• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Did the mouse settings get inverted somehow?
Not quite. What'll happen is that it'll scroll properly for a while but then suddenly hiccup and go in the wrong direction. It's more of a stutter than a true inversion.

That's what makes me think it's the physical parts that are screwed up somehow.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Just had to check my e-mail one last time before bed...
to find a notice saying I owe the government over 1k.

Why?
I don't know.
I didn't even make a living wage that year, I didn't break 20k and they're asking me for money back on a mistake they made?
You originally reported that you made 18,000 ish and after receiving documents, we've corrected it to be 18,800 ish. Because of this, we had to adjust x, y and z, and we somehow concluded that you owe us more than what was adjusted.

I didn't even get that much back on my tax returns!!!

I hate that I'm gonna have to waste my own free time to call about this on my next day off.
I hate that I'm probably gonna have to pay them back money I never even saw.

The biggest thing confusing me? I haven't worked for that company since early 2019 and I filed my taxes.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Took some melatonin to help me sleep. Got 4 solid hours of uninterrupted nightmare.

From 7-11 I couldn't even relax enough to pass out again. Just laid there in my own sweat until my alarm went off.

So tired. Why do I bother even trying, man.

ssaannttoo

Took some melatonin to help me sleep. Got 4 solid hours of uninterrupted nightmare.

From 7-11 I couldn't even relax enough to pass out again. Just laid there in my own sweat until my alarm went off.

So tired. Why do I bother even trying, man.
*Hugs you tightly.*

Because the best any of us can do is try. Just keep going at it and it will get better. if it doesn't at least you can look in the mirror and tell yourself you did your best.

ManicTherapsid

In Stereo. Where Available.
Just had to check my e-mail one last time before bed...
to find a notice saying I owe the government over 1k.

Why?
I don't know.
I didn't even make a living wage that year, I didn't break 20k and they're asking me for money back on a mistake they made?
You originally reported that you made 18,000 ish and after receiving documents, we've corrected it to be 18,800 ish. Because of this, we had to adjust x, y and z, and we somehow concluded that you owe us more than what was adjusted.

I didn't even get that much back on my tax returns!!!

I hate that I'm gonna have to waste my own free time to call about this on my next day off.
I hate that I'm probably gonna have to pay them back money I never even saw.

The biggest thing confusing me? I haven't worked for that company since early 2019 and I filed my taxes.

Probably a scam. The IRS usually doesn't send emails.