a bunch of super tiny pieces of something unappetizing that seems to enjoy getting stuck in your teeth. Every other veggie is fine by me though :D

Pomorek

Hyena-Addicted Antelope
I don't think there's any I just can't stand. I like many vegetables a lot (tomatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, parsnips, peppers both sweet and hot, sweet potatoes, cucumbers). But there are some that I like less:

Cabbage: I only like it sour.

Celery and parsley: small amounts, please.

Spinach: depends in what dish and how prepared.

Pulses (pea, beans, lentils etc.): some are ok, some less so. Some make me feel stuffed incredibly fast (lentils, what's up with them: with meals based on lentils, I eat one-third of what my normal portion would be and just can't continue, even if it's tasty). And I really dislike when their texture is mealy.

Cauliflower: the closest one to being actually hated... But still I give it benefit of doubt. Maybe my parents didn't know what do with it. Maybe I haven't encountered it being served the way it should be. But I yet have to see it made in a genuinely nice way.

tamara590

curious wolf
tomatoes and onions immediately make me vomit, while spinach and asparagus [ann white beans in redsauce} are the best ever