• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Wrapping up a shift where co-workers wanted to make excuses as to why they cant help clean again. I cleaned 90% of the store by myself, whereas the other two people spent an entire hour to sweep and mop one small room. They still havent finished the other remaining half.

Last edited:

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Don't let life get you down. I know it can be tough sometimes to let go of the things that we've done in the past, but we can always do our best to better ourselves for the future. I for one don't judge ANYBODY for their past. Doesn't really matter what it is, as long as they've learned from their past. We shouldn't let what it was continue to tear us apart. It's so easy for ourselves to rip us to shreds, we are our own harshest critics! That internal voice inside of us that tells us we're terrible people is so easy to hear. Especially when it comes to things that we're ashamed of, things that others would consider deplorable, but no one is beyond forgiveness. As I said, at least in my own opinion, if that person is learned from their past and works to better themselves and their community and environment around them, nothing is beyond forgiveness of self. Regardless of what you done in the past, you're still a person and one worthy of being accepted, cared about and to be friends with. I have some pretty bad karma in my life to make up for, and when this covid thing is over I plan on doing a lot of volunteering at animal sanctuaries and shelters. I think doing good works in the world helps balance the negative things you've done in it. But don't EVER think that you're not worth talking to or that your past is so terrible that no one would ever accept you. There are people in this world that WILL, and many of them are on this forum. We are a community, first and foremost, with a people whose acceptance and opinions are a lot more wildly out there and accepting than others. So you're on a good place to find friends and acceptance. Just stick out your paw and SOMEONE will be out there to take it and help you up.
Thank you. I didn't want to make it look like I committed some evil acts, because it's not the thing. It's just that I scored a series of fails where everyone expected me to succeed, and on top of that I refused to conform to a controlling, close-minded society. Small things, objectively speaking, but they made me a total "black sheep" in the eyes of said society and my surroundings, which didn't spare me flak and rejection. Now to be sure, I am slowly carving my way forward in spite of all the naysayers, but when the chips are down it all comes back to haunt me.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Dear lord... I was having such a nice, energetic streak. Don't let this be the end of it.

Not sure if the hemmeroid is doing this to me or if it's something else. Trying not to puke. OTL

ShephardWolf

Metal Misanthrope
I hate the term "anti-vaxxer", when I'm not, if people want a vaccine, then go for it, but when people don't feel comfortable taking what's essentially an experimental shot, excuse me for being cautious about long-term and possibly short-term effects that haven't been thoroughly studied when it's literally just starting to be distributed, when "project warp speed" was literally designed to rush out a shot ASAP, understandably, but I just fucking hate it when civilians act like the government and mob people about what they should take, or in this case, get injected, especially with a brand new shot, it's also understandable why some may feel cautious. The USA is a mob country, it's about groupthink and not people analyzing or assessing anything before judging others, they just go along with a collective mindset.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
I hate the term "anti-vaxxer", when I'm not, if people want a vaccine, then go for it, but when people don't feel comfortable taking what's essentially an experimental shot, excuse me for being cautious about long-term and possibly short-term effects that haven't been thoroughly studied when it's literally just starting to be distributed, when "project warp speed" was literally designed to rush out a shot ASAP, understandably, but I just fucking hate it when civilians act like the government and mob people about what they should take, or in this case, get injected, especially with a brand new shot, it's also understandable why some may feel cautious. The USA is a mob country, it's about groupthink and not people analyzing or assessing anything before judging others, they just go along with a collective mindset.

I can sympathize with the fear. It wouldn't be the first time the government has used their own people as test subjects. I grew up in New Brunswick Canada in a town where Agent Orange was used without the peoples' knowledge or consent, and they were JUST compensating the parents for it around 2010, as I was leaving Highschool. A one-time payment of 20,000 for a family that already went through the miscarries or decades of health problems that have cost them more than 20k in suffering. :')

Chances are, depending where you were born of course, you may have already received them from when you were a baby, and therefore have nothing more to worry about. But if you are worried about flu shots, that isn't exactly 'anti-vax'. That's just having an immune system that can fight the common cold. I hate needles so I'mma just tough it out! XD

I only say this because people I've met tend to lump EVERY type of shot into the same category, when in reality, people are just pushing to get things like Measles and other deadly/preventable diseases taken care of.

ShephardWolf

Metal Misanthrope
I can sympathize with the fear. It wouldn't be the first time the government has used their own people as test subjects. I grew up in New Brunswick Canada in a town where Agent Orange was used without the peoples' knowledge or consent, and they were JUST compensating the parents for it around 2010, as I was leaving Highschool. A one-time payment of 20,000 for a family that already went through the miscarries or decades of health problems that have cost them more than 20k in suffering. :')

Chances are, depending where you were born of course, you may have already received them from when you were a baby, and therefore have nothing more to worry about. But if you are worried about flu shots, that isn't exactly 'anti-vax'. That's just having an immune system that can fight the common cold. I hate needles so I'mma just tough it out! XD

I only say this because people I've met tend to lump EVERY type of shot into the same category, when in reality, people are just pushing to get things like Measles and other deadly/preventable diseases taken care of.
I've never actually gotten the flu shot.

Bigjackaal48

The USA is a mob country, it's about groupthink and not people analyzing or assessing anything before judging others, they just go along with a collective mindset.

Americans are annoying to put it lightly. They will jump up an down about ghosts being dumb, But then go pale quick when they see spooky stuff in UK house from the 1500s? or see odd stuff on our roads/forests.

MattsyKun

I totally get it. There's a difference between wanting to know more so you can make an informed decision later, and plugging your ears and spewing misinformation and allowing that misinformation to guide your decision.

I get more annoyed with people like that one anti-vaxx woman on Twitter who said the vaccine caused a woman to deliver a stillborn baby, or just... Spewing shit without sources. Or ones who go "I don't want those toxins in my body, it's not natural!". Those are the whack jobs that need to be shamed, not people like you.

Honestly, thanks for wanting to be informed.

zandelux

Americans are annoying to put it lightly. They will jump up an down about ghosts being dumb, But then go pale quick when they see spooky stuff in UK house from the 1500s? or see odd stuff on our roads/forests.
Imagine actually being annoyed by this. "Those people are surprised by something they don't see every day! What a bunch of fools!"

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

sleepy kitty

yeeter yeeter, pumpkin eater
I wish I could just stop being awkward cold turkey.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
This is past, but the tornado that touched down in Georgia was 10 minutes from my house. I heard the sirens and there were firetrucks going down the road all night. It just missed us in a last minute turn and hit Newnan.

fernshiine

I wish people would understand that anxiety is an illness with long-term consequences and can even affect people physically. The stigma I get is unbearable and I feel alone and I want to cry a whole river sometimes. I know so many people suffer from it and so I shouldn't be feeling alone in this, but the people closest to me in my household assume it'll "just go away" and expect it to pass soon. I've had it since I was a child. The stigma is making it worse and worse and I feel like sinking to my knees and letting the world swallow me whole sometimes. My partner can't move here unless we move so it's up to me to get us out of this mess, which doesn't help, and he is the only one who understands. I feel like I've been physically sick more so than usual lately from it and I don't know what to do.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
I wish people would understand that anxiety is an illness with long-term consequences and can even affect people physically. The stigma I get is unbearable and I feel alone and I want to cry a whole river sometimes. I know so many people suffer from it and so I shouldn't be feeling alone in this, but the people closest to me in my household assume it'll "just go away" and expect it to pass soon. I've had it since I was a child. The stigma is making it worse and worse and I feel like sinking to my knees and letting the world swallow me whole sometimes. My partner can't move here unless we move so it's up to me to get us out of this mess, which doesn't help, and he is the only one who understands. I feel like I've been physically sick more so than usual lately from it and I don't know what to do.
Can confirm that anxiety's one of those things that can cause serious physical effects, even if I'm only aware of constant fatigue being one of them.

Unfortunately, I may not be as effective of a shoulder in situations like this because I tend to go into "solutions mode".... which not only is not as sympathetic as people want or need when anxiety strikes, but the fact that I don't know if you have access to viable therapists and anxiety itself has a tendency to disincline people from seeking therapy on its own leaves me with the "socially accepted" self-treatment methods like exercise, meditation, and diet. I KNOW from personal experience that anxiety seriously screws with attempts at meditation and exercise at the minimum.

Pretty much the only thing I can suggest to you is to ask your partner if he can identify any therapists in your area.

fernshiine

Can confirm that anxiety's one of those things that can cause serious physical effects, even if I'm only aware of constant fatigue being one of them.

Unfortunately, I may not be as effective of a shoulder in situations like this because I tend to go into "solutions mode".... which not only is not as sympathetic as people want or need when anxiety strikes, but the fact that I don't know if you have access to viable therapists and anxiety itself has a tendency to disincline people from seeking therapy on its own leaves me with the "socially accepted" self-treatment methods like exercise, meditation, and diet. I KNOW from personal experience that anxiety seriously screws with attempts at meditation and exercise at the minimum.

Pretty much the only thing I can suggest to you is to ask your partner if he can identify any therapists in your area.

Ohh I have fatigue from it. One of the most annoying frickin side effects ever.

I get a lot of exercise but where I live in Western Canada the weather gets brutally crazy at times, like right now it 's cold after being sunny all last week.

I do have therapists in my area and my caseworker referred me to one (albeit, the government itself is sometimes albeist with its wording which is something that's a big ouch) but I believe the wait time can be months. I'm waiting patiently for a response to see if I'm accepted for the therapy though!

Also, yeah, anxiety affects mediation a lot. I can't simply lie there and not think and usually "happy thoughts" lead me to spiraling down a rabbit hole of worrying about random things anyway. Heck, reading used to be my favorite past time but I haven't read much in months.