• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent/Rant from a socially awkward being.

FruitLoopFox

Hi,
I'm Crys and I'm really tired of myself.
I can't (and have tried) to make friends through the furry community. Sorry if I sound like a whiny pissbaby, but I seriously cannot make connections with people. It's frustrating! I feel like I bore everyone! Be it at meets or online, I get this 'will you please stop talking' vibe from everyone. I know it's probably in my head, but I just can't shake it! And I'm tired of the "Well get out there, noone is going to come to you!" I HAVE. AND IM STILL TRYING.
I don't know what to do...I miss having friends. Six years ago, it wasn't an issue,but as I've gotten older it's become a problem. I don't know how to start a conversation and if I try, people look at me like I'm dumb.

Sorry again.

FruitLoopFox

I like watching let's players, mostly Yogscast and Game Grumps! I like horror movies/anime/manga/tv shows! And I absolutely adore tailmaws!

trashycoon

Please clap.
That's cool. Tailmaws are a new thing to me. Wow. What crazy frickin concept. Had to look it up...

I used to love teh anime, but I mostly stick to Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli these days. He is an absolute genius and Spirited Away might actually be my favorite movie of all time.

I got out of Japanese stuff for a long time, but lately we've been playing tons of Japanese commercials off of YouTube around here lately. I can never get enough of those. They are just whacked out and I love them.

FruitLoopFox

Anime and stuff aren't a constant for me, I've been preferring gaming videos over them. But Japanese commercials and music videos are amazing. XD

Tailmaws are crazy,but I guess thats the alluring part of them.

And you really can't go wrong with a Studio Ghibli movie! :D I really like Howl's Moving Castle!

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
I like watching let's players, mostly Yogscast and Game Grumps! I like horror movies/anime/manga/tv shows! And I absolutely adore tailmaws!

*shuffles over* You like Game Grumps, you say? Excellent! They're one of the letsplayers that I sub to on youtube. Seems that they can always brighten my day. :)

Don't worry about being socially awkward. I get the feeling the internet would be a cold, dark place if most of us weren't socially awkward.

trashycoon

Please clap.
Howl's is awesome. Ponyo is awesome and Nausicaa is awesome and they're all awesome. The Wind Rises was kinda middling but I like it more as time goes by.

My cat is super bitey. I suspect if he could have a tailmaw, he would sign right up and have double the biting power.

My hobbies are dumpster diving, blasting French Hip Hop music to annoy the neighbors and documentaries. For a living I actually do video stuff and even some animation....if I had the chance to make a music video for a Japanese act, I'd take the job in a heartbeat, despite the fact I don't think their music is all that. Every now and then I find a band I like such as Boom Boom Satellites.

FruitLoopFox

*shuffles over* You like Game Grumps, you say? Excellent! They're one of the letsplayers that I sub to on youtube. Seems that they can always brighten my day. :)

Don't worry about being socially awkward. I get the feeling the internet would be a cold, dark place if most of us weren't socially awkward.

Their Windwaker playthrough is my goto playlist when Im bummed out and can't sleep!

;-; Even so, I always feel like a bother to everyone! I'm going to a furcon and even wonder if it's worth it to go. Like I wanna go to see suits and the dealers room(?), but people! I want to interact with suiters and non-suiters,but I get the suspicion it's not going to happen and I'll be snubbed. Ugh.

FruitLoopFox

Oh gosh,cat's do not need a tailmaw! xD There would be chaos!
I'll have to look up French hip-hop. o.o That sounds interesting!
And dumpster diving is actually not that bad. I picked a bunch of hubcaps out for a highschool art project forever ago!
Ponyo! Oh gosh! I havent seen that one in forever! D:

trashycoon

Please clap.

There's a couple of pretty good tracks. I got a thing for French language and culture. Always felt like I could do well there.

I kinda like those cat bites. We just got a new cat around here and he is absolutely nuts. He's got a really funny face and seriously looks like Will Farrell doing an impression of George W. Bush. Then bats and bites.

Here's a tip for the socially awkward that works:

People love to talk about themselves. One of the easiest ways you can get people to warm up to you is to ask a person some questions about what they like, their ideas, their past, etc. It breaks down walls pretty fast...

FruitLoopFox

There's a couple of pretty good tracks. I got a thing for French language and culture. Always felt like I could do well there.

I kinda like those cat bites. We just got a new cat around here and he is absolutely nuts. He's got a really funny face and seriously looks like Will Farrell doing an impression of George W. Bush. Then bats and bites.

Here's a tip for the socially awkward that works:

People love to talk about themselves. One of the easiest ways you can get people to warm up to you is to ask a person some questions about what they like, their ideas, their past, etc. It breaks down walls pretty fast...

Oh gosh. He must be quite the handful. Love bites are one thing,but full on Im gonna maul you is completely different. My cat thinks he's still a kitten and tries to suckle on fingers.

I will def remember that! Thank you!

Saved those for later to listen to! I took french for 3 years, it didnt stick. xD All I can remember is how to count to ten and some other little things. What about the culture interests you? :>

sarnarus

What kind of tv shows do you watch? ive been looking for a new show to just binge watch the shit out of, right now im watching like 6 tv shows and it still feels like years before each new episode comes out each week x.x and im kinda the same with talking to people i usually get people to the 1 word responses :p i guess i wear them out by talking

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
Their Windwaker playthrough is my goto playlist when Im bummed out and can't sleep!

;-; Even so, I always feel like a bother to everyone! I'm going to a furcon and even wonder if it's worth it to go. Like I wanna go to see suits and the dealers room(?), but people! I want to interact with suiters and non-suiters,but I get the suspicion it's not going to happen and I'll be snubbed. Ugh.

I haven't been to a con yet (and I think I'm starting to get to that creeper age for going by myself), but I imagine that most of the people there in suits are there to be seen and admired and squeed over. (I mean, I would if I had spent a grand on an outfit I didn't wear very often.) So as long as you follow proper decorum (don't interrupt anyone who is clearly already in the middle of a conversation, approach suiters from the front because their peripheral vision is usually blocked, no screeching, etc), then you'd probably be fine! If they snub you, just remember that not everyone is nice, and that sometimes nice people act rudely because they're tired or have had a rough day.