• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
As much as I usually agree with these sort of things, I'll agree with you here.

Without taking the culture in question into account you're gonna just cause more issues.

One I saw recently involved Twitter users trying to cancel Indonesians for using "Nggak" (translates to no, according to said Indonesians). Same with Koreans and a similar word (that I can't remember the exact spelling or meaning of), because despite being a mundane word in that language it sounds vaguely familiar to an English language slur.

And then as I mentioned earlier there's the Latinx drama - which makes zero sense grammatically. I get what they're going for but it's imposing Anglo linguistic rules on the Spanish Language, which has it's own set. As I said, from what I've heard Latine is the correct gender neutral term.
No wonder Chinese netizens find it hilarious, they call these people "Baizuo", look it up
Frank, ASTA. You're upset because somebody used the word 'Latinx'.

Watch some netflix or bake a pie or something and find some happiness.
Who said I'm upset? I'll admit I find the academic identitarians who produce this terminology and the whole race/gender theorists disgusting (as I would expect any of the good people here, since they claim to dislike bigots) but nah I'm not mad

quoting_mungo

Everything feels so hard, and yet the Swedish Social Insurance Agency things I have what it takes to hold a "real job". Bitch, on a bad day I can't even fold laundry. Piss off.
I hear you so hard. I’ve been avoiding dealing with them for literal years because I’m afraid of them pulling that sort of shit (which would aggravate my anxiety and depression SO MUCH).

You know you best, and I hope you can find the support you need to pull yourself out of the dark place you seem to be in right now.

And then as I mentioned earlier there's the Latinx drama - which makes zero sense grammatically. I get what they're going for but it's imposing Anglo linguistic rules on the Spanish Language, which has it's own set. As I said, from what I've heard Latine is the correct gender neutral term.
If the English-speaking Latinx community uses Latinx (which, yanno, they do), it’s hardly the place of non-Latinx people to take offense on their behalf, or to pick apart the etymology/construction of the word. (It would obviously be different if the community had expressed that they don’t want people outside the community using it, but I at least have never seen such a thing said even once.)

Last edited:

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
I hear you so hard. I’ve been avoiding dealing with them for literal years because I’m afraid of them pulling that sort of shit (which would aggravate my anxiety and depression SO MUCH).

You know you best, and I hope you can find the support you need to pull yourself out of the dark place you seem to be in right now.

If the English-speaking Latinx community uses Latinx (which, yanno, they do), it’s hardly the place of non-Latinx people to take offense on their behalf, or to pick apart the etymology/construction of the word. (It would obviously be different if the community had expressed that they don’t want people outside the community using it, but I at least have never seen such a thing said even once.)
Yeah, that's a fair point.

TheCynicalViet

I'm a lot less mad right but forgive me if I sound madder and madder as this rant continues because this whole thing is starting to boil over.

So three days ago, I was originally at a humble 84 followers on Twitter. And then Twitter did the thing that it keeps doing to me when my account starts to grow and it removed 94% of my followers. I went from 84 followers to 5 in the span of one day. And then the next day, it dropped to 0 so I had to fucking beg my mutuals to refollow me again of which some haven't done so nor respond to my dms so that's fun. This isn't the first time it's happened. Last year, I had an even humbler 45 followers that just suddenly dropped to 0. Can I just ask why? Why the fuck do I have to put up with having to restart the process of rebuilding my following when it's already so hard to gain followers in the first place? All I ask is to let me break 100 followers before you fuck my ass again. Can I just have that? Is that too much to ask? Can I just get over 100 followers for the first time on my Twitter without getting fucked over again? And again. And again. And again.

I don't want to sound entitled but I don't think an artist like me at my current skill level shouldn't be at only 5 followers. I don't think an artist like me at my skill should be talked down to by people who make literal MS Paint scribbles just because they have more numbers than me. I don't think an artist like me should keep doing free commissions because of the follower bias reducing the value of my art to literal pennies. Is this actually fair? Is this meritocratic? Is my art so fucking bad that it doesn't even deserve to have a following? Should Twitter keep moving me back to the start line and reducing my followers to 0 every fucking time my engagement grows?

EDIT: I'm not deleting this for the sake of brevity and I've calmed down again so I can say this. All I want is just a bit of support since I'm gonna have to go through the hell of having to rebuild my following again. It was already hard gaining them in the first place but it's gonna harder getting myself back to where I started. Just a few words of encourage is really all I ask.

Last edited:
Seems as good a place as any:

Mad and pissy because I can't afford my own health care, let alone that for my fiance. Have had a fundraiser going since before their neck surgery, and the only fucking people sharing it are my sister and I! I've asked so many friends, and even those with over 20k following and those two said they don't share fundraisers -- yet I've seen them do it for pet fundraisers without an issue.

Now I have heart problems, need various expensive tests (including an echocardiogram I may have to pay entirely out of pocket for). I will need eye surgery soon to correct my right eye that's burying itself into the socket...and my fucking real estate license is being put on the back burner for all the goddamn stress and money it takes to even get it!

So I try to make adopts-- fucking nobody looks at them. FA, FB 10 different groups, Twitter, Instagram, Forums, fucking $5 and nOBODY is fucking even commenting a damn thing. Not, oh I love them, or fuck those are ugly! (Hell I'd take that even, at least I would know not to do that damn design again.) Only place anyone even seems to remotely look at my stuff is TickTock, and that's only around 300 people looking. With 2 TOTAL ever commenting it seems.

~screams

Erix

>‿‿◕
I'm a lot less mad right but forgive me if I sound madder and madder as this rant continues because this whole thing is starting to boil over.

So three days ago, I was originally at a humble 84 followers on Twitter. And then Twitter did the thing that it keeps doing to me when my account starts to grow and it removed 94% of my followers. I went from 84 followers to 5 in the span of one day. And then the next day, it dropped to 0 so I had to fucking beg my mutuals to refollow me again of which some haven't done so nor respond to my dms so that's fun. This isn't the first time it's happened. Last year, I had an even humbler 45 followers that just suddenly dropped to 0. Can I just ask why? Why the fuck do I have to put up with having to restart the process of rebuilding my following when it's already so hard to gain followers in the first place? All I ask is to let me break 100 followers before you fuck my ass again. Can I just have that? Is that too much to ask? Can I just get over 100 followers for the first time on my Twitter without getting fucked over again? And again. And again. And again.

I don't want to sound entitled but I don't think an artist like me at my current skill level shouldn't be at only 5 followers. I don't think an artist like me at my skill should be talked down to by people who make literal MS Paint scribbles just because they have more numbers than me. I don't think an artist like me should keep doing free commissions because of the follower bias reducing the value of my art to literal pennies. Is this actually fair? Is this meritocratic? Is my art so fucking bad that it doesn't even deserve to have a following? Should Twitter keep moving me back to the start line and reducing my followers to 0 every fucking time my engagement grows?

EDIT: I'm not deleting this for the sake of brevity and I've calmed down again so I can say this. All I want is just a bit of support since I'm gonna have to go through the hell of having to rebuild my following again. It was already hard gaining them in the first place but it's gonna harder getting myself back to where I started. Just a few words of encourage is really all I ask.
I personally can’t relate to these problems as I don’t even use Twitter, and I don’t make art/commissions, but that sounds real frustrating dude. Not even surprised you sound really angry.

I wish you luck in your next restart. I would think that if you got pretty great art, it shouldn’t be too difficult to regain your previous following, so there’s that silver lining ig.

I’m sure you’ll reach your goal of 100 followers this time c:

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy

An artist of your skill shouldn't use twitter, the garbage compactor of the internet. Toxicity is its business model and the leadership is a flaming pile of shit.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi

*Hugs*

Im not much of a twitter guru but I can say that is probably not how it should work. Im sorry you're having to go through this yet again, but the only advice I can possibly give is to stick with it. If you really wanna be an artist on twitter you gotta get through this adversity and push forwards. I dont wanna seem like a dick, but you can do it :3

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Seems as good a place as any:

Mad and pissy because I can't afford my own health care, let alone that for my fiance. Have had a fundraiser going since before their neck surgery, and the only fucking people sharing it are my sister and I! I've asked so many friends, and even those with over 20k following and those two said they don't share fundraisers -- yet I've seen them do it for pet fundraisers without an issue.

Now I have heart problems, need various expensive tests (including an echocardiogram I may have to pay entirely out of pocket for). I will need eye surgery soon to correct my right eye that's burying itself into the socket...and my fucking real estate license is being put on the back burner for all the goddamn stress and money it takes to even get it!

So I try to make adopts-- fucking nobody looks at them. FA, FB 10 different groups, Twitter, Instagram, Forums, fucking $5 and nOBODY is fucking even commenting a damn thing. Not, oh I love them, or fuck those are ugly! (Hell I'd take that even, at least I would know not to do that damn design again.) Only place anyone even seems to remotely look at my stuff is TickTock, and that's only around 300 people looking. With 2 TOTAL ever commenting it seems.

~screams
Medical expenses are always hard to deal with, and while the complexity of what you two are going through is a lot more than most people ever have to deal with, getting money is difficult. Feeling like you're swimming in it is quite a common thing. But being able to take a step back and breathe will really help. If you're all worked up things are going to get worse. Now I dont want to tell you what to do, but in my mind I would do something to help me relax before going out and doing something, (getting a job, doing art, yard sales). While there isn't much i can do at the moment, since I too am poor and have no following, I hope you're going to be okay. I know you will.

Medical expenses are always hard to deal with, and while the complexity of what you two are going through is a lot more than most people ever have to deal with, getting money is difficult. Feeling like you're swimming in it is quite a common thing. But being able to take a step back and breathe will really help. If you're all worked up things are going to get worse. Now I dont want to tell you what to do, but in my mind I would do something to help me relax before going out and doing something, (getting a job, doing art, yard sales). While there isn't much i can do at the moment, since I too am poor and have no following, I hope you're going to be okay. I know you will.
Yah, I know I'll be ok in the long run. I just hate that every time I feel like some kind of headway has been made the wave of "hey you owe this money and that money" crashes in like a tsunami. I'm currently working on another pride flag adopt (the philadelphia flag currently) and I do need to clean out my storage unit. Maybe sell stuff, maybe just donate it. I dunno...I need the money, but I don't feel like trying to moderate a sale either cause everyone else just tries to talk you down on what you're trying to sell. Sigh...

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Yah, I know I'll be ok in the long run. I just hate that every time I feel like some kind of headway has been made the wave of "hey you owe this money and that money" crashes in like a tsunami. I'm currently working on another pride flag adopt (the philadelphia flag currently) and I do need to clean out my storage unit. Maybe sell stuff, maybe just donate it. I dunno...I need the money, but I don't feel like trying to moderate a sale either cause everyone else just tries to talk you down on what you're trying to sell. Sigh...
*Patpats*

Im sorry you gotta go through this kinda stuff. People should feel safe getting medical work done, not feeling stress on having to pay it. Im sorry there isn't much else I can do.

Flamingo

Staff member
My baby's back!!!!
ShabbyEmbarrassedGrebe-size_restricted.gif

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
Right, here we go...

I can't stand Microsoft nor Windows 10. They've been pissing me off since I was 9, (we had a Windows 95 PC back in the day, with dial-up), and over the years I've had nothing but complete bullshit with the OS's over the years.

I had a Windows 98 PC that lasted over 20 years, when my late brother and I got our first Windows XP PC (It was Home Edition and it was shit!), so then we both got our own custom made Windows XP Professional PCs, but I swear mine was a total dick, since day one.

It had a very weird BSOD that I never seen before, where a shit ton of numbers appeared on the screen that scrolled down until the system restarted itself, and it never happened again.

Fast forward to a few years when I had very terrible insomnia, I was awake at 4AM one morning, so I turned on my PC, when out of nowhere, a blank pop up box showed up and my taskbar was turning white, when it was originally blue, then I had a fatal Stop Screen, and this happened about 4 times, I was confused as hell.

Sometime later I got my first laptop which was a Windows Vista, and I liked Vista before Microsoft fucked it up, when I was about to play a game or something, my screen went very strange, like coloured pixel blocks would appear all over my screen, as the system would restart incorrectly, to where an emergency system recovery screen came up, then my system shut down, then it would no longer boot.

It would get stuck in a booting loop then restart. I was pissed as I lost a lot of important data!

Then of course I got my now, 13-14 year old Fujitsu laptop (CMOS is long dead now), and that ran perfectly, until Microsoft being the stupid bastards they are, spat out a Patch Tuesday update, but little did they know it was carrying a goddamn computer worm called "Alureon". I was doing random shit on my laptop (I play emulators), and my system couldn't install these updates/they were disabled/corrupted, which I thought was very weird, so later that night I unstalled some video games I was no longer playing as I got bored, but I'm sure an update or a few went through in the background so I had to restart for them to take effect, and that was when shit hit the fan...

I ran into the first of four BSOD that night. I was alarmed as I told my Mom "I Just had a BSOD..." and she asked if I was joking and I said no, so I tried to enter Windows again, ended up another BSOD, so I thought 'Oh shit, something's up!' so I tried getting into Safe Mode twice, but even that spat out 2 BSOD until my system then came up about an emergency system recovery, as there was a high chance of the OS getting corrupted because of the worm, and I sat there in shock, that I had two options:

1) Perform the system recovery and loss everything

2) Keep trying to get into Windows and risk corruption

I went with option 1, as I really felt I had zero choice, and that night I started crying as I was watching my system go through with the emergency system recovery to completely wipe clean the harddisk and install a clean, factory setting made Windows Vista, I was so upset as I watched all my data become forever lost. I didn't have a portable harddrive or a USB drive to backup my data, it was gone within minutes.

I loved Windows 7, and I still do, but when Microsoft spat out an beta/test version of Windows 10, it was fine, it ran my old games perfectly. Until those stupid fucking dipshits released Windows 10 fully, it could no longer play my old games from 1999-2000, I was livid as I was limited on what games I could play, but I loved playing Star Trek: Armada, but once Win10 was out, the game would no longer work, even with the game being patched to 3.1.0, the game will just instant crash to desktop. Even if I add custom maps I used to play back in the day when the servers were up and running, it'll throw a hissy fit and crash to desktop, even if I try other maps, it would still do it.

Also, my Windows XP HATED a game called Guild Wars, whenever I'd start to play, my game would freeze, then my monitor would go onto standby mode, and my system wouldn't accpet any mouse or keyboard actions, at all. Hell it would bleep at me if my graphics card was slightly out of its socket, only by a tiny bit, it would bitch at me.

I'd happily use Linux, but Linux would hate 100% of all my games. I hated Macs in school, they were terrible. So fuck Micrsoft and fuck Windows 10!

Last edited:
*Patpats*

Im sorry you gotta go through this kinda stuff. People should feel safe getting medical work done, not feeling stress on having to pay it. Im sorry there isn't much else I can do.
Trust me, just the fact that you bothered to respond at all helps; a lot. I appreciate that. I also agree with you. For some reason America is so against the idea of making health care a basic right vs a privilege.

Right, here we go...

I can't stand Microsoft nor Windows 10. They've been pissing me off since I was 9, (we had a Windows 95 PC back in the day, with dial-up), and over the years I've had nothing but complete bullshit with the OS's over the years.

I had a Windows 98 PC that lasted over 20 years, when my late brother and I got our first Windows XP PC (It was Home Edition and it was shit!), so then we both got our own custom made Windows XP Professional PCs, but I swear mine was a total dick, since day one.

It had a very weird BSOD that I never seen before, where a shit ton of numbers appeared on the screen that scrolled down until the system restarted itself, and it never happened again.

Fast forward to a few years when I had very terrible insomnia, I was awake at 4AM one morning, so I turned on my PC, when out of nowhere, a blank pop up box showed up and my taskbar was turning white, when it was originally blue, then I had a fatal Stop Screen, and this happened about 4 times, I was confused as hell.

Sometime later I got my first laptop which was a Windows Vista, and I liked Vista before Microsoft fucked it up, when I was about to play a game or something, my screen went very strange, like coloured pixel blocks would appear all over my screen, as the system would restart incorrectly, to where an emergecy system recovery screen came up, then my system shut down, then it would no longer boot.

It would get stuck in a booting loop then restart. I was pissed as I lost a lot of important data!

Then of course I got my now, 13-14 year old Fujitsu laptop (CMOS is long dead now), and that ran perfectly, until Microsoft being the stupid bastards they are, spat out a Patch Tuesday update, but little did they know it was carrying a goddamn computer worm called "Alureon". I was doing random shit on my laptop (I play emulators), and my system couldn't install these updates/they were disabled/corrupted, which I thought was very weird, so later that night I unstalled some video games I was no longer playing as I got bored, but I'm sure an update or a few went through in the background so I had to restart for them to take effect, and that was when shit hit the fan...

I ran into the first of four BSOD that night. I was alarmed as I told my Mom "I Just had a BSOD..." and she asked if I was joking and I said no, so I tried to enter Windows again, ended up another BSOD, so I thought 'Oh shit, something's up!' so I tried getting into Safe Mode twice, but even that spat out 2 BSOD until my system then came up about an emergency system recovery, as there was a high chance of the OS getting corrupted because of the worm, and I sat there in shock, that I had two options:

1) Perform the system recovery and loss everything

2) Keep trying to get into Windows and risk corruption

I went with option 1, as I really felt I had zero choice, and that night I started crying as I was watching my system go through with the emergency system recovery to completely wipe clean the harddisk and install a clean, factory setting made Windows Vista, I was so upset as I watched all my data become forever lost. I didn't have a portable harddrive or a USB drive to backup my data, it was gone within minutes.

I loved Windows 7, and I still do, but when Microsoft spat out an beta/test version of Windows 10, it was fine, it ran my old games perfectly. Until those stupid fucking dipshits released Windows 10 fully, it could no longer play my old games from 1999-2000, I was livid as I was limited on what games I could play, but I loved playing Star Trek: Armada, but once Win10 was out, the game would no longer work, even with the game being patched to 3.1.0, the game will just instant crash to desktop. Even if I add custom maps I used to play back in the day when the servers were up and running, it'll throw a hissy fit and crash to desktop, even if I try other maps, it would still do it.

I'd happily use Linux, but Linux would hate 100% of all my games. I hated Macs in school, they were terrible. So fuck Micrsoft and fuck Windows 10!
Only thing a windows thing is good for is VR gaming. That's it. Macs are much better now.

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned Wolf + Phoenix

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
xD

I wouldn't know, but I've had my custom rig here, about a year or two, and I swear it's the worst PC I've owned, worse than the ones I had in the past.

The graphics card sucks, the processor's .dll file will trigger a Blue Screen of Death if it gets pissed off with something, only has 8 GB of RAM, and I already had past issues with the harddrive anyway. Can't afford serious upgrades either, as they cost an arm and a leg and maybe a tail. It has AMD Ryzen 5 (Gag), and Radeon Vega Graphics both suck too! NVIDIA is great.

I also had a gaming laptop until an ex-friend (who I was in love with, who backstabbed me), sent a virus through Skype, and it trashed my gaming laptop. To say I was pissed, would be a bit short. I was livid. So I've had Windows for 23 years, and they fucking SUCK! Only things that haven't given me shit are:

My Fujitsu laptop when it was alive, I removed Vista and put Linux on it, and because my Vista laptop had weak/old parts to it (I think the processor was like 20 years old or something), it ran Linux without a single problem, not one!

My old N64 still functions just fine, my Gameboy Color of 23 years still works. I've gone through 3 Xbox 360s (no joke). I think anything that's not related to MicroTits works fine for me.

Also, if there was any records for a PC to have the most Blue Screens of Death, I think my Windows 98 PC would of won it, hands down. XD

It was more pissy than my Win XP PC, that snuffed it, about 2014. I wish I kept it, so I could experiment with it, and see what would go "BOOM!" first. >:3

ben909

vaporeon
windows usually worked fine for me... but seemingly not the rest of the world... i have 5-8 year old computers that run fine for their age

TheCynicalViet

Just want to say that I want to thank @Erix , @Frank Gulotta , and @ssaannttoo for their words of encouragement. Like I genuinely do appreciate it.

I've calmed down a lot. Thinking about this situation does still make me angry but what's done is done. Twitter screwed me over yet again and that's that. Truly Sisyphean. Today's a new day so let's just calm down and take this one step at a time.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Just want to say that I want to thank @Erix , @Frank Gulotta , and @ssaannttoo for their words of encouragement. Like I genuinely do appreciate it.

I've calmed down a lot. Thinking about this situation does still make me angry but what's done is done. Twitter screwed me over yet again and that's that. Truly Sisyphean. Today's a new day so let's just calm down and take this one step at a time.
Exactly, glad our words were able to help just a little bit. While I dont know how to help you technically im here to listen. *hugs*