• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
I'm not going to name names but I've just found out an artist I've been following for a while is a thoroughly unpleasant person.

They made a post complaining about a lack of engagement on their content on their posts, only to accuse anyone giving legitimate feedback about how it isn't exactly uncommon to not get many comments or YCH offers (scaled proportionally - said user is quite widely followed) of gaslighting in a journal with comments disabled.

Frankly, their art is fantastic and I'm disappointed to not want to support them anymore.
Ugh, sounds like a right entitled asshat, someone who thinks the world evolves around them. I hate snobs like that, it's digusting.

I can't draw for shit, but I know I'd be forever grateful even if I got even one comment, let alone a dozen. Some people are just fucking snobs.

Seriously hate how when games run in the background but not actually working. Fuck Windows 10.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
So like
I drank some milk that was a few days past the expiry date
No clumps or anything surprisingly. But...
I noticed half way through a tall glass that it smelled kinda 'minty'. I was also eating chocolate mind you, so it probably made it harder to notice the suspicious smell.

Not sure if that's the disappointment settling in or if I just created a time bomb in my stomach.

It smelled 'minty', which is really weird. I honestly thought I just got some muscle cream contamination from when I went digging through my work bag because it smells like pink peppermint.

Khione Frostfang

It's finally raining here! It's about fucking time!

And Windows 10 is still a useless cunt, (excuse my French), so that won't ever change. Fuck you, Microsoft. If I could downgrade and stay downgraded, I really would, but I know some of the games I play wouldn't run on Windows 7, so that's a bitch. I do wish they would actually y'know, FIX their shit? Macs and Linux don't have that many viruses because of their security. Windows has a flimsy Windows Defender in which I cannot get rid of, as it eats up so much of my system's resources it's pissing me off.

I can't disable the damn thing, nor can I remove it, I don't need it, I have Malwarebytes on my system so I don't need their shitty Windows Defender hogging up my resources! It almost reminds me of the Sasser.B virus that was a major resource hog, so is Windows Defender or whatever they name it now. It fucking SUCKS!

Last edited:

Khione Frostfang

There's been I think, four, homophobia-motivated assaults in my city within the last few days.

Fuck, man.

This is generally regarded to be the most progressive city in the entire country too.

I'm just, speechless.
Urgh, here I thought homophobia was left in the 80s, but seems not. It never bloody ends.

Last edited:

Khione Frostfang

That's not exactly good not just for you physical health, also your mental health.

ASTA

Unban ODD or Riot
Averaging between 2-4 hours of sleep per night for the past I don't even know, 2 months at this point - if not more - is starting to take its toll on me.

I just have to make it till August and then I can have a 2 week vacation. Just a month and a half left....

Do you suffer from insomnia?

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
I don't understand why on certain days, there's multiple people who deliberately either start shit with me for no apparent reason, just out of nowhere, making me angry or anxious, to make my day shittier, won't do it to another family member or person, or those who simply will acknowledge every single person in a grouping but ignore me, and/or be passive-aggressive, and then on days where I'm just fucking tired of everyone and just want time for myself, people just start messaging me, as if I'm suddenly on their good side again. Yet, right as I'm enjoying any fucking time to myself in this shithole world, or when I'm experiencing any sort of peace, somebody, somehow has to fuck it.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I don't understand why on certain days, there's multiple people who deliberately either start shit with me for no apparent reason, just out of nowhere, making me angry or anxious, to make my day shittier, won't do it to another family member or person, or those who simply will acknowledge every single person in a grouping but ignore me, and/or be passive-aggressive, and then on days where I'm just fucking tired of everyone and just want time for myself, people just start messaging me, as if I'm suddenly on their good side again. Yet, right as I'm enjoying any fucking time to myself in this shithole world, or when I'm experiencing any sort of peace, somebody, somehow has to fuck it.
Im really sorry about all of that, and while I can't speak for everybody the world seems to be a cruel place. People messing with others, but I think something important to remember is this happens to almost everybody. And while we look at a person we cant possibly know what's going on in their life, and thinking this at least helps me. Taking a moment and thinking of that and breathing helps me center myself before continuing. That way I don't do anything rash or hurt somebody's feelings.

And in the way of social media, you could just turn it off if things get really bad (Though I understand thats harder than it sounds.) If you ever get attacked in a thread, just mention me and I'll see if I can calm the tensions ^w^

Yakamaru

Summertime woofer
Dam, she kinda sounds like my mom unfortunately, buying shit to get on your good side then using that as leverage for manipulation, I can actually feel your fuckin pain. Everytime I argue with my mom it’s “oh who pays for this house?! Who pays for the food on the table?! I go to work everyday for so long....” not kidding when I say it ALWAYS circles back to that dumb shit. Sometimes I just want to leave for a long time, and not look back. Obviously there’s more to it, but this is about you Yakamaru so I’ll vent more about it perhaps later c:

EXCUSE ME?! DID I HEAR THAT CORRECTLY?!

What the actual fuck.

Dude, I would think my moms bad but not THAT bad, at least hopefully holy shit. Your moms got a screw loose.

“It was years ago” SO WHAT??? God dam this line is all I need to know about her character in this situation. Absolute garbage.

You. invited. A. Rapist.

Oh shoot let me correct myself for a sec, your DAUGHTER’s rapist out for a lil coffee and voldka. What the hell is wrong with you??

She also threatening you to throw you out for taking your sisters side on this situation?! and she even acknowledges it was bad what she did??

Make it make sense dude. “Shortsighted” my fuckin ass, wasn’t that obvious from the start? That’s all you have to say on this situation? What a joke. Two faced hoe, I can already tell right now, I don’t vibe with that shit.

I’m sorry you actually have to deal with that kinda shit Yakamaru, I hope you and your sis can get yourself out of your moms circle ASAP.
Oh, my apologies. Didn't see this until now. Notifications being kinda weird from time to time.

Every family have their problems. Mine is no exception. If it weren't for mom being an utter psychopath we wouldn't have even a fraction of the problems that we've had up over the years.

LameFox

I'm not going to name names but I've just found out an artist I've been following for a while is a thoroughly unpleasant person.

They made a post complaining about a lack of engagement on their content on their posts, only to accuse anyone giving legitimate feedback about how it isn't exactly uncommon to not get many comments or YCH offers (scaled proportionally - said user is quite widely followed) of gaslighting in a journal with comments disabled.

Frankly, their art is fantastic and I'm disappointed to not want to support them anymore.
I like that I know exactly who this is just because their attitude is so specifically absurd.

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
It really is a self-fufilling prophecy. They bitch about a lack of engagement and act like an ass to their fans, saying they're the only artist with a following that large that doesn't get that much engagement, causing people to stop engaging with them.
Also just noticed that they disable comments on like half their posts

Like no shit you're not going to get engagement

????

Yakamaru

Summertime woofer

A decent amount of artists I've found don't actually want feedback/critique and just want pats on the back.

LameFox

In this case yeah. I think this is someone who is very insecure and wants their self worth propped up by others, and would also find self reflection too painful, and so can only blame others for not providing that for them rather than assess why they're not attracting it. Been going on this way for years. They say it's not a result of their behaviour because it started before they started complaining about it but they don't seem to realize people will be put off by obvious neediness anyway, and on top of that any new people who follow them are being subjected to this freshly.

Completely self defeating.

Borophagus Metropolis

The last prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
Averaging between 2-4 hours of sleep per night for the past I don't even know, 2 months at this point - if not more - is starting to take its toll on me.

I just have to make it till August and then I can have a 2 week vacation. Just a month and a half left....

I can't even get through one day on that little sleep. I have sleep problems as well. Let me know if you need some help.

TyraWadman

Just got accused of being racist a few minutes before my lunch break. I opened up the second register and called the next customer around.

Naturally, people try to race over and cut in front but I made sure to call the woman over and offer her the first spot.

Man in second place gets angry. I assumed it was because he felt called out despite there being more than one person that skipped ahead.

The woman was okay with waiting so I just contnued as normal. He makes sure the grumble and fuss on his way out saying 'dont think I don't know own what's going on!!!'

You tried to skip the line bruh. Was waiting those few seconds (behind the other person who tried to skip the line) really too much for you to handle? :rolleyes:

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Time for another instalment of Why Can't The Bank Just Let Me Use An ATM

I have a check that I want to deposit. The bank is still set on locking up the ATMs for some stupid reason, so I tried to use the drive-through ATM. It would only let me deposit into my credit card? WHAT? But I tried it anyway and wouldn't you know it, my check wouldn't scan properly. It just spat it back out twice in a row.

Can this bank do literally anything right? I only need access to their automated machines for fuck sakes, and they can't even have it do the only job it has.

TyraWadman

Now I'm being criticized for asking one of the young co-workers to clean the bathrooms and wipe down the lunch room counter.

Apparently I overstepped my boundaries by promoting teamwork and taking initiative instead of being told what to do. Their reasoning?

"Because they're only.part time right now. They're not full-time!'

Fucking what??? What does that matter when they're here 8 hours every other day? Is there some law that prohibits employees 16 and under from anything other than cashier work?

The other cashier straight up grabbed her phone and started hollering to the manager who isn't even there and that manager is taking turns talking to all of us about how we did something wrong. They younger cashier's are just as clueless as I am.

JIBBLY

♡ Lovely Baby ♡
Feeling pretty stupid and guilty right now. I can't even vent to anyone close to me without them getting upset with me.
I don't know, this "make some friends" thing seems sort of tiring. I don't know what the point is right now.

TyraWadman

Feeling pretty stupid and guilty right now. I can't even vent to anyone close to me without them getting upset with me.
I don't know, this "make some friends" thing seems sort of tiring. I don't know what the point is right now.
Scream it into the void (here)!
We might not all be close/know you, but I've seen some pretty good advice around. At the very least, you'll get to express yourself.

Edit: oh wait, you mean in general and not something specific. Woops.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
tenor.gif

Mood.