• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
Sounds pretty nasty, I hate waaaay too sweet coffee, as I've not touched sugar in a long time, it makes my stomach turn a dozen times. I do like strong coffee but not black.

Khione Frostfang

Seeing family members who were once conservative and functional, and worked as a unit, changing their ideology and creating friction and disorder amongst relatives and such really fucking kills me. I'm glad I'm some of the few people in my family who can think without much social media influence.
Sadly, this is the influence of social media where people clearly cannot think for their fucking selves. I wish social media would fuck off if I'm honest, nothing but drama and bullshit.

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
Sadly, this is the influence of social media where people clearly cannot think for their fucking selves. I wish social media would fuck off if I'm honest, nothing but drama and bullshit.
15 years ago and more, there was some degree of order in my family, then society changed and so did my family's way of thinking, and many people I used to talk to for the matter. It really is like a new cult, in the sense that it leads people to believe that it's completely good for them, but dismantles different parts of their very nature and fundamental being through little changes and indoctrination.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Seeing family members who were once conservative and functional, and worked as a unit, changing their ideology and creating friction and disorder amongst relatives and such really fucking kills me. I'm glad I'm some of the few people in my family who can think without much social media influence.
Why bring up politics in this thread again?

Ever had salty coffee? had water cut for 36 hours because they're doing construction work downstairs and forgot to put it back on after they left; I saved any water I could to help with this. Including a pot of water I had boiled for lunch the day before but ended up not using. But I did salt it. Then this water somehow got into the coffee pot due to morning logic. And voilà.
It wasn't undrinkable, probably due to morning logic. But it did taste pretty bad.

I reckon salt in Coffee is probably a thing in the Netherlands. They'll put salt in licorice there.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
This is a vent thread, when something affects you a lot, especially within a topic that is hard to avoid, I believe I can word it in some way possible without bringing that very word up.

The internet has corrupted my once innocent and well-functioning, pure conservative family.

....what has happened to them is terrible.

There is no redemption for what they have become. There is no hope. They cannot go back.

They've become...

They're become...

Furries

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
I reckon salt in Coffee is probably a thing in the Netherlands. They'll put salt in licorice there.
Salt licorice is awesomesauce tho.

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
My phone fell down into my brothers sofa. It somehow went deep inside the thing. We had to dissect the sofa to get it out because it was practically inside like it got absorbed in the fabric.

Who builds furniture like this?

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
We have a couch that has that same problem It very annoying.
I regret having it on vibrate when I lost it too. We kept struggling to find where it was located, cause the couch was so screwed up in design that it kept moving to new spots somehow. 7 missed calls when I found it, covered in dust and possibly crumbs.

I suggested burning the whole couch, but it's my brothers, so he gets to decide the things fate.

Khione Frostfang

XD Hahaha, sounds like the couch was another dimension shit, I've lost so much shit over the years, as I do believe in another dimension, I'm weird, I know.

Reminds me of the days my late brother would toss the old PCs we had out his bedroom window, we had a few Windows 95/98 PCs, hell he even tossed out the dead printers and monitors, fun times. I wouldn't of minded, but when it was winter, he'd fuck off indoors and leave me to clear up HIS mess!

Having a mental fight with arist's block, is like trying to take down a brick wall with a rusty nail.

Khione Frostfang

the sleepiest kitty

FAF'S #1 shrimp goblin.
Wha? Why would she do that? That's cruel.
She wanted to move to be with her boyfriend (who she left a year after and moved back to the city she left) because she was being evicted. But, my uncle offered to let her move in with my cat. But after she decided to be with her bf instead, my uncle said no to taking care of my cat. I lived in a supported apartment program and they don't allow pets; not even emotional support pets with a note (I asked). I asked many people to help me, but they all said no. My mom ended up having to give him to this older lady who's other cat recently passed away of old age.

M

ManicTherapsid

I haven't worked at my part time job in over a month and I'm still getting pay subs and work emails. And I thought taking a week for them to respond to my resignation email was bad.

Anyways, speaking of social media. Anyone else notice that the more selfies a couple posts together the closer they are to breaking up?

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
@quoting_mungo @Nexus Cabler @Erix @RagingHuntress

Thank you all so much for your response and support.

This isn't my first rodeo with this kind of thing... I had a Bichon who lived to be over 18 years old. (18!!). That dog was magical, I swear... this was a time before the internet and when things weren't widely known.. like "don't feed your dog chocolate." We used to give him chocolate ice cream all the time. And a few times, someone left out a chocolate bar and he ate the whole thing. He was attacked by a monster of a German Shepard dog and the bite was 2cm from puncturing something vital. He also had his stomach flip, which required surgery. When he was a puppy, he got lost in the large city of Houston, was found and returned. Years later, he was left by my grandmother by accident at a bank. Luckily, he had his tag on with our phone number. Then, on his last Christmas when he was blind, deaf, and didn't move much, he decided to wander out the front door and travel down the main road. We spent hours in the dark in the rain looking for him, and the cops were called on us who ended up helping us find him. (Someone had picked him up to take home to get cleaned).

I got him when I was 5 in first grade. He was my best friend and I had him all through college, when I was up working on projects at 3am he was there keeping me company. That Bichon died in my arms a month after I graduated college. I always feel like he was like "Okay, I did my job. I got you through it all. I can let you go now."

This dog I have now is barely 8 and I just thought I would have more time with him, like I did with Max.

But yes. I have been, and will continue to give him more and more snuggles, cuddles, healthy treats, walks, kisses, take even more pictures, and try to mentally document all the precious moments. Which, really, is probably what we all should do all through life with everything we care about. The day-to-day just tends to get in the way, doesn't it?

Khione Frostfang

She wanted to move to be with her boyfriend (who she left a year after and moved back to the city she left) because she was being evicted. But, my uncle offered to let her move in with my cat. But after she decided to be with her bf instead, my uncle said no to taking care of my cat. I lived in a supported apartment program and they don't allow pets; not even emotional support pets with a note (I asked). I asked many people to help me, but they all said no. My mom ended up having to give him to this older lady who's other cat recently passed away of old age.
That is major bullshit and unfair. Seriously support/help pets should be allowed, mostly for those who have medical conditions that could be fatal without medical intervention, I hope you'll get back on your paws, Kitty.

the sleepiest kitty

FAF'S #1 shrimp goblin.
That is major bullshit and unfair. Seriously support/help pets should be allowed, mostly for those who have medical conditions that could be fatal without medical intervention, I hope you'll get back on your paws, Kitty.
Thank you
My mom doesn't have contact with her, and even if she did, I can't get him back. So, when I move in a few months, I am planning on going to the local SPCA to adopt an adult cat, preferably older because they get adopted less than younger cats. I really would like a cat, because I have anxiety and related issues. Cats have always made me feel so much better and feel so happy.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
I would feel, that. I don't think I ever felt as irredeemably foolish, as I had in the past, two months. I could not come to terms about how stupid I felt, making that relationships thread, then me having a break up not long after. I think that hit my pride quite badly, my self confidence at this juncture is still kind of shot. I feel very naive and foolish, spent a lot of time just feeling bad for myself. Feeling mopey and unappreciated. I don't think the latter is warranted, but it's been hard to not feel that way.

I often wonder if it was simply because my flaws were to great to bear, that I was just, a bit too much. I don't know, but it's eating me up inside. I'm considerably more sensitive than I let on. I've been crumbling from the inside, feeling rather hollow at times. I'm not sure what to do. It's been a slow recovery so far, the progress coming in very small increments. I see how I was, not long ago. I guess I wonder if or when I'll return to how I was before all this happened.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I would feel, that. I don't think I ever felt as irredeemably foolish, as I had in the past, two months. I could not come to terms about how stupid I felt, making that relationships thread, then me having a break up not long after. I think that hit my pride quite badly, my self confidence at this juncture is still kind of shot. I feel very naive and foolish, spent a lot of time just feeling bad for myself. Feeling mopey and unappreciated. I don't think the latter is warranted, but it's been hard to not feel that way.

I often wonder if it was simply because my flaws were to great to bear, that I was just, a bit too much. I don't know, but it's eating me up inside. I'm considerably more sensitive than I let on. I've been crumbling from the inside, feeling rather hollow at times. I'm not sure what to do. It's been a slow recovery so far, the progress coming in very small increments. I see how I was, not long ago. I guess I wonder if or when I'll return to how I was before all this happened.
*hugs you super tightly*

Break ups are rough, being vulnerable to somebody to be in a relationship is hard, but having those two together makes it even harder. To care for one is to be so vulnerable that you two are one. If you get with somebody you care about that break up is hard, and its easy to feel like you're not worth it. I feel like that alll the time, not good enough, not able to do what I need, I think people should hate me, but they dont seem too. You just have to keep being your awesome charming self and somebody who is good enough for you will come along, I know it doesn't seem like that now, but there is somebody out there for you, somebody just as awesome and quirky that gets along with you and you two complete one another. Welove ya friend to bits *Smooch*

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
*hugs you super tightly*

Break ups are rough, being vulnerable to somebody to be in a relationship is hard, but having those two together makes it even harder. To care for one is to be so vulnerable that you two are one. If you get with somebody you care about that break up is hard, and its easy to feel like you're not worth it. I feel like that alll the time, not good enough, not able to do what I need, I think people should hate me, but they dont seem too. You just have to keep being your awesome charming self and somebody who is good enough for you will come along, I know it doesn't seem like that now, but there is somebody out there for you, somebody just as awesome and quirky that gets along with you and you two complete one another. Welove ya friend to bits *Smooch*
*hugs* Thank you Ssaanttoo, that's awfully kind of you. Thanks for being so supportive. It's nice to get such glowing positivity. Hard not to appreciate how upbeat you are. :D

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
*hugs* Thank you Ssaanttoo, that's awfully kind of you. Thanks for being so supportive. It's nice to get such glowing positivity. Hard not to appreciate how upbeat you are. :D
I certainly try my best. But anything for you lovely peoples, you're a great person, even if you cant see it right now. Anything for you :3

*Hugs again*

Go get em tiger!