• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
What are you even talking about?
You blocked the other person involved. You didn't want to hear it.

I was trying to follow up on a claim they made and an old story I heard in the news... a year ago? Two years? I forget.

Given your previous statements, I'm under the assumption you didn't want to know the rest.

My history with people saying "I don't want to hear the political BS" is that they imply EVERYTHING about the incident is political, pal.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
......but all I was trying to do was follow up on old information. If I don't follow the old incidents to their conclusion they just build up until I melt down.

Speaking of following up: Lucy, there was one question up there I was asking about the "no marked advantage" bit that might've gotten buried.
oh sorry. yeah I would guess you are talking about Hubbard maybe? if so you can look at her records and she had actually built her way to winning gold medals after having already been out and medically transitioning.

If it is about Gregory that is a bit different as she hadnt gone through the same measures as Hubbard like the amount of time with medically transitioning that most competitions require before competing and such.

These are two different scenarios though and each is in itself anecdotal, but the truth lies in the science of everything tbh. There are individuals out there much smarter than myself as they are professionals in medical and biological sciences and have done the studies themselves.

Firuthi Dragovic

I blocked them because they were getting into the whole trans, non-binary thing and quite frankly I don't want to talk about that when I'm talking about women and men's sports. I reserve the right to not want to get shit political and keep it biological and about sports.
Understood.

Thanks to a response from the person in question, I got the info I needed on the subject. I'll step aside from this one.

Mineph

My opinion isn't that women cannot have their own sports teams or play in casual sports teams with men. My issue is that with certain very competitive sports, where might and muscle mass, and size do indeed matter. Women would more than likely get injured in sports where physical confrontation is mandatory and you playoff against conditioned men who play competitively. As in, putting a woman to be tackled by men if they have a football or being in a wrestling tournament.
While it's true that men tend to have more muscle mass than women (whereas women tend have more body fat than men), more muscle mass does not inherently equate to more strength. It increases the potential but it isn't the sole determinant, you know?

I'm not trying to do a bunch of mental gymnastics or trying to be obtuse when I say I don't understand what the issue is in regards to injuries being sustained during play. I'm not sure how to properly articulate what I mean but I'd like to try. I have a lot of different thoughts and I'm not sure how to put them together so sorry if it's jumbled. (I'm also viewing this as someone who has a better understanding of medical/physiological stuff rather than sports stuff, so take that as you will.)

It's not as if male athletes just don't get injured based on any biological difference. Like, a concussion is a concussion. It can happen during a game of football or by just losing your balance and falling over. Why would it be any different if a woman athlete got a concussion playing football, the sport with one of if not THE highest rate of concussions and traumatic brain injuries? That's just the nature of the game. On a biological level, there isn't really a difference between a concussion/TBI gained from playing football and a concussion/TBI gained from falling and hitting your head on the pavement just right. A concussion is a concussion is a concussion.
Would it be fair to say, then, that it's more of a societal/cultural issue based on the schema that females are more frail than males because of minute biological differences (i.e. an average difference in height and muscle mass)?

Another thing I'd like to mention is that even though there are size differences between males and females; being larger doesn't mean you're stronger. A lot of self-defense techniques that get taught to women are borrowed MMA techniques that utilize leverage over pure physical strength (like some Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai techniques). So a difference in size and 'might' isn't necessarily an automatic loss. I'd like to think it's more nuanced than a game of rock-paper-scissors, if you get what I mean.

(this is really long sorry lmaoo)

FoxWithAName

I swear to god every time I go to my floor's shared bathroom the toilet looks even worse.

I live with fucking animals

(he says, likely the only furry on said floor)
I feel that, my old roommates were not the cleanliest persons, me neither, but I like it when everything is tidy. It was so dreading to see the toilet or the kitchen destroyed after someone (most likely me) cleaned the apartment. I found myself in a spiral of not caring for the apartment and trying to keep my place clean, which resulted in me doing as little as possible which was not helping either... So to say after I moved into my own apartment things changed, now everything is spot clean and I really care about these things.

Disclaimer: I do not hate my roommate, we had our differences, but in the end we had a good time together.

sleepy kitty

Purrfect hair forever! :)
I had a sociopath on here try to pressure me into a relationship, even though I said no a million times. After I finally stood up to him, he made an indirect status that said "I guess cats don't deserve love." (Because my old sona was also a cat) Excuse me? People who love each other do NOT say shit like that if they TRUELY love them. They do not shame them for saying no and will most certainly not be mean to that person either and basically call them "stupid" indirectly via DMs for not being what they expected them to be and being dissapointed by that very fact. A person who truely loves someone will love them for everything they are. They will accept every one of their faults.

I'm sorry, but this person was also pretending to be someone he wasn't. He put on a fake personality when he would talk to me, which I immediately sensed when he DMed me. And then he started being mean after I kept saying no to his advances. So I blocked him. After a while, I unblocked him, and I saw that he yiffed with a friend of mine. Yeah, that is not love. Then he messaged me, shaming me and trying to make me feel guilty for "ghosting" him. I didn't ever feel guilty throughout this whole situation because I used to be engaged to a sociopath. I'm not trying to target people with Antisocial Personality Disorder, so if you have it and are reading this... sorry. I don't hate them at all. One of my good irl friends is one, and so is a family member (who never once abused me). I'm merely talking about one I met who was an asshole.

Last edited:

Saokymo

Art Cookie
Funny because nothing about the existence and reality of non binary individuals is political. Also funny because like I didnt really speak much on politics in the post you are talking about as I focused on the biological facts of the matter, but idk guess the facts were too scary?

There’s only two genders - cis and political!!!

It gets really tiring being used as a political football/wedge all the damn time. I shouldn’t have to justify my existence or identity to anyone. Don’t like it? Go find another corner and leave me & my transgender/nonbinary friends alone.

Lucyfur

Banned
There’s only two genders - cis and political!!!

It gets really tiring being used as a political football/wedge all the damn time. I shouldn’t have to justify my existence or identity to anyone. Don’t like it? Go find another corner and leave me & my transgender/nonbinary friends alone.
That is the thing our identities and such aren’t political by themselves. The only reason they are considered such by others is because of those who want to use political powers against us instead of just letting us live and granting us the same and equal rights of everyone else.

Lucyfur

Banned
Take it to PMs. This stopped being the vent thread and has resumed being the same people arguing with each other again thread.
allow me to weigh in on your venting here and you proposed solution.
allow me to then argue against your issue from a very misinformed position.

Now tell me will you argue against that misinformed position publicly to dispell said misinformation, or take it to PMs as you so eloquently put it?
As the arguing is still linked to the original venting you made as well it could still be considered part of that venting as well tbh since it is linked by that original idea.

Now to further push everything into place would you by chance have any more or less invested into that vent and misinformation and a lacking of any semblance of empathy goo for the issue being vented about if it was about a community and demographic you are part of or because you have some connection to and the issue was as originally framed about a large issue of the powers that be continually and aggressively pushing legislation that alienates, discriminates, denies care to, and will ultimately lead to more deaths and the goal of erasure of that community and demographic?

To simply say it is arguing and frame it as if it is for the sake of just that is in all honesty not doing what is being talked about justice.

Lucyfur

Banned
You've changed 0 minds, Lucy. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. You and the other parties are just wasting time and energy. Report them if they're saying reprehensible things, instead of participating.
Idk seems someone reported something since you are here now in the thread, why not read the recent postings in this thread and come to your own conclusions as an administrator?

You don't know if I changed any minds either tbh. Like I won't be quite towards individuals who openly reply about issues especially those involving myself and those like myself with misinformation about those issues.
Perhaps you can stay quite on issues, but that isn't me, obviously.

Like would you want people to not give rebuttal of the facts on other issues if users where spreading misinformation like if it was about a pandemic as that is dangerous to others who may fall prey and believe the misinformation?
Similar concept here about those trying to argue from misinformed positions that attempt to justify such legislation as mentioned in the original venting post I had made here.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Had a dream where I had a home filled with off-colored versions of my past pets.

I want to start up an aquarium again but the water here would be too terrible even if I did. :(

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Had a dream where I had a home filled with off-colored versions of my past pets.

I want to start up an aquarium again but the water here would be too terrible even if I did. :(
When I was younger I had two frogs. one of them died and I was really sad. Had nightmares for weeks. but the second one died a few years later. That wasn't fun either.

*Hugs*

now Im sad ;w;

Saokymo

Art Cookie

Was it at least a good dream?

And aquariums are awesome. What’s wrong with the water? There’s all sorts of treatments you can use to get it balanced out for aquariums, even if it takes time, money & effort.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
When I was younger I had two frogs. one of them died and I was really sad. Had nightmares for weeks. but the second one died a few years later. That wasn't fun either.

*Hugs*

now Im sad ;w;

The water where I used to live, apparently got bad or something. My two Bettas and ghost shrimp did within two weeks. Not sure about the shrimp, but the Bettas were probably at the end of their lifespan. But all at once? ;w;

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
The water where I used to live, apparently got bad or something. My two Bettas and ghost shrimp did within two weeks. Not sure about the shrimp, but the Bettas were probably at the end of their lifespan. But all at once? ;w;
Thats not good at all!

*Hugs*

Those are generally a more .. care intensive fish but there are others that should be fine. but shrimp? aren't those supposed to be like.. really hard to kill?

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Was it at least a good dream?

And aquariums are awesome. What’s wrong with the water? There’s all sorts of treatments you can use to get it balanced out for aquariums, even if it takes time, money & effort.

While I was in it, yes. Very therapeutic. XD

You straight up can't drink tap water here. Its all salt and I don't want to pay 50+ for gallons of water. Plus... Now that I think of it, I don't think there is a place to buy fishies here.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
There's nothin "Olympian" about NFL, WWF or WWE.
Well, I mean, professional wrestling is garbage to start with and doesn't even deserve to be considered a "sport." So, there's that.

When it comes to contact sports like football, yeah, men tend to have the advantage because of the bulk. You aren't going to find many women who weigh 300lbs who are actually athletic enough to pad up and play a game. Then again, MOST 300lb guys can't do that, either.

Not that I'm particularly a NASCAR fan, but remember all the stink when a woman became a professional driver? All the men whining and moaning that it was "unfair" because she's lighter.

Not everything about being a woman is a disadvantage in competition/athletics.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Thats not good at all!

*Hugs*

Those are generally a more .. care intensive fish but there are others that should be fine. but shrimp? aren't those supposed to be like.. really hard to kill?
I don't know! I just know their lifespan shouldn't have been so short which is why I think it has to do with the water when I changed it. Either that or there was something wrong with the shrimp and they gave it to the fish. :(

Firuthi Dragovic

One question, @Flamingo , before I put that whole issue to bed. This is me venting some of my paranoia.

Given that the big kerfuffle that led you to intervene started off of a news story (and I may look to see if news stories were the point of origin for some of the previous thread-locking scuffles), do you think we'll have to extend the existing politics ban to news coverage, or specifically spell out what counts as political?

(I am really hoping it doesn't have to go that far, given how far-reaching a news ban can be or the amount of backlash and accusations that can come from spelling things out as 'political', but I'm not you and don't get to see the worst parts of this every time I'm here.)