• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

L.Rey

Lucas, the wanderer
Both of my parents had to be taken to the hospital today for COVID related complications. My mom has pneumonia in both of her lungs and I haven't heard anything about how my dad's doing yet. I'm fucking terrified.

They're in good hands now, and they'll be taken care of as best as possible. Keep yourself around or in contact with other loved ones if you can. Heck, you have us too. I wish the best for your parents, do what you must to bare through this. You are not alone, and you don't have to face this alone.

Mineph

They're in good hands now, and they'll be taken care of as best as possible. Keep yourself around or in contact with other loved ones if you can. Heck, you have us too. I wish the best for your parents, do what you must to bare through this. You are not alone, and you don't have to face this alone.
Thank you. Admittedly I was catastrophizing when I made my previous post because I don't really have a lot of family left and... y'know. As stupid as it sounds I never thought something like this could happen to us until it did actually happen, haha...
Since then though my dad was released, so there's that at least!

L.Rey

Lucas, the wanderer
Thank you. Admittedly I was catastrophizing when I made my previous post because I don't really have a lot of family left and... y'know. As stupid as it sounds I never thought something like this could happen to us until it did actually happen, haha...
Since then though my dad was released, so there's that at least!

It's a common assumption, as we're all just trying to get through our day to day as usual. Sorry you had learn the hard way. At least your father is out, I'll keep wishing the best for you and your parents. Please take care, don't forget you have us too. ^^

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Urgh! I'm trying to remember this one book from my elementary school days and trying to pin the right search terms to ID the book is a nightmare!

Here's what I know of the book:
-It was a relatively small paperback book.
-There's a variety of math problems in it.
-The problems mostly or all relate to school activities in some fashion.
-One of the scenarios was about school lunches and a quality/quantity comparison - if I'm remembering it right, the lunch ladies could make somewhere between "100 meals that all 4500 students in the school wanted" or "4500 lunches that could send half the students that ate them home with food poisoning, that only 100 would still eat", and the breakpoint was "1500 bland lunches that 1500 students would eat". I forget the rest of the problems related to that scenario.

Yet every search term I've tried only comes up with actual school math textbooks, which the book I'm trying to find is NOT.

P.S. I'm pretty sure the book is NOT "Math Curse".

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I'm so tired of people "borrowing" things at work. They're not personal belongings, but they are supplies I've gotten together so that I can do my job for that day. People take them and wander off to use them for their own task instead of actually going and getting their own supplies. Just today, this guy walked over and took something I'd set down.
Why?
Go get your own damn stuff.

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
I'm so tired of people "borrowing" things at work. They're not personal belongings, but they are supplies I've gotten together so that I can do my job for that day. People take them and wander off to use them for their own task instead of actually going and getting their own supplies. Just today, this guy walked over and took something I'd set down.
Why?
Take it you've told them not to touch your shit?

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Why?

It's weird how it feels like common sense to not take something that isn't yours...
Only to see literally EVERY coworker do the exact opposite on almost every shift.
I'm legitimately wondering if they all just have pen-collecting addictions because there's no way you can keep misplacing 50 pens without noticing a pile of them after some time.

D

Deleted member 134556

Why, oh why is it that every time I go shopping, I get in line behind that person who has never used a credit or debit card before and the chasier has to show them how to use it. It seems to happen every time.
I come up with nicknames for all the types of people I get stuck behind that take too long, one example being "Exact Change Edna" who is always some sweet old lady who just insists on having a conversation while she slowly digs through her purse to find the right coins.

aomagrat

I come up with nicknames for all the types of people I get stuck behind that take too long, one example being "Exact Change Edna" who is always some sweet old lady who just insists on having a conversation while she slowly digs through her purse to find the right coins.
I went to Walmart for one item. Got to the express checkout and had three people in front of me. The first person waited until her order had been completely rang up before digging through her purse for her checkbook, then dug through her purse for a pen, then took forever to write the check. The second person was one of those who had trouble swiping his card and took almost as long as the check writer. The third person had one item and a 10 dollar bill in her hand. This shouldn't take long I thought. Boy was I wrong. "Oh, I have the correct change!" She said happily as she put the 10 dollar bill back in her purse and proceeded to count out the correct change penny by freaking penny. I was in line for half an hour in the freaking express lane while people with full carts breezed through the regular lanes.

D

Deleted member 134556

I went to Walmart for one item. Got to the express checkout and had three people in front of me. The first person waited until her order had been completely rang up before digging through her purse for her checkbook, then dug through her purse for a pen, then took forever to write the check. The second person was one of those who had trouble swiping his card and took almost as long as the check writer. The third person had one item and a 10 dollar bill in her hand. This shouldn't take long I thought. Boy was I wrong. "Oh, I have the correct change!" She said happily as she put the 10 dollar bill back in her purse and proceeded to count out the correct change penny by freaking penny. I was in line for half an hour in the freaking express lane while people with full carts breezed through the regular lanes.
Imagine this, but you are working in the drive through window as the cashier at a local fast food place, and any vehicle that sits at the window longer than 40 seconds is bad for the food chains image, and if happened enough times, gets you fired. I wouldn't say I was joking if I told you I met every type of human being there is in the world that gave me money through that window, and that I very much despised most of them. I'd encounter people who kept their wallets in their backseats and they took forever to get it, and that occasional lady who leaves her purse in the trunk so I have to watch her get out of her car and grab it, then of course there's always the man who's card doesn't work when you swipe it, and only informs you.....after 10 times of swiping it, that it's broken and you need to punch in the numbers manually. We also have these scammers, quick change artists they call them, who try to get more money in change than their owed using a series of interactions, exchanges, and lies to trick you. Last but not least, you have those who pay for a $5 meal with a hundred dollar bill, which, can be so much that I have to find the manager and inform him because we aren't allowed to keep 100's in the working registers.

Last edited by a moderator:

aomagrat

Imagine this, but you are working in the drive through window as the cashier at a local fast food place, and any vehicle that sits at the window longer than 40 seconds is bad for the food chains image, and if happened enough times, gets you fired. I wouldn't say I was joking if I told you I met every type of human being there is in the world that gave me money through that window, and that I very much despised most of them. I'd encounter people who kept their wallets in their backseats and they took forever to get it, and that occasional lady who leaves her purse in the trunk so I have to watch her get out of her car and grab it, then of course there's always the man who's card doesn't work when you swipe it, and only informs you.....after 10 times of swiping it, that it's broken and you need to punch in the numbers manually. We also have these scammers, quick change artists they call them, who try to get more money in change than their owed using a series of interactions, exchanges, and lies to trick you. Last but not least, you have those who pay for a $5 meal with a hundred dollar bill, which, can be so much that I have to find the manager and inform him because we aren't allowed to keep 100's in the working registers.
You have my sympathy. I was lucky that I worked fast food in the 1970's before drive throughs and plastic cards. Back then it was cash only and everyone had to come in to order, a simple menu of 4 sandwiches, 2 sizes of fries, and 3 flavors and 2 sizes of drinks. And no kiddie meals. The most expensive thing on the menu was 65 cents. It was a simpler time that sometimes I long for.

zandelux

Out on an evening walk today, I witnessed a group of adults standing on the edge of a parking lot of a restaurant. Two kids were... fighting, maybe? Play-fighting? Hard to tell, and they were about 5 years old, so it's doubtful they could do much damage even if they were fighting for real. They seemed to be laughing and having a good time anyway. But it's not the behavior of the kids I took issue with, it was the behavior of the adults.

The adults were being raucous, laughing and cheering the kids on. Like a bunch of hooligans watching a cock fight.

How do you have so little respect for yourself and your kids that you let them carry on like that anywhere, let alone in public? And to encourage it? The whole thing was fucking surreal.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
So I just found out that my brother's electrician/plumber friend, the one that was helping us remodel a bathroom, died in a car crash last night. Story I got was that there was no skidding, no prior drinking, and apparently dead on impact.

Troubling in multiple ways, including the insensitive ones. I never did have the capacity to deal with blindside tragedies.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
So I just found out that my brother's electrician/plumber friend, the one that was helping us remodel a bathroom, died in a car crash last night. Story I got was that there was no skidding, no prior drinking, and apparently dead on impact.

Troubling in multiple ways, including the insensitive ones. I never did have the capacity to deal with blindside tragedies.
Im very sorry about that. It sound similar to the way my teacher died this year. Just passed away one day and we dont know why. Its always a strange feeling that's hard to place. But its okay to have these feelings and express them. If ya ever wanna just let it out, lemme know :3

sleepy kitty

frisky feline
I feel like the only person in the world who franticly takes forever to put my cash, change and/or card back into my wallet while other customers wait in impatient annoyance.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
I feel like the only person in the world who franticly takes forever to put my cash, change and/or card back into my wallet while other customers wait in impatient annoyance.
Never feel rushed. Cashier's are stuck there all day regardless, and shouldn't care how long you take (unless you're a last minute shopper).

Customers are almost always in a foul mood. Most can't even make the exception for a trembling 90yr old woman to gather her things.

I wouldn't worry about upsetting scummy people.

sleepy kitty

frisky feline
Never feel rushed. Cashier's are stuck there all day regardless, and shouldn't care how long you take (unless you're a last minute shopper).

Customers are almost always in a foul mood. Most can't even make the exception for a trembling 90yr old woman to gather her things.

I wouldn't worry about upsetting scummy people.
You're right. If they get mad at a 90 year old woman, they don't matter. That's just an evil thing to do to an elderly lady.

ShephardWolf

Metal Misanthrope
Dreaming about people who depreciated me passing away in the dream but not irl, and mourning their loss in the dream, like I was still part of their circle of friends. Really makes me feel like I could've still been relatively close, and like family, had things not turned out the way they did between me and them, and that realization upon waking, like my intentions and compassion toward them, and value to them is meaningless.

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Okay, I really need to get something off my chest.

Writers are criminally, criminally underrated in online art communities. Words are powerful and can invoke just as much, if not even more emotion than visual artworks. It also takes years to get good at storytelling.

To tell you the truth, I feel as if many people just don’t take the craft seriously. I even made a thread here to help support fellow writers, and it’s gotten little to no attention whatsoever.

I have read many fantastic works of furry fiction that have had a profound impact on me. Yet, no matter how amazing these are, they remain underappreciated.

I feel that we really need to raise more awareness of this. If we as a fandom do it together, we can make a change :)

sleepy kitty

frisky feline
Saw this girl who used to go to school with me. She and her friend used to make gagging noises at me for reasons I don't understand (I do know they were bullying me, but idk what the point of the gagging was. I didn't smell, wore clean clothes and had good hygeine. I'm also not ugly either. I've had strangers compliment my looks). She and her friend were pretty much just mean girls.

Just saw her today across the street while I was waiting for my groceries to be delivered. She had ratty, greasy hair and dirty clothes on. Her makeup wasn't done very well (wasn't ever done well at school either). I think her face was rough and had acne too. She looked like a total mess. In highschool, she tried to make me think I was nasty and ugly? Well look at you now. And look at me. I take pride in my looks and hygene, drug free and not even a drunk. Yet there you are, looking like that when years ago you liked to make me feel like shit and feel ugly.

Karma is a bitch.

TheCynicalViet

You know what I hate most about artists who use social media nowadays? It's how many cowards there are. Background: I was initially invited for an art collaboration and worked on my part of the collab only to meet extended late replies and roundabout answers from the person running. Anyways, come to find that my part of the collab was never included and the person running still has not replied to me concerning this. So like...why don't you just say that my art was too shit to include, huh? Why don't you just say that you changed your mind and didn't want me to be involved? That pisses me off so much more when you just decide not to face me. Just tell me. Why do you have to be such a fucking pussy about it? Especially when after you made me waste my time and energy for, functionally, nothing. Fuck it, I'm blocking this person and everyone involved after posting this.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
You know what I hate most about artists who use social media nowadays? It's how many cowards there are. Background: I was initially invited for an art collaboration and worked on my part of the collab only to meet extended late replies and roundabout answers from the person running. Anyways, come to find that my part of the collab was never included and the person running still has not replied to me concerning this. So like...why don't you just say that my art was too shit to include, huh? Why don't you just say that you changed your mind and didn't want me to be involved? That pisses me off so much more when you just decide not to face me. Just tell me. Why do you have to be such a fucking pussy about it? Especially when after you made me waste my time and energy for, functionally, nothing. Fuck it, I'm blocking this person and everyone involved after posting this.
Wouldn't it have made more sense to say no to you at the beginning of they didn't like your style? Wtf.