• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

ben909

vaporeon

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
I hate it when I can't sleep properly when my bedroom is hot as hell. Even with 4 fans running.

Khione Frostfang

I'm in Liverpool, it's too bloody hot

Just wanna go back to winter at my parent's in Scotland smh
I'd happily fuck off to Scotland, my cousin and I both hate the heat, so we'll be happy in the cold.

M

ManicTherapsid

XD My motherboard glows, which I find a pain mostly when I want to sleep, sometimes my system will get stuck when shutting down.

I love how Windows doesn't know what caused a hang with Explorer.EXE lmao.

Does this make any sense, or am I guessing that I was right, about my system crashing when GeForce was updating:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8024ccb4e80, 0xffff8c08eedfd740, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000."

In other words, it was a grease fucking lightning quick BSOD I didn't see.

A lot of them will let you turn off the motherboard leds in the BIOS options. Sadly the same can't be said for the fans.

Khione Frostfang

A lot of them will let you turn off the motherboard leds in the BIOS options. Sadly the same can't be said for the fans.
Yeah, I dare piss about with it in case it gets bitchy at me, hahaha.

Ugh, I hate getting headaches...

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
I’m super apprehensive about staying in the fandom. FurAffinity isn’t the right site for me and neither are DeviantArt and SoFurry.
I don’t know what to do. I feel lonely and have practically nobody to talk to within the furry fandom, while others seemed so much more welcoming for me.
After I finish my current commissions, I don’t see any point in posting my stories on furry websites anymore.

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Shouldn’t have even thought I stood a chance of getting any decent amount of watchers when I write primarily SFW stuff.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I’m super apprehensive about staying in the fandom. FurAffinity isn’t the right site for me and neither are DeviantArt and SoFurry.
I don’t know what to do. I feel lonely and have practically nobody to talk to within the furry fandom, while others seemed so much more welcoming for me.
After I finish my current commissions, I don’t see any point in posting my stories on furry websites anymore.

Well
If you want some blunt criticism, read on.
If not, then pretend this never happened and enjoy your day. XD

Your page doesn't present much, as in, there isn't a lot to view or read. You literally only have one small page of submissions, which consist of mixed mediums. Some made by you, some not. After a whole year of being active on the site, it's not a whole lot. I don't think you've put out enough to have viewers even get a feel for you or your style.

Most of your story submissions are commissions, which probably means it's geared towards what the commissioner wants. I've peeked at your site where you have the first chapter posted, but that's all there is. It almost feels like we're expected to know more about you, without you actually taking the time to explain or describe it to us.

People don't like to make the extra click. I'm not saying get rid of the site to your link, but definitely make sure to upload all/any of your later installments.

One common thing I've noticed in your writing is that there's very little description on the characters involved. A lot of telling instead of showing. From what I'm getting in the first dozen lines of every character introduced is almost all thought or dialogue with very little indication on what we're actually supposed to be seeing. Every line is pretty much a thought, and almost every thought is a line. I personally find 1'st and present tense to be unlikeable because most people just decide everything and expect you to know exactly what to imagine, or the scenario is something that conflicts with you, and immediately ruins the immersion.

I'm not saying you shouldn't quit FA, but I feel like even just keeping the extra platform to dump it on and hope for comments isn't a terrible idea. I do that with deviantart all the time. XD

Sorry if this gives you anxiety. :(

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Well
If you want some blunt criticism, read on.
If not, then pretend this never happened and enjoy your day. XD

Your page doesn't present much, as in, there isn't a lot to view or read. You literally only have one small page of submissions, which consist of mixed mediums. Some made by you, some not. After a whole year of being active on the site, it's not a whole lot. I don't think you've put out enough to have viewers even get a feel for you or your style.

Most of your story submissions are commissions, which probably means it's geared towards what the commissioner wants. I've peeked at your site where you have the first chapter posted, but that's all there is. It almost feels like we're expected to know more about you, without you actually taking the time to explain or describe it to us.

People don't like to make the extra click. I'm not saying get rid of the site to your link, but definitely make sure to upload all/any of your later installments.

One common thing I've noticed in your writing is that there's very little description on the characters involved. A lot of telling instead of showing. From what I'm getting in the first dozen lines of every character introduced is almost all thought or dialogue with very little indication on what we're actually supposed to be seeing. Every line is pretty much a thought, and almost every thought is a line. I personally find 1'st and present tense to be unlikeable because most people just decide everything and expect you to know exactly what to imagine, or the scenario is something that conflicts with you, and immediately ruins the immersion.

I'm not saying you shouldn't quit FA, but I feel like even just keeping the extra platform to dump it on and hope for comments isn't a terrible idea. I do that with deviantart all the time. XD

Sorry if this gives you anxiety. :(
Thank you. It’s much appreciated. Don’t worry about the anxiety part haha, I’m 100% okay with criticism and that kind of thing. Not everyone’s going to have the same experience or feel the same way reading a story and that’s the beauty of writing.
To be honest, I don’t really know when I should include descriptions of appearance, which is something I should definitely work on. This is especially the case for short stories, or something that’s meant to be within a certain word limit. I dislike dumping tons of information about how a character looks, personally, though maybe I should like, write a general description of them beforehand and then spread it through different parts of the story.
Sorry for the long rambling reply lol. I’m just always looking for methods to improve and you’ve really helped me here.

Last edited:

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Not much of a vent anymore but something I felt like speaking out.

I am really disappointed with the way that FAF has developed. Whenever I decide to come onto the site these days with a glimmer of hope for interesting thread. I can only spot either spam of forum games.
What does not help either is hug boxing and staff taking sides instead of being just.

I have had some good time here ages ago but I doubt this will return. People change and so did I. When I have joined, I was full of hope and the ambition.

Ambition stayed yet my hope was replaced by bitterness. One can guess why.

Anyway, for those that I have interacted with before? It was mostly fun and would not mind doing it again. Those that I did not? I wish we met before.

Khione Frostfang

*patpats*

Sorry about that *Gves water and sungglasses*
Thanks, being a Type 1 diabetic and the heat, really don't mix well. It's been mostly humid here, but it's killing my sleeping... I'm tired all the time.

Khione Frostfang

I'm trying, haha. The heat just sucks.

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
I'm trying, haha. The heat just sucks.
Oh god. Glad I finally bought a damn fan. I can't stand the heat.

On-topic though..

I was hoping people had finally stopped pandering/treating me differently(note: as if I am less capable, have less individual advocacy) because of my Autism, but someone just HAD to break the record.