• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
My day has been absolute shit.

To start off, I was scammed by an artist and argued with them on Facebook before they blocked me. It was a Kpop stan. Every Kpop stan I've ever commissioned has scammed me. I really don't know why, but I decided to commission another one this time even though I was worried it would happen for a third time. It did. I don't feel distain for Kpop fans in general, but I can't bring myself to commission another one in the future.

I got a tip in a local Facebook group about a picture taken of a cat that looked like mine on someone's porch. I rushed over to that location, but it began to rain and there were no cats in sight. We handed someone who lived close by a poster of my cat, but he said it looked like his, and the cat in that picture taken was probably his... She has been missing 8 days now...

I came home to check on my posts about her on Facebook. Yesterday I vented on there about someone who had called our number on the poster just to lecture me about going on their property to put it up. I never disclosed their name, gender, location, or phone number, but they took it upon themselves to reveal their identity in the comments to make themselves out to be the victim and to say I was slandering them. Other comments rolled in and they sided with her, saying I shouldn't have gone on her property and saying how bad I was for slandering her. There are even people who think we purposely harassed her and screamed at her on her property, when all we did was quietly go up to a house in the neighborhood to stick a poster to the door. More people seem to care about this lady more than my missing cat. I'm already going through a lot, and to have locals dogpile me over putting up a poster and venting about that call I got (which again, I kept the caller anonymous), really hurts me. I feel helpless.

The latest bad thing happened when my mom brought up something really hurtful from my past just to spite me after we had an argument on the way home. I was stressed and saddened by the fact that cat probably wasn't my cat and all she was doing was complaining about how my brother and I don't care about her needs. I just want my cat back. That's all I want, and yet like that woman who called, she wants to make the situation about her.

I don't know what to do now. I'm just lost and broken at this point. I don't have the energy to keep looking for my cat and everyone is against me. Everything has just gone to shit...
Kpop stans tend to be dangerously unstable and manipulative from my observations, and none too bright either. You're wise to avoid them.

As for the greater issue, I wish there was something I could say that would help your situation. Kitties are so precious :(

T

TemetNosce88

To start off, I was scammed by an artist and argued with them on Facebook before they blocked me. It was a Kpop stan. Every Kpop stan I've ever commissioned has scammed me. I really don't know why, but I decided to commission another one this time even though I was worried it would happen for a third time. It did. I don't feel distain for Kpop fans in general, but I can't bring myself to commission another one in the future.

I got a tip in a local Facebook group about a picture taken of a cat that looked like mine on someone's porch. I rushed over to that location, but it began to rain and there were no cats in sight. We handed someone who lived close by a poster of my cat, but he said it looked like his, and the cat in that picture taken was probably his... She has been missing 8 days now...

I came home to check on my posts about her on Facebook. Yesterday I vented on there about someone who had called our number on the poster just to lecture me about going on their property to put it up. I never disclosed their name, gender, location, or phone number, but they took it upon themselves to reveal their identity in the comments to make themselves out to be the victim and to say I was slandering them. Other comments rolled in and they sided with her, saying I shouldn't have gone on her property and saying how bad I was for slandering her. There are even people who think we purposely harassed her and screamed at her on her property, when all we did was quietly go up to a house in the neighborhood to stick a poster to the door. More people seem to care about this lady more than my missing cat. I'm already going through a lot, and to have locals dogpile me over putting up a poster and venting about that call I got (which again, I kept the caller anonymous), really hurts me. I feel helpless.

The latest bad thing happened when my mom brought up something really hurtful from my past just to spite me after we had an argument on the way home. I was stressed and saddened by the fact that cat probably wasn't my cat and all she was doing was complaining about how my brother and I don't care about her needs. I just want my cat back. That's all I want, and yet like that woman who called, she wants to make the situation about her.

I don't know what to do now. I'm just lost and broken at this point. I don't have the energy to keep looking for my cat and everyone is against me. Everything has just gone to shit...
I think that most people who do crap like that really don't do it because of the person they're being shitty to, they're doing it because they aren't capable of responding constructively to their own issues and problems. I'll bet that the lady who harassed you over the poster isn't mad at you so much as deeply upset about other things in her life and just took it out on the first convenient scapegoat.

I know that doesn't make anything better, but sometimes I can find some comfort in knowing that things are just happenstance, not personal. And I wish it didn't happen that sometimes bad things just get piled on to people who don't deserve them.

Please take care of yourself, however you can. I hope things turn around for you soon.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned

Man, that sucks big time. This is one reason why I NEVER work with anyone who has dollar signs in their eyes on Deviantart, people will scam you in a heartbeat. I don't trust Facebook as well, but that really isn't right.

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Had a dream I went to my first-ever convention and the place had an active shooter five minutes later.
I know it's a dream, but my body is still pushing out the adrenaline.

Only been awake for 3 hours and I'm ready for bed again. Ugh...

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Had a dream I went to my first-ever convention and the place had an active shooter five minutes later.
I know it's a dream, but my body is still pushing out the adrenaline.

Only been awake for 3 hours and I'm ready for bed again. Ugh...
*Hugs you tightly.*

It's okay. I've had a few dreams like then when I was a kid.

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
I wish my friends and family would stop bothering me with the same boring old topics I don't care about. (Nobody who might read this).

Sure I'll humour them because it's obviously important to them, but come on man have I literally ever brought up the topic of your investments even once? I don't need a daily update on Bitcoins. (He was literally spamming my Discord about Bitcoin as I typed this)

No dad, I had no idea you felt this way about [political subject] or how it's all the [political party]'s fault. Please tell me again, it's always an interesting subject and I'm always so eager to hear your thoughts about it that I ask you every time I talk to you. /s

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 111470

I have been plagued by nightmares for the past two weeks or so. Almost every night I dream of powerful earthquakes, shaking the foundation of the world upon which we stand. Just like in reality, there is nowhere to hide, nowhere to run - I am completely powerless and at the mercy of the earth beneath my feet.

Last night, in my dream, after I ran out of my apartment when the ground started to shake, a man shot me in the left collarbone with a black bullet. I fell on my back and the bullet buried in my skin turned to a black 5-pointed star and a black spider crawled out of it and injected its venom into my carotid artery. As I was laying and dying, an emaciated figure leaned over me, and with long, black fingers, it tapped on my forehead 3 times with its claw and I woke up.

I just want to sleep normally, damn it.

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
I have been plagued by nightmares for the past two weeks or so. Almost every night I dream of powerful earthquakes, shaking the foundation of the world upon which we stand. Just like in reality, there is nowhere to hide, nowhere to run - I am completely powerless and at the mercy of the earth beneath my feet.

Last night, in my dream, after I ran out of my apartment when the ground started to shake, a man shot me in the left collarbone with a black bullet. I fell on my back and the bullet buried in my skin turned to a black 5-pointed star and a black spider crawled out of it and injected its venom into my carotid artery. As I was laying and dying, an emaciated figure leaned over me, and with long, black fingers, it tapped on my forehead 3 times with its claw and I woke up.

That sounds excruciatingly vivid, god damn

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child

I've never had an earthquake dream (probably because I haven't experienced it) but I definitely get the reoccurring dreams of helplessness. I think this is associated with my constant desire for change but not really having a way to achieve it. It seems damn well impossible when the world seems to be constantly working against you.

It's rare I have dreams where I'm being bitten or poisoned, but it's always by snakes. I have never had such a thing happen, but the cliche is that it could be about toxic people you have in your life. Maybe you have something that seems like a little problem (bug) but could develop into something so destructive it could ruin you.

The tapping three times is something I have experienced during sleep paralysis. That one I can't figure out. All the searches I'm getting involve actual faucets and not the physical connection, but perhaps it has something to do with knocking, which would be your body's way of telling you 'it's time to wake up and set things in motion'.

*clicks pen and puts on some fake glasses to compare notes*

T

the sleepiest kitty

One of my mental heath workers thinks I'm something called an "empath" but I don't have the heart to tell her that I don't believe in that stuff and that I don't think either of us are one.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I just learned yesterday that one of my older teachers passed away. I understand this is just a part of life, and all of us eventually die, but it doesn't make it any easier when it comes. He was such a wonderful guy, a bit crazy at times, but that was just part of his charm. I dont know what else to say ya know? I didn't really believe he just.. "left".
On Tuesday (The last day I saw him) He felt so ill that he couldn't actually talk, so the other teacher taught the class (It's team taught so there are two of the.)

I told him to have a good day, and that I hoped he would feel better. Then 2 days later he passed.

I think the big thing that is making this more difficult is my current mental state. In my entire life I've never once looked to religion. I always loved science and math and how anything logical in the universe can be explained with it, religion never made any sense to me. It didn't feel bad that one day I just wouldn't exist. But I've been having a lot of conversations with a Christian guy about this specific subject (I still believe science is the to go though.) But it's just all so strange.

I hope he passed on peacefully and there was no pain. He was such a lovely man.

Last edited:

timetodie

Youtube terminated my channel for no reason this morning and I lost all my liked vids subscriptions lists... Just so annoying to put up with their BS on what should be straightforward cut and clean. Still waiting for appeal... which will most likely be denied because they have striked me before for hazy reasons and denied all of my appeals. Next they're gonna flat out delete my gmail bastards. Then i'm fucked
-
hehe they reinstated my channel, and I am not thankful at all my karen rage is insatiable

Last edited:

Borophagus Metropolis

The last prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
I just learned yesterday that one of my older teachers passed away. I understand this is just a part of life, and all of us eventually die, but it doesn't make it any easier when it comes. He was such a wonderful guy, a bit crazy at times, but that was just part of his charm. I dont know what else to say ya know? I didn't really believe he just.. "left".
On Tuesday (The last day I saw him) He felt so ill that he couldn't actually talk, so the other teacher taught the class (It's team taught so there are two of the.)

I told him to have a good day, and that I hoped he would feel better. Then 2 days later he passed.

I think the big thing that is making this more difficult is my current mental state. In my entire life I've never once looked to religion. I always loved science and math and how anything logical in the universe can be explained with it, religion never made any sense to me. It didn't feel bad that one day I just wouldn't exist. But I've been having a lot of conversations with a Christian guy about this specific subject (I still believe science is the to go though.) But it's just all so strange.

I hope he passed on peacefully and there was no pain. He was such a lovely man.

Religious/churchy things can be good for dealing with tough times, even if you don't believe in the magic. When your head is spinning, it can help point you in a good direction.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
All the stress from the last year of coronapocalypse is turning my hair a lovely grey. :}
Looks good!

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
"You sure you want to throw this out? It's a good shirt."

"You sure these don't fit?"

"This is a really nice shirt..."

Lady, I've already got 15 shirts and 5-6 pairs of pants I can wear when I need to go above casual, and that's after cutting out 75% of the clothes in the wardrobe. I don't need shirts from 10+ years ago, the shoulders alone are impossible for me to fit in anymore. LET. ME. THROW. THINGS. OUT. FOR. ONCE.

(And half the shirts in my dresser drawer too. There is really NO point to me trying to keep any shirt that isn't a big and tall size, they aren't long enough.)