• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
APPARENTLY THERE'S GONNA BE ANOTHER OUTAGE TODAY IN 15 MINUTES AND I DIDN'T KNOW AND ITS MY DAY OFF AND IT SUCKS CAUSE I HAVE TO OPEN TOMORROW SO IT'LL PROBABLY BE DOWN FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT reeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I didn't even get to drawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

At least you don't have trees randomly falling on your powerlines and making it out all day, days after it rained and without warning.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
At least you don't have trees randomly falling on your powerlines and making it out all day, days after it rained and without warning.
The town recently scheduled day-long outages last month.
Two days ago some dumbass left the back of the dump truck up and snagged a line that only blacked out my part of the neighborhood.

I live in a town that relies on FB to advertise their stores.

Its super sucky and outdated here )8<

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
The town recently scheduled day-long outages last month.
Two days ago some dumbass left the back of the dump truck up and snagged a line that only blacked out my part of the neighborhood.

I live in a town that relies on FB to advertise their stores.

Its super sucky and outdated here )8<

Town? What town? I live in the woods. XD

But I understand how power outages can be a pain.

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
Skimping cream?? That should be a bloody crime!

Keep waking up with searing headaches, it super sucks.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Nabisco sucks. They are skimping on the cream of my Double Stuf Oreo cookies. I mean, there was as much cream in them as the ORIGINAL Oreo cookies used to have. The original Oreo Double Stuf cookies were big, fat things.

Sigh.
Would the old Double Stuf cookies be the size of what are currently "The Most Stuf" by any chance?

Regrettably, I can't exactly have Oreos much anymore as they don't sell convenience-sized portions of their gluten-free variant.

Weird tangent about the gluten thing - about a week after I figured out my issues, I wound up having to eat a slice of pizza at a game night. Not proper peer pressure (as one of the others there put it, I "had to stay in character" - and they said this after I'D made the comments about why I was reluctant, in a way that was almost strictly about comprehension. These were not bad people), but covering up issues regardless.

Turns out my next doctor's appointment was a week later, and me having that slice of pizza and all the gluten it entails actually lets my doctor test for gluten antibodies. So we can find out if I'm full-blown celiac or just plain gluten-sensitive.

I USUALLY don't recommend ever masking health issues or sensitivities in any form (and I don't tend to agree with social reasons for masking this stuff or neurological conditions as I have a lot of disrespect for most of "modern" society anyway), but this is one of the rare times where masking actually paid off.

I think the thing that maddens me the most about gluten issues is that, at least if my doctor's claims are true, there's no mitigating supplement the way there is for lactose issues. Losing out on being able to go to almost every restaurant where I can actually enjoy the food is actually a fairly minor issue, I just REALLY was hoping for an emergency stopgap if I'm at a party or a guest at someone's house and can't get away from it.

We use wheat WAY too much in modern society.

quoting_mungo

I think the thing that maddens me the most about gluten issues is that, at least if my doctor's claims are true, there's no mitigating supplement the way there is for lactose issues. Losing out on being able to go to almost every restaurant where I can actually enjoy the food is actually a fairly minor issue, I just REALLY was hoping for an emergency stopgap if I'm at a party or a guest at someone's house and can't get away from it.
I don't have experience with other forms of gluten sensitivity, but I have a friend and a cousin with celiac, and their experiences look very different. My cousin can't have (or at least this used to be true, I don't think she's exactly tried pushing it as an adult) an otherwise gluten-free sauce that's been stirred with the same utensil as a sauce with flour. My friend says he can have about one regular pizza a month and be fine (he really doesn't like gluten-free pizza). Hopefully you're at the lighter end of that scale so emergency "eat as little of the gluten-containing portion of the meal as possible" might work for you.

My cousin's family would bring her own bread and/or dessert (cookies etc) when they were invited over to places, when she still lived at home, and I believe she might still do that for at least bread as needed. Maybe that can be an option for you? (Asking ahead about food being served and trying to bring alternatives to the bits that contain gluten for yourself. If anyone takes offense to you taking responsibility for your food sensitivity like that, they're buttheads and can just stuff it.)

Do you have some specific kind of food or pastries that you enjoy/don't like, or other food sensitivities? If you'd like I can see if I have any recipes you might like in my collection. Since I know people with celiac I've accumulated some recipes specifically suitable for gluten-free diets. (I know offhand I have a couple of chicken recipes and a muffin recipe that are absolutely marvelous.)

Khione Frostfang

So sleepy... Fuck this weather, I'm sick of it.

I hate feeling so tired, where I feel bored out of my skull, it's so annoying.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
I-I can't stand it anymore, either! I can't stand this fucking DISTGUSTING Summer weather anymore!!

Even wearing the thinnest clothing I have, I'm STILL hot as hell! All windows are open, 4 fans running, it's STILL TOO FUCKING HOT!!

I can't even sleep at night, either! The humid air is so suffocating! Even now, it feels hard to breathe, I'd happily sleep outside if I could, the cool air is fucking gorgeous! If I had a proper back garden, I'd prop up a tent, and make sure the front has netting to stop the bugs, and happily sleep in the lovely cool air! If I could hibernate until Autumn/Winter, I WOULD at the drop of a hat! This rate, I'll have to have a shower every night before I go to bed, in order to release the disgusting heat within me, just so I'm nice and cool, so I can actually sleep!

My sleeping pattern is so fucked, even during the day I'm tired but I'm too hot to even nap...

The humid air at night is like, suffocating mega fold!

Plus I'm super pissed off I can't continue my project of Sprites VS. Statues because of this disgusting heatwave! I cannot focus, it's driving me insane! More Winter, less Summer! Plus I'm super allergic to sunlight, so I have to cover up my windows with like shower curtain-type cloth because of my skin condition! To hell with the heat!
Mood....
I'm happy down to about -20°C, anything above around 15° and I'm just 'All the nope!'

Khione Frostfang

I'm only happy when it's freezing cold, hell I'm happy when it's freezing my tits off cold.

Khione Frostfang

*Waving a white flag with her paws*

I give, I give! This humid air is suffocating... X_X;

So sleepy...

Last edited:

Khione Frostfang

It's been gross here, too. We're meant to be having thunderstorms, but this IS England, we barely get any thunderstorms, all we get is heat and sun, barely any snow, or rain.

Last edited:

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
It's been gross here, too. We're meant to be having thunderstorms, but this IS England, we barely get any thunderstorms, all we get is head and sun, barely any snow, or rain.
Huh, interesting. I was always under the impression there was a lot of rain.

Khione Frostfang

Nope, my side of the country doesn't get jack shit, other than heat and humid air, barely any rain.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
I don't have experience with other forms of gluten sensitivity, but I have a friend and a cousin with celiac, and their experiences look very different. My cousin can't have (or at least this used to be true, I don't think she's exactly tried pushing it as an adult) an otherwise gluten-free sauce that's been stirred with the same utensil as a sauce with flour. My friend says he can have about one regular pizza a month and be fine (he really doesn't like gluten-free pizza). Hopefully you're at the lighter end of that scale so emergency "eat as little of the gluten-containing portion of the meal as possible" might work for you.

My cousin's family would bring her own bread and/or dessert (cookies etc) when they were invited over to places, when she still lived at home, and I believe she might still do that for at least bread as needed. Maybe that can be an option for you? (Asking ahead about food being served and trying to bring alternatives to the bits that contain gluten for yourself. If anyone takes offense to you taking responsibility for your food sensitivity like that, they're buttheads and can just stuff it.)

Do you have some specific kind of food or pastries that you enjoy/don't like, or other food sensitivities? If you'd like I can see if I have any recipes you might like in my collection. Since I know people with celiac I've accumulated some recipes specifically suitable for gluten-free diets. (I know offhand I have a couple of chicken recipes and a muffin recipe that are absolutely marvelous.)
I... must admit I'm not 100% sure on how deep the sensitivity goes. I know that my body tends to kick out the entire quantity of wheat so fast that I'm pretty sure it doesn't bother to fully neutralize the stomach acid first. Least that's how it feels.

(Sorry, ultra-squick is the only way I can put this stuff sometimes.)

I do also know that since giving it up, I have a lot less of a stuffy nose, can actually bend enough to do more exercises than I could, my reflux has almost completely disappeared, and even what joint pain I had has basically gone away.

Only guess I have as to my level of sensitivity is the following: Having fries cooked in a restaurant that also cooks breaded junk food doesn't give me hardcore issues. But there's a brand of beef jerky I like and I can only have their "extra tender" and stick varieties because their pouch of original-style jerky uses wheat ingredients (I assume it's where the maltodextrin originates as I have no other clue where beef jerky needs wheat and I once saw a different product that spelled out "maltodextrin from corn") and DOES get a noticeable reaction bowel-wise. I'm giving it at least a few more weeks before I even consider testing any limits.

As far as other food sensitivities, I don't know of any that are related to digestion. I do know that heightened touch/taste sensitivity prevents me from eating lettuce (the basis of about 99% of salads I've ever seen) and leaves me wanting to keep spices and sauces on the down low. I tend to eat VERY plain food when asked to cook for myself.

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
Huh, interesting. I was always under the impression there was a lot of rain.
Oh we get rain for daysssss over in Merseyside

Looking at Windy.com most wind comes via the North Atlantic Cell

Air is warmed around the Cape Verde islands, goes westward towards the Caribbean, then up the American East Coast, past Iceland and into Ireland and the Western half of the UK.

It's why rain is generally so much worse here in Autumn - we get the leftovers of the North American Hurricane Season.

I was actually reading a while back about how one of the Scottish Kings (I can't remember which, it was the late Dunkeld Dynasty) used the fact the rainy season is so consistent on the West Coast to defeat the Norwegians. He stalled negotiations long enough for the Norwegians to grow impatient only to be wrecked off the coast of Ayrshire, making them easy pickings in the battle that followed.

Fcomega121

Friendly Lady Blitz von Reolvia
Reason is our mom. She's a real piece of shit, that one. If it wasn't using emotional and psychological manipulation and terror in the house for years on end it's using material goods to try and get on your good side, or other manipulative crap. Tried buying me a car twice, using them as manipulation leverage for favours. I can smell that crap from miles away and is one of the reasons I moved out back in 2011. It was a drop in a glass already full when she literally tried to push a god damn fraudulent housing contract on me over a year ago back in April.

My sister was nearly driven to suicide twice because of mom and her utterly insane crap. Had to see a psychiatrist for years on end and still need a reference for more to get over all the issues our mom have caused. And she have the fucking audacity to say "get over it, it was years ago" when she literally fucking invited my sister's rapist over for bloody coffee and vodka. What in the actual fuck was she thinking? She threatened to throw me out of the family too for daring to take my sister's side, having to stay at my apartment for about a week because of literally not feeling safe there whatsoever. And when confronted about it? "It was shortsighted". Not even a fucking iota of remorse, no shame, no guilt whatsoever.

And that's.. just the tip of the iceberg with this utter lunatic. I despise my mom with a passion. If I could replace her with someone actually sane and not an insufferable piece of utter shit I'd gladly do so. Unfortunately the best thing I can do is join my two younger sisters and throw her out of the family. If she does anything stupid we have no option but to talk with the rest of the extended family about her.. shenanigans. Last resort would probably to go to court.
WHAT THE FUCK!!!???

what's wrong with that yandere-maniac stupid shineyaro Dumbass???

I would recommend you get out of there ASAP! (As zigzag did in her backstory as an example)

I recommend you telling your extended family about her outrageous actions, and take your sisters away from that horrible place!

I hope she gets in jail for that and that she <redacted> in a dark pit on that prison.

Khione Frostfang

Bleh, wherever the humid air comes from, they can have it back, and allow the weather to get cold again.

Khione Frostfang

Well, whoever manages the records at the local clinic needs to get their act together because my parents just received my covid vaccination letter despite the fact I moved out over a month ago and applied to the new clinic almost immediately after.

"should take at maximum two weeks" my ass
What complete dumbshits. They need a reading test, or some shit.

Khione Frostfang

Gah! "Hottest day of the year", more like a load of bollocks, is what this is! My head feels like it's going to explode! I wouldn't mind Summer of it wasn't so fucking gross, for how hot it is outside and indoors...

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
I'm not going to name names but I've just found out an artist I've been following for a while is a thoroughly unpleasant person.

They made a post complaining about a lack of engagement on their content on their posts, only to accuse anyone giving legitimate feedback about how it isn't exactly uncommon to not get many comments or YCH offers (scaled proportionally - said user is quite widely followed) of gaslighting in a journal with comments disabled.

Frankly, their art is fantastic and I'm disappointed to not want to support them anymore.