• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
AAAAAAA I CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT ANYMORE I HATE SUMMER BRING BACK WINTER

MY PHONE SAYS IT'S ONLY 23°C WTF

I JUST WANNA GO BACK TO THE -10-10 RANGE WE GOT THROUGH WINTER
*Sighs before blowing on you as well*

Tendo64

Cat With A Guitar
I'm gonna use this thread again because most of my friends are cis/straight and my age, and I feel like I could benefit from getting advice from other LGBT individuals with more life experience than me.

It's only recently occurred to me that I will likely be disowned by the majority of my family once they find out I'm trans if I end up pursuing medical transition (my family is extremely conservative and not LGBT-friendly, DEFINITELY not trans-friendly), and it's a really depressing and frightening thought. I'll be on my own with possibly nobody to help me, maybe even with no warning if i'm outed rather than me choosing to come out myself. What exactly do I do in situations such as this? Should I avoid being close with my family so the day I have to say goodbye hurts less? Are there any recommendations on what I should prepare for or where I should go when that time comes?

Punji

Vaskebjørn
My workplace is always too cold. I'm cold for the entire day, just sitting at my desk for 8.5 hours being slightly below temperature. I'm wearing a T-shirt with a button-down and two light jackets over top and I'm still a little cold at times. I sometimes have to wear gloves too to protect my icy hold hands.

And they gave me a desk fan?

• Sad
Reactions: RAM

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
Why do I feel so so lonely when I got loving friends and a nice family that supports me

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I'm gonna use this thread again because most of my friends are cis/straight and my age, and I feel like I could benefit from getting advice from other LGBT individuals with more life experience than me.

It's only recently occurred to me that I will likely be disowned by the majority of my family once they find out I'm trans if I end up pursuing medical transition (my family is extremely conservative and not LGBT-friendly, DEFINITELY not trans-friendly), and it's a really depressing and frightening thought. I'll be on my own with possibly nobody to help me, maybe even with no warning if i'm outed rather than me choosing to come out myself. What exactly do I do in situations such as this? Should I avoid being close with my family so the day I have to say goodbye hurts less? Are there any recommendations on what I should prepare for or where I should go when that time comes?

I would definitely google to see if there aren't any resources in your area to help you with this. Social groups, LGBTQ friendly communities, etc.

In general though, I would research and see if your area doesn't offer financial assistance or shelters, any kind of assistance programs that might be around, before making this leap. It might be a bit scary but you could look into finding out locals that would be willing to support you until you can get back onto your own feet.

I don't think you should distance yourself, especially if you enjoy their company. Maybe that awesome relationship is what makes them realize what an ass they've been this whole time? I feel like there's a chance you might end up distancing yourself from at least one person that doesn't actually give a darn that doesn't care what you do with your body.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."

On top of @TyraWadman 's generally good advice (that said, do be careful if you think family might be watching internet usage: Nothing like searching up "Local trans-supporting shelters" to immediately get questions), I will note that it can be difficult to predict exactly how family will react because there's two parts to it.

There's the first, immediate reaction. Then there's the one weeks, months, potentially even years afterwards. Often times it can be this second one that truly hits the hardest. Having a support group for both can be enormously helpful. That said, this also makes it hard to truly give long-term suggestions as...

Well: Coming out is complicated. Some will start off bad and get worse over time. Some will start off bad, slowly... think they are being better, but really just be less vicious about the first stage (Not wanting to mend ties with you, but with the "you" that exists in their head). Some genuinely will change for the better. You cannot guarantee any of these for anyone, no matter how likely one may or may not seem at first glance.

This is why support tends to be so helpful. Having control of the situation so you can decide when you want to share it.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi

While there isn't really a perfect answer for this, your family should be somebody you confide your secrets with because there is a level of trust nobody else has. I think you should keep being with them until you're older and you have the ability to take care of yourself before telling them if you're really worried about it. But this entire situation is a very sensitive one, and you gotta be able to look out for yourself.

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!

AAAAAAA I CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT ANYMORE I HATE SUMMER BRING BACK WINTER

MY PHONE SAYS IT'S ONLY 23°C WTF

I JUST WANNA GO BACK TO THE -10-10 RANGE WE GOT THROUGH WINTER

I-I can't stand it anymore, either! I can't stand this fucking DISTGUSTING Summer weather anymore!!

Even wearing the thinnest clothing I have, I'm STILL hot as hell! All windows are open, 4 fans running, it's STILL TOO FUCKING HOT!!

I can't even sleep at night, either! The humid air is so suffocating! Even now, it feels hard to breathe, I'd happily sleep outside if I could, the cool air is fucking gorgeous! If I had a proper back garden, I'd prop up a tent, and make sure the front has netting to stop the bugs, and happily sleep in the lovely cool air! If I could hibernate until Autumn/Winter, I WOULD at the drop of a hat! This rate, I'll have to have a shower every night before I go to bed, in order to release the disgusting heat within me, just so I'm nice and cool, so I can actually sleep!

My sleeping pattern is so fucked, even during the day I'm tired but I'm too hot to even nap...

The humid air at night is like, suffocating mega fold!

Plus I'm super pissed off I can't continue my project of Sprites VS. Statues because of this disgusting heatwave! I cannot focus, it's driving me insane! More Winter, less Summer! Plus I'm super allergic to sunlight, so I have to cover up my windows with like shower curtain-type cloth because of my skin condition! To hell with the heat!

quoting_mungo

I-I can't stand it anymore, either! I can't stand this fucking DISTGUSTING Summer weather anymore!!

Even wearing the thinnest clothing I have, I'm STILL hot as hell! All windows are open, 4 fans running, it's STILL TOO FUCKING HOT!!

I can't even sleep at night, either! The humid air is so suffocating! Even now, it feels hard to breathe, I'd happily sleep outside if I could, the cool air is fucking gorgeous! If I had a proper back garden, I'd prop up a tent, and make sure the front has netting to stop the bugs, and happily sleep in the lovely cool air! If I could hibernate until Autumn/Winter, I WOULD at the drop of a hat! This rate, I'll have to have a shower every night before I go to bed, in order to release the disgusting heat within me, just so I'm nice and cool, so I can actually sleep!

My sleeping pattern is so fucked, even during the day I'm tired but I'm too hot to even nap...

The humid air at night is like, suffocating mega fold!

Plus I'm super pissed off I can't continue my project of Sprites VS. Statues because of this disgusting heatwave! I cannot focus, it's driving me insane! More Winter, less Summer! Plus I'm super allergic to sunlight, so I have to cover up my windows with like shower curtain-type cloth because of my skin condition! To hell with the heat!
You have my sympathies! Boyfriend and I have discussed possibly getting me something like this thing if the heat gets bad this summer: https://www.zooplus.se/shop/hund/hundbaddar_korgar/kylfilta/917244
Is that something you might be able to do to keep yourself more comfortable?

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline

Khione Frostfang

We can't win. Q_Q

Tendo64

Cat With A Guitar
i really dont like the heat... *cries in floridian*
i feel ya. and when it's not hot outside, fuckin' palmetto bugs are getting into your house at night. why did florida get cursed with the worst roach in existence? WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE A ROACH THAT SPRAYED LIKE A SKUNK??

K

KibaTheWolf

i feel ya. and when it's not hot outside, fuckin' palmetto bugs are getting into your house at night. why did florida get cursed with the worst roach in existence? WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE A ROACH THAT SPRAYED LIKE A SKUNK??
AND THEYRE TERRIFYING! one time, i was sitting on my bed and i feel a tickle under my leg.... you can guess what that was... ;wwwwwwwwwwww;

T

the sleepiest kitty

I live in NY, but it is literally boiling hot outside. You think living near Canada means cooler weather, right? Wrong! And I used to love summer too. Nighttime bonfires, BBQs, my summer birthday, swimming at the city beach, waterparks; it's not the same when I can't even go outside without feeling like my skin is being fried off of my body. I had to walk two blocks to the store, which used to be fine during the summer. But it was horrible this time. It felt like I was in a giant sauna.

Khione Frostfang

AND THEYRE TERRIFYING! one time, i was sitting on my bed and i feel a tickle under my leg.... you can guess what that was... ;wwwwwwwwwwww;
Fuck that, I would of bolted out the room and grab a weapon! Roaches are fucking nasty, I used to have them kept going in/out of an air event I had above my bed, it was so awful, plus they don't bloody die easy, either! Nya! Nasty!

If even a slight touch of sun touches my skin, it'll turn red quickly, and then I'm in risk of breaking out into a nasty rash, that the itching is torture, it can take hours for it to stop, plus it's spreading even more all over. FML!

K

KibaTheWolf

Fuck that, I would of bolted out the room and grab a weapon! Roaches are fucking nasty, I used to have them kept going in/out of an air event I had above my bed, it was so awful, plus they don't bloody die easy, either! Nya! Nasty!

If even a slight touch of sun touches my skin, it'll turn red quickly, and then I'm in risk of breaking out into a nasty rash, that the itching is torture, it can take hours for it to stop, plus it's spreading even more all over. FML!
i have dyshidrotic eczema, so i feel your pain.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
Texas has them, too. And it's Texas so they're the size of housecats.

That being said, Florida has a wonderfully horrid range of scary insects. North Carolina doesn't tend to have the giant roaches but there are these really creepy things that look like they belong in a cave. And apparently they can bite. They move so fast...
AR-312169797.jpg

Khione Frostfang

That being said, Florida has a wonderfully horrid range of scary insects. North Carolina doesn't tend to have the giant roaches but there are these really creepy things that look like they belong in a cave. And apparently they can bite. They move so fast...
Bleh! Fucking nasty!! I suffer from keratosis pilaris, and rosacea of the face, plus the KP has spread further, where before it was just on my arms and legs, now it's spread to my chest, my scalp, it spreading like wildfire on my right arm, not so nuts on my left arm, it's already on my legs, I think it's slowly spreading to my face, and my back.

It's still so fucking hot here, feels like I'm boiling to death....

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child

Ah yes. The thing that used to be in every apartment I rented in Ontario.

They like to hide in the darkness. I have black hair. One morning I woke up with one of these dudes just clinging to the wall staring where my head was resting. Any closer and he could have given me a kiss Goodnight.

Your easiest defense against these dudes is just turning on a light. They'll run. Just make sure they don't try to hide in your shadow. XD