• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Tennet_G

Obsessive one.
Therapy homework is hard. Wow. I hate homework but this is harder than writing a college paper. I'd rather have my peer reviewed sources in a 10 page argumentative essay coupled with a whole presentation.

quoting_mungo

Therapy homework is hard. Wow. I hate homework but this is harder than writing a college paper. I'd rather have my peer reviewed sources in a 10 page argumentative essay coupled with a whole presentation.
I hear you there, and you 200% have my sympathy. The worst I've had was probably being asked to think about (and make a list of) the things my mental illness has robbed me of. I did it, but I was an absolute wreck for it, and I don't really think it did me any favors.

Tennet_G

Obsessive one.
I hear you there, and you 200% have my sympathy. The worst I've had was probably being asked to think about (and make a list of) the things my mental illness has robbed me of. I did it, but I was an absolute wreck for it, and I don't really think it did me any favors.
That's rough. I had a simple prompt and I keep breaking down over it. It makes me wonder if I skipped a few grades of therapy class or something.

quoting_mungo

That's rough. I had a simple prompt and I keep breaking down over it. It makes me wonder if I skipped a few grades of therapy class or something.
I can understand that it may feel like you missed something. "I should be able to do this, why am I not managing?" is something I know I struggle with a lot. It's okay to feel that therapy homework is overwhelming. All you can do is the best you can, and if that best isn't a "full answer," it's okay to tell your therapist it was all you managed to do because it's having X and Y effect on you. Just because it feels like a simple prompt at a glance doesn't mean answering it is as straightforward as your brain is telling you it is. Your therapist probably expected it to be at least a little bit difficult (because, in general, therapy is hard).

Tennet_G

Obsessive one.
I can understand that it may feel like you missed something. "I should be able to do this, why am I not managing?" is something I know I struggle with a lot. It's okay to feel that therapy homework is overwhelming. All you can do is the best you can, and if that best isn't a "full answer," it's okay to tell your therapist it was all you managed to do because it's having X and Y effect on you. Just because it feels like a simple prompt at a glance doesn't mean answering it is as straightforward as your brain is telling you it is. Your therapist probably expected it to be at least a little bit difficult (because, in general, therapy is hard).
if I wanted to pay money for a hard time, I may as well go back to college. That is an attempt at humor. But yeah, it's hard. It feels like poking straight at my weakpoint.

quoting_mungo

if I wanted to pay money for a hard time, I may as well go back to college. That is an attempt at humor. But yeah, it's hard. It feels like poking straight at my weakpoint.
That's always rough. Just try to be as kind to yourself as you can about struggling with it. You got this!

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I think I would be a good online professor.
*copy & paste course curriculum*
*insert canned comments*
*go on vacation for the rest of the week*
*grade papers from my phone*

Incidentally, I provide tuition to undergraduate students. The amount of time I put in to designing work for them, and critiquing their efforts, I'm basically losing money by doing it.
I kinda feel I have to put the extra mile in for them since they're all stuck at home avoiding the virus, though.

quoting_mungo

I got bad news about my dog and it’s really made me depressed. His kidneys are failing (and one has a mass) and the doctor thinks he has about 6 months. Maybe a year if we are lucky.
Oh no; I'm so sorry! That sucks! I got news earlier this year (on my birthday >.<) that my cats' kidneys are going downhill, but at least they should have a good few years on them still on a renal diet. That's so sad! Give your pupper lots of love and make lots of happy memories with him!

Nexus Cabler

Part-time Vault Hunter
I got bad news about my dog and it’s really made me depressed. His kidneys are failing (and one has a mass) and the doctor thinks he has about 6 months. Maybe a year if we are lucky.
I know this painful feeling all too well. Like what mungo said, it’s important you give him as much love and attention as you can, and make his last years as comfortable and happy as possible.

Erix

>‿‿◕
Sorry to hear that Kuro, that must’ve been so tough to hear :c

I can’t understand to the full extent how that must feel as I’ve never had a full long-term pet before, but I’d imagine it’s like losing a good friend which is never a nice sight to see.

I hate and love this one quote a lot, I think it was from Dr. Seuss: “don’t be sad it’s gone, smile because it happened” or something along those lines. It’s sad that you know they’ll be going away soon, but at least you know now and don’t have to be as hurt if they were to leave out of the blue. At least you’ve gone and had a great experience with them, as I’m guessing that your feelings toward the whole situation is a reflection of how much you cared for your pet.

I hope for the remainder of your pets’ days, you make sure to give em lots of love and care, tho I’m sure you already are.

Take care, stay strong, and give your pet a few smiles yeah?

RagingHuntress

Sleepy Snow Leopardess
Sorry to hear that Kuro, that must’ve been so tough to hear :c

I can’t understand to the full extent how that must feel as I’ve never had a full long-term pet before, but I’d imagine it’s like losing a good friend which is never a nice sight to see.

I hate and love this one quote a lot, I think it was from Dr. Seuss: “don’t be sad it’s gone, smile because it happened” or something along those lines. It’s sad that you know they’ll be going away soon, but at least you know now and don’t have to be as hurt if they were to leave out of the blue. At least you’ve gone and had a great experience with them, as I’m guessing that your feelings toward the whole situation is a reflection of how much you cared for your pet.

I hope for the remainder of your pets’ days, you make sure to give em lots of love and care, tho I’m sure you already are.

Take care, stay strong, and give your pet a few smiles yeah?
It's never easy, I've been down that route almost half my life, with my cats. It's hard losing a family member after so long, I've been in the same paws, but always know you gave him the best life possible, that he'll know how loved he is. Be safe, and take care, Kuro.

I really wish the British weather would make up it's fucking mind, already. One moment it's lovely and cool with a beautiful breeze, then it warms up, but cools down again... I hate UK Summers.

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
It's never easy, I've been down that route almost half my life, with my cats. It's hard losing a family member after so long, I've been in the same paws, but always know you gave him the best life possible, that he'll know how loved he is. Be safe, and take care, Kuro.

I really wish the British weather would make up it's fucking mind, already. One moment it's lovely and cool with a beautiful breeze, then it warms up, but cools down again... I hate UK Summers.
It's been quite cool this morning and I am LOVING IT

RagingHuntress

Sleepy Snow Leopardess
It's been quite cool this morning and I am LOVING IT
Same, the breeze that comes through is a blessing. Shame it won't stay like it, as we're in a shitty Summer month... I wish I was born in the Winter, not Summer.

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
Same, the breeze that comes through is a blessing. Shame it won't stay like it, as we're in a shitty Summer month... I wish I was born in the Winter, not Summer.
My birthday is at the very tail end of Summer (Early September). It's usually cooled down enough by then. Last year to celebrate I went to visit St Abbs - it's a small, picturesque fishing town an hour east of my parent's house. They filmed Thor's depression scenes in Avengers: Endgame there.

RagingHuntress

Sleepy Snow Leopardess
Mine's in July, I was originally due in October, but I came 3 months early due to complications.

Super hate artist's block, can't seem to know WHAT I want to do.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Ever had salty coffee? had water cut for 36 hours because they're doing construction work downstairs and forgot to put it back on after they left; I saved any water I could to help with this. Including a pot of water I had boiled for lunch the day before but ended up not using. But I did salt it. Then this water somehow got into the coffee pot due to morning logic. And voilà.
It wasn't undrinkable, probably due to morning logic. But it did taste pretty bad.

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
Seeing family members who were once conservative and functional, and worked as a unit, changing their ideology and creating friction and disorder amongst relatives and such really fucking kills me. I'm glad I'm some of the few people in my family who can think without much social media influence.