• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
Went out with friends today.

One of them had a seizure mid-conversation with me, whilst we were clothes shopping

He just started choking despite us not having got anything to eat yet and we all started panicking.

Fortunately it wasn't very long. The manager closed off the section we were in for 15 minutes whilst he recovered and offered to call an ambulance (friend declined)

He's okay now but it was a scary moment, and apparently it isn't even that uncommon - he had one in the morning before we met up too. So that's worrying.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi

One of them had a seizure mid-conversation with me, whilst we were clothes shopping

He just started choking despite us not having got anything to eat yet and we all started panicking.

Fortunately it wasn't very long. The manager closed off the section we were in for 15 minutes whilst he recovered and offered to call an ambulance (friend declined)

He's okay now but it was a scary moment, and apparently it isn't even that uncommon - he had one in the morning before we met up too. So that's worrying.
Emergencies are always a scary thing that tests us. After my brother dislocated his leg I got first aid and CPR certified just to be safe. While we can never stop freak accidents from happening we can always do our best to mitigate the risks involved if we're prepared.

11thHourSuperPower

Banned
Banned
Several days ago, I was writing a journal on FurAffinity about my admission and I've pretend to be a pedophile in order to escape from that hate site called Kiwi Farms. One of the Kiwi Farm users approached in a calm manner and I was telling them if I can tell the staff about it. They answered yes so when I'm about to tell the staff about that journal, someone (probably another one that supports Kiwi Farms) reported my journal and I've got permanently banned from saying that I'm a pedophile in a severe way.

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!

Hoping your friend is okay, and sending you a dozen hugs!

The humid air won't fuck right off! It's really giving me headaches! o_O

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child

I don't know if you're familiar with this kinda stuff but I remember something like 'if it lasts more than 8 seconds, call an ambulance' but if not, don't bother.

But definitely check with them first. I met someone who has been living with it all his life and he can't stand paying the ambulance bills. I believe the 8 second mark is where it can become life or death. My memory is fuzzy on those specifics but I just wanted to mention it in case you wanna look into it/be more prepared next time.

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty

I don't know if you're familiar with this kinda stuff but I remember something like 'if it lasts more than 8 seconds, call an ambulance' but if not, don't bother.

But definitely check with them first. I met someone who has been living with it all his life and he can't stand paying the ambulance bills. I believe the 8 second mark is where it can become life or death. My memory is fuzzy on those specifics but I just wanted to mention it in case you wanna look into it/be more prepared next time.
Fortunately because NHS the bill won't be an issue, but otherwise I'll bear that in mind in the future

Khione Frostfang

*Screams her spots off*

I seriously can't take this heatwave anymore! It feels so suffocating, even just breathing, I'm suffocating, it's TOO HOT!

I can't even sleep at night, because the air is so humid, it's driving me crazy! I want this heatwave to END! TT_TT o_O

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
*Screams her spots off*

I seriously can't take this heatwave anymore! It feels so suffocating, even just breathing, I'm suffocating, it's TOO HOT!

I can't even sleep at night, because the air is so humid, it's driving me crazy! I want this heatwave to END! TT_TT o_O
*Rolls eyes*

Fine!

*Blows on you again*

Khione Frostfang

I already have 4 fans running!

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf

Khione Frostfang

Gah, I need to move somewhere cold....

And thanks ArenaNet (Anet)for ruining my main character of 15/16 years, ya bastards!

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
Great....

My sister is having suicidal thoughts again.

Khione Frostfang

Great....

My sister is having suicidal thoughts again.
Oh fuck's sake, as if you don't have enough to deal with, by sounds of it. Can't she seek someone to help?

I do hope she's not doing it for attention or emotional blackmail? I have a cousin who has used emotional blackmail to his own Mother if he couldn't get what he wanted, because I had an Uncle who hung himself when I was very young so I have no memory of him, so my cousin knows what it did to my Mother and her sister (my Aunt), and he's used that in the past as blackmail, I hope she does get the help she needs, best of luck, Yakamaru.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

Wish your friend the best.

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
Oh fuck's sake, as if you don't have enough to deal with, by sounds of it. Can't she seek someone to help?

I do hope she's not doing it for attention or emotional blackmail? I have a cousin who has used emotional blackmail to his own Mother if he couldn't get what he wanted, because I had an Uncle who hung himself when I was very young so I have no memory of him, so my cousin knows what it did to my Mother and her sister (my Aunt), and he's used that in the past as blackmail, I hope she does get the help she needs, best of luck, Yakamaru.
Reason is our mom. She's a real piece of shit, that one. If it wasn't using emotional and psychological manipulation and terror in the house for years on end it's using material goods to try and get on your good side, or other manipulative crap. Tried buying me a car twice, using them as manipulation leverage for favours. I can smell that crap from miles away and is one of the reasons I moved out back in 2011. It was a drop in a glass already full when she literally tried to push a god damn fraudulent housing contract on me over a year ago back in April.

My sister was nearly driven to suicide twice because of mom and her utterly insane crap. Had to see a psychiatrist for years on end and still need a reference for more to get over all the issues our mom have caused. And she have the fucking audacity to say "get over it, it was years ago" when she literally fucking invited my sister's rapist over for bloody coffee and vodka. What in the actual fuck was she thinking? She threatened to throw me out of the family too for daring to take my sister's side, having to stay at my apartment for about a week because of literally not feeling safe there whatsoever. And when confronted about it? "It was shortsighted". Not even a fucking iota of remorse, no shame, no guilt whatsoever.

And that's.. just the tip of the iceberg with this utter lunatic. I despise my mom with a passion. If I could replace her with someone actually sane and not an insufferable piece of utter shit I'd gladly do so. Unfortunately the best thing I can do is join my two younger sisters and throw her out of the family. If she does anything stupid we have no option but to talk with the rest of the extended family about her.. shenanigans. Last resort would probably to go to court.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
Reason is our mom. She's a real piece of shit, that one. If it wasn't using emotional and psychological manipulation and terror in the house for years on end it's using material goods to try and get on your good side, or other manipulative crap. Tried buying me a car twice, using them as manipulation leverage for favours. I can smell that crap from miles away and is one of the reasons I moved out back in 2011. It was a drop in a glass already full when she literally tried to push a god damn fraudulent housing contract on me over a year ago back in April.

My sister was nearly driven to suicide twice because of mom and her utterly insane crap. Had to see a psychiatrist for years on end and still need a reference for more to get over all the issues our mom have caused. And she have the fucking audacity to say "get over it, it was years ago" when she literally fucking invited my sister's rapist over for bloody coffee and vodka. What in the actual fuck was she thinking? She threatened to throw me out of the family too for daring to take my sister's side, having to stay at my apartment for about a week because of literally not feeling safe there whatsoever. And when confronted about it? "It was shortsighted". Not even a fucking iota of remorse, no shame, no guilt whatsoever.

And that's.. just the tip of the iceberg with this utter lunatic. I despise my mom with a passion. If I could replace her with someone actually sane and not an insufferable piece of utter shit I'd gladly do so. Unfortunately the best thing I can do is join my two younger sisters and throw her out of the family. If she does anything stupid we have no option but to talk with the rest of the extended family about her.. shenanigans. Last resort would probably to go to court.
Damn. I feel so sorry that you and your sister have to live like that. I'm not qualified to help but you have my sympathy.

TyraWadman

Well either my mom was reading my mind or she's secretly stalking me online. >_>
I wish I knew how to tell my mother off politely. She just decided on my way to work that she'd ask where I planned to move between NB and Ontario, like I had spent years looking at houses or had job offers lined up or something. On top of that she suggested I could rent out a room in the house I buy to help pay it off.

Still only having minimum wage qualifications, I cannot find a house that was intended for someone like me. Even a two bedroom house is over 100k. I can't afford to pay a 1k mortgage and bills AND still have money left over to eat. I don't have a car or my license yet to guarantee I'll even make it to and from where I work. If I rented out the room, I would need to pay to take a course and have to I best in things like insurance.

Please fuck off. I am not going to put myself into 30 years of debt just because you are tired of seeing me every day. I pay the rent you ask of me. I walk your dog. I do chores without having to be asked. I haven't done anything to breach the terms we agreed upon.

You spent half of your life hopping from one idea to the next and none of them have followed through. So why can't I choose to pace myself in a way that allows me to accomplish all of these WITHOUT sacrificing what tiny fraction of a soul I have left?

Having this conversation set the tone for my whole day and I was trying so hard not to cry with frustration. Angry little me was thinking before this 'you know what, if something shitty happens, I'm not gonna ask for help again because it always ends up with her trying to move me out when life circumstances are clearly NOT in my favor'. I was tired of 'okay, you've overstayed your welcome, leave the nest please' only to end up struggling at another minimum wage paying job, having something shitty go down with work or my landlord, and then having to constantly wonder if I'm gonna be poor and on my own again, because they think I'm intentionally slacking off or that I'm being jaded or pessimistic when I've LITERALLY GONE THROUGH IT THREE TIMES NOW.

Just the other night she knocked on my door to pitch an idea of buying the cheapest Condo she can find in NB and I'd basically pay it off. It's still a few years down the road before that happens, but the fact that she pitched it was shocking. She suspects she'll be posted outside of Canada fairly soon, and was worried I'd be on the streets if something happened while she was away.

The idea is still scary because it would be a part of NB I've never been to before, but they damn well have a lot more than the capital, where I used to live. I wouldn't have any actual time to see the place before she buys it, I don't know how to navigate the town. It'd just be me getting dropped in a new place, but I'd at least have the reassurance of keeping a roof over my head.

I'm still kinda suspicious that none of this will actually happen/follow through, but I have to wait another 1-2 years to see what happens.

Erix

>‿‿◕
Dam, she kinda sounds like my mom unfortunately, buying shit to get on your good side then using that as leverage for manipulation, I can actually feel your fuckin pain. Everytime I argue with my mom it’s “oh who pays for this house?! Who pays for the food on the table?! I go to work everyday for so long....” not kidding when I say it ALWAYS circles back to that dumb shit. Sometimes I just want to leave for a long time, and not look back. Obviously there’s more to it, but this is about you Yakamaru so I’ll vent more about it perhaps later c:

EXCUSE ME?! DID I HEAR THAT CORRECTLY?!

over it, it was years ago" when she literally fucking invited my sister's rapist over for bloody coffee and vodka. What in the actual fuck was she thinking? She threatened to throw me out of the family too for daring to take my sister's side
What the actual fuck.

Dude, I would think my moms bad but not THAT bad, at least hopefully holy shit. Your moms got a screw loose.

“It was years ago” SO WHAT??? God dam this line is all I need to know about her character in this situation. Absolute garbage.

You. invited. A. Rapist.

Oh shoot let me correct myself for a sec, your DAUGHTER’s rapist out for a lil coffee and voldka. What the hell is wrong with you??

She also threatening you to throw you out for taking your sisters side on this situation?! and she even acknowledges it was bad what she did??
And when confronted about it? "It was shortsighted". Not even a fucking iota of remorse, no shame, no guilt whatsoever.

Make it make sense dude. “Shortsighted” my fuckin ass, wasn’t that obvious from the start? That’s all you have to say on this situation? What a joke. Two faced hoe, I can already tell right now, I don’t vibe with that shit.

I’m sorry you actually have to deal with that kinda shit Yakamaru, I hope you and your sis can get yourself out of your moms circle ASAP.

Khione Frostfang

It's a real shitty life to live with a narcissistic parent, it really is. I know the feeling, I had a cousin who was raped during her school celebration party at her own home she shared with one of my cousins, she was 16, so I can feel the pain. Some parents shouldn't be allowed to breed in my opinion, I'm truly wishing the best for your sister, and you, Yaka.

TyraWadman

APPARENTLY THERE'S GONNA BE ANOTHER OUTAGE TODAY IN 15 MINUTES AND I DIDN'T KNOW AND ITS MY DAY OFF AND IT SUCKS CAUSE I HAVE TO OPEN TOMORROW SO IT'LL PROBABLY BE DOWN FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT reeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I didn't even get to drawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Erix

>‿‿◕
APPARENTLY THERE'S GONNA BE ANOTHER OUTAGE TODAY IN 15 MINUTES AND I DIDN'T KNOW AND ITS MY DAY OFF AND IT SUCKS CAUSE I HAVE TO OPEN TOMORROW SO IT'LL PROBABLY BE DOWN FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT reeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I didn't even get to drawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Dang Tyra, if I didn’t know any better, I would think you lookin kinda like this rn

264F1208-BBD6-4406-8D3A-F25243837BDF.jpeg

hehehe