• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

PhoxSpark

just vibing
Well... My dad is divorcing... Again.

I live with my father and he's been on a relation with my now future ex-stepmom for like 9 years. I've never get along with her, but we learned to tolerate ourselves with the years. She always had the last word and all of his problems were worse than whatever I had to say, I really hated her sometimes.

This Thursday early (6-7AM), I was waken up by a very heated up argument downstairs. Didn't listen to what they were saying, but that morning I asked my dad "what happened?" at which he answered me "just clarifying things". The next days, they were calling lawyers and getting ready for the divorce, and I don't even know why!

To be fair, I hoped for their rupture in the past... But with their real rupture on the horizon, suddenly there will be a lot of people that I will never see again... All my stepbrothers and their relates will be out of my life forever and that just makes me really sad. I know I could still maintain contact with them, but I'm too different from them and I know for a fact that with time, even if I try to be in contact (and knowing the way I am), our relation will just fade...

And then, there is my dad. My dad is a "I don't have feelings" kind of boomer. But I know he have them. When I saw him around the house these days, he acts like if nothing is happening, but lately I barely see him on the house, he just eats and goes to work/bed. I can tell he's not having a good time with all of this and I cannot imagine what made him take this decision.

I was a bit "I don't careish", but I feel like it's really affecting me. I'm having real nightmares, I think slower than usual, I almost don't go out of my room and I have a sensation of sadness over my shoulders all the time... And I can't do anything about it! I'm nobody to speak over who my father should love, and I will respect always his choose.

And lastly, suddenly we will turn from a picturesque alternative family (with my stepbrother and stepsister living here) to an empty big house for just me and my father. I feel bad for feeling like this is bad, but I'm a bit scared of that future scenario. I love my dad and I don't want him to feel bad or heartbroken, but I'm very worried of what he can turn into within some months single... His character will change for sure and I fear it changes for worse.

Anyway, I just needed to throw up this out of my head.

the sleepiest kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
I can't stand my chronic tremor. It gets so bad that sometimes I can't draw anything at all. And it affects my right hand more than my left hand, which is odd.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi

I live with my father and he's been on a relation with my now future ex-stepmom for like 9 years. I've never get along with her, but we learned to tolerate ourselves with the years. She always had the last word and all of his problems were worse than whatever I had to say, I really hated her sometimes.

This Thursday early (6-7AM), I was waken up by a very heated up argument downstairs. Didn't listen to what they were saying, but that morning I asked my dad "what happened?" at which he answered me "just clarifying things". The next days, they were calling lawyers and getting ready for the divorce, and I don't even know why!

To be fair, I hoped for their rupture in the past... But with their real rupture on the horizon, suddenly there will be a lot of people that I will never see again... All my stepbrothers and their relates will be out of my life forever and that just makes me really sad. I know I could still maintain contact with them, but I'm too different from them and I know for a fact that with time, even if I try to be in contact (and knowing the way I am), our relation will just fade...

And then, there is my dad. My dad is a "I don't have feelings" kind of boomer. But I know he have them. When I saw him around the house these days, he acts like if nothing is happening, but lately I barely see him on the house, he just eats and goes to work/bed. I can tell he's not having a good time with all of this and I cannot imagine what made him take this decision.

I was a bit "I don't careish", but I feel like it's really affecting me. I'm having real nightmares, I think slower than usual, I almost don't go out of my room and I have a sensation of sadness over my shoulders all the time... And I can't do anything about it! I'm nobody to speak over who my father should love, and I will respect always his choose.

And lastly, suddenly we will turn from a picturesque alternative family (with my stepbrother and stepsister living here) to an empty big house for just me and my father. I feel bad for feeling like this is bad, but I'm a bit scared of that future scenario. I love my dad and I don't want him to feel bad or heartbroken, but I'm very worried of what he can turn into within some months single... His character will change for sure and I fear it changes for worse.

Im so sorry about all of that, while Im lucky yo never have gone through a divorce with my parents, I can understand the strain you'd be on. And while its unfair that it is forced upon you because of two adults. But you can get through this. A large change in your life is always hard, but just like any other it becomes easier with time.

*Hugs you tightly*

Im always here to talk with you if you'd like dear. We gotta take care of one another.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I can't stand my chronic tremor. It gets so bad that sometimes I can't draw anything at all. And it affects my right hand more than my left hand, which is odd.
Im not a doctor so there isn't much else I can say about it, talking to a neurologist may help. *Hugs* Im sorry you gotta deal with that though, you're such a sweet person.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
im a fucking burden im the worst everyone just wants me to fucking die
I feel like that pretty much all the time. I say something wrong or I just am stupid. But people keep telling me im not, and that they dont. And so I will do the same for you. I dont hate you, and I would be saddened if you left us. *hugs*

lenago

Top hatted fox

*gives you a strong hug*
Very sorry to hear that buddy, i hope things turn out good in the end

the sleepiest kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
Im not a doctor so there isn't much else I can say about it, talking to a neurologist may help. *Hugs* Im sorry you gotta deal with that though, you're such a sweet person.
Thank you, friend *hugs back*
It's ok. I know what my tremor is from, it's caused by anxiety and PTSD.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Alright, everybody here needs to take a second and breathe. Tensions are flaring and we all just need a moment.

Now, asking somebody to kill themselves is wrong, and despite how they treated you it is no way to act. Please never ever do that again.

Second, talking about anybody in a demeaning light is a very poor thing to do, and it would be best if we all stayed positive.

lenago

Top hatted fox
Alright, everybody here needs to take a second and breathe. Tensions are flaring and we all just need a moment.

Now, asking somebody to kill themselves is wrong, and despite how they treated you it is no way to act. Please never ever do that again.

Second, talking about anybody in a demeaning light is a very poor thing to do, and it would be best if we all stayed positive.
Agreed again