• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Okay, so I had to temporarily swap cars due to a tail light issue for one day. So I had my first experience with a "smart car".

How the hell is an autistic person supposed to be able to handle this? How do the NTs handle this?!?

Blind-spot detection or a camera behind the vehicle, that only activates when you're driving in reverse, is one thing. That's actually a useful technology because with a lot of vehicles, you otherwise have to turn your head so much you can't see in FRONT of you, which can result in other accidents.

But the rest? Hell no.

Lane technology so the car is beeping when you're not immaculately in a lane - which, by the way, the roads are such here that a SIMPLE TURN can set this off. Excess lights on the dashboard that flicker - in this case an "ECO" lighting every single time my foot is off the gas and turns off when I do step on the pedal, which is a lot because I'm trying to maintain a set speed (and luck has NEVER been on my side for cruise control - EVERY time I try to use it, traffic reorients so I can't use it anymore). Trying to lock the car instead remote-starts it. The trunk won't let me open it and goes GLACIALLY SLOW.

And I've heard about collision avoidance technology. I never encountered that on this drive, but I know EXACTLY how I handle surprises and not being in control of a situation, and collision avoidance can forcibly take control away control from the driver. I already know I'd have a meltdown if I had the vehicle take control away from me.

I may need to resort to having everything delivered in the coming years instead of driving, if I lose my current vehicle and can't get a vehicle that'll let me disable most of this crap. This is not about "how to use the features", this is not about an acclimation period, this is not about being safer. In fact, with someone like me? These features would make driving decidedly UNsafe.

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
Banned
had an argument with someone who refused to believe far right associated people still exist.

the sleepiest kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
USPS has always dropped packages off at my door, but now ALL OF A SUDDEN they won't drop them off! I live in a 4-apartment building and I live up one flight of stairs. My USPS packages have never been stolen here! Either it's lazyness or a new mail person. *sighs*

ben909

vaporeon
USPS has always dropped packages off at my door, but now ALL OF A SUDDEN they won't drop them off! I live in a 4-apartment building and I live up one flight of stairs. My USPS packages have never been stolen here! Either it's lazyness or a new mail person. *sighs*
“Less contact delivery “

ben909

vaporeon
Makeing a somewhat bad joke about if they don’t enter the door or touch it they have less contact with the people in it and thus a slightly smaller chance of spreading covid, used as a justification for being lazy

ben909

vaporeon
Maybe vent thread is not the best place to make jokes...

the sleepiest kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
Look, I know my neighbor can't help his schizophrenia, but when it's late at night, he knocks on the door and I am way too lethargic, depressed and tired to open the door, it's not cool to get angry and start banging on our shared wall in retaliation. I also get uncomfortable answering the door late at night in this building, because the other three tenants are male and I'm the only female here, plus I live alone. I do feel kinda bad for not answering, but I'm also not obligated to at night when I'm trying to sleep. I wish he'd get the help he needs so he'll stop having these false delusions that I'm out to get him.

Erix

>‿‿◕
Mmm guys I feel tired and stuff right now, but hmm, I dunno I kinda wanna just put this somewhere and maybe you guys can help. What would you do if you had a big group of friends that you loved to hang out with, but then some shit happens and you just can’t bring yourself to hang out with them anymore. A month or 2 passes, and you want to talk with a select few of them, but if you did then that means you’d have to talk to the people who stirred up trouble the last time. Would you still try and talk to some of your old friends? Would you still try and ignore them? I know a lot of context is missing, and it’s really dependent of course I know that. But if that general scenario happened to you, what would you do?

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
You've stated before that there is a lot of context missing. But I would say it depends on the severity of those who stirred up stuff. If it was hard core stuff I would probably stay away. but if those people who are really awesome outweighs the suffering of being with the others it could be worth it. Or you can find a way to just interact with the selected few you wanna hang with.

Erix

>‿‿◕
I used to think they were awesome, now I don’t know what to think anymore. It’s kind of like seeing a world you thought you knew through different lenses, and now you can’t help but believe it was all a lie. i can’t help but feel like I was a bad friend for leaving them all behind, but after what happened, I didn’t want to help clean up the mess they made.

Erix

>‿‿◕
After that incident, I just wanted to be done with “making friends”. What’s the use if they never learn. What’s the use if they just hurt someone you care about, and they don’t even realize it until it’s too late, then all that’s left is an empty apology to make, but then they don’t care enough to actually stop the cycle from happening again. I just hate myself for not having had taken action sooner, for being too lax because they were friends.

I hated myself for not being a good enough friend for my friends before, but now I can’t tell anymore if I was the problem, or they were.

Sorry guys for the multiple posts, just had to let that out for a second

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Dont worry at all. Relationships are a very difficult thing and have a lot of intricacies and complications. The best you can do is be there for friends. I was at a point in my life where I didn't wanna see people at all. it hurt and I'd been burned too many times. But I came to realize many of them didn't mean some of the things they said. They were angry. But that is a part of who they are. You're not at fault.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
I had a dream that was so lovely. It was everything for which I yearn. But it turns out it was all fake, paid for, and I found this out in my dream. I woke up with tears streaming down my face, and wanting so much to just go back.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
I don't know if I have any real advice for you, Erix, especially from limited details. But if it were me and I could not figure out if they were making things worse for me, or if I was making things worse for them.... I probably would stay away from them.

You seem like a really nice person so I'm inclined to think that they were dragging you down, especially since your instincts seem to be to stay away from them.

Don't let your guilt make you stay with people who are bad for you.
If you honestly want to patch things up, then that's different. But if you go back to them because you feel badly about the situation and put yourself in uncomfortable situations, then that's really not good for you.

Erix

>‿‿◕
Thanks for the kind words and advice Kuro, I appreciate it a ton. Though, my guilt is not at all making me want to go back. My guilt is only leading me farther away from them. I just feel like they deserved better than what I put on the table, so I wanted to get away from them, but I guess now I got a better reason to stay away.

Sorry, I know me not explaining the whole thing is just asking for all these little misconceptions to show themselves, I just, I don’t know. I don’t know if you guys would want to hear everything lol

Erix

>‿‿◕
Dont worry at all. Relationships are a very difficult thing and have a lot of intricacies and complications. The best you can do is be there for friends. I was at a point in my life where I didn't wanna see people at all. it hurt and I'd been burned too many times. But I came to realize many of them didn't mean some of the things they said. They were angry. But that is a part of who they are. You're not at fault.
What hurts is that I KNOW they didn’t mean what they said/did, that they weren’t doing it because of malicious intent. They just did some shitty stuff that they didn’t realize were shitty, and when confronted about it, apparently acted like they cared but didn’t do anything to change it.

I just thought I knew them better than that. I feel it was a lack of accountability

I always want to try and be there for my friends, but this situation was just too much.

I think that’s enough out of me today, I really should get some sleep shouldn’t I? Talking about this with lack of sleep is definitely not good for me probably. So thanks Santo and u 2 Kuro for some advice. I’ll make sure to look over ur guys’s advice more and think about it

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Had a bit of work drama a few days ago. Dust has settled and thought things were done and over with. Then the supervisor starts playing nice and says she's going to try and make sure.things stay fair, which has been an ongoing issue since before I joined.

I was like 'wow that's awesome to hear! Maybe things will finally start turning around!'

Nah man. I should know better. Its been shaky at best and now there's a notice declaring that registers have been short around 60 dollars and that of it continues, people will be expected to pay back the difference.

Inb4 I get accused for being the one causing the issues. I know at least 50 of it was from my supervisor for activating extra gift cards. You can't refund them once they've gone through.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Trying to apply for jobs is just stupid.

Half the sites link to another site so I can create another profile for each fucking employer, most of which don't work. Oh, my email is already in the database? Well fancy fucking that since I just used it to register. Guess I'm not applying for that one then, since I literally can't. Had to email them to try to fix it so I can apply for a job I probably won't get, and that's assuming they're able to fix it.

Not to mention all the typical garbage of "here at so-and-so company we strive for some meaningless crap" and everyone must scroll past that crap anyways right? Like yeah, yeah, whatever what do you want from me?