• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Mosquitoes -_- They force you to choose between scratching all night or sleeping with your blanket on which is way too warm

Yakamaru

Evil Metal Woffie Boffie
Mosquitoes take my blood without my consent and then literally make babies with it. I am an involuntary dad. >:

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
Mosquitoes take my blood without my consent and then literally make babies with it. I am an involuntary dad. >:
I was hesitant to make this, but I couldn't resist after reading that.
1624310688016.png

Yakamaru

Evil Metal Woffie Boffie

quoting_mungo

Boyfriend has been quite pleased with his bug bite heat treatment thing for neutralizing mosquito bites. I think he got his from like AliExpress, but it looks like Amazon has the same type of device.

“My” car (I don’t own it, but I’m the one who drives it unless my dad needs it for something) broke on the way home today. I could drive it home, but for the last maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the trip I had no speedometer or power steering. Boyfriend is pretty sure the alternator gave out at some point yesterday when my dad was using the car and that’s why it starts fine when externally charged but the electronic bits gave out while we were driving. My driving those last miles was definitely fueled by adrenaline.

I had to cancel an appointment tomorrow because I have no way of getting there (aside from public transit, but until I’m fully vaccinated I consider that a non-option, and even then it’s one I’d like to avoid until COVID numbers have gone down significantly). So that’s fun. :/

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
My day off has ended. Neither employer was willing to acknowledge my request to speak with them tomorrow.

Instead I got someone asking me to work tomorrow at 830 am instead of 12, which I only just noticed this now. If I accepted it, I would be clopening two times and then another 3 times after my next day off. No thanks!!!

i anticipate I'll be dropping my two weeks notice. I don't want to deal with their drama. If they don't want to even hear me out, I'm not going to offer them my time. If they want to flip out because I asked my coworker if she wanted to help clean, then so be it.

If managers wanna run things differently from each other, it's not my fault I'm doing things differently than what you expect.

I think the bosses are afraid of confronting their own staff. I don't like drama either, but I dont want to live with that sick, anxious feeling in my gut. I don't want to nurture it.

I don't care if I'm without money for the next while, I will not be disrespected any longer!!! D8<

ASTA

The Worst of Us
My day off has ended. Neither employer was willing to acknowledge my request to speak with them tomorrow.

Instead I got someone asking me to work tomorrow at 830 am instead of 12, which I only just noticed this now. If I accepted it, I would be clopening two times and then another 3 times after my next day off. No thanks!!!

i anticipate I'll be dropping my two weeks notice. I don't want to deal with their drama. If they don't want to even hear me out, I'm not going to offer them my time. If they want to flip out because I asked my coworker if she wanted to help clean, then so be it.

If managers wanna run things differently from each other, it's not my fault I'm doing things differently than what you expect.

I think the bosses are afraid of confronting their own staff. I don't like drama either, but I dont want to live with that sick, anxious feeling in my gut. I don't want to nurture it.

I don't care if I'm without money for the next while, I will not be disrespected any longer!!! D8<

This is why having rage quit money is so crucial. Six months worth of living expenses saved up allows you to throw up a middle finger when the stupid becomes too much and the compromises are too few.

I saw someone with a really cool artstyle AND THEY DRAW FUCKING CUB ART EW WHY
Technical ability, sexual preferences, artistic taste and Moral values
often come together in the worst way possible!
You can have excellent taste but be incapable of painting what you want.
Or you can be a master of painting, but choose to only manually paint perfect black circles on white canvases
hundreds of times a year.
This is why art schools never create artists, but rather attract them.
Music theory has never created a single great composer. Theory is a tool to enhance already talented people
and help them create what they are trying to create.

Working 6 days in a row again, for a second time this month.

Fuck my life.
welcome to the workforce.......
Many people work every day for a 70+ hour week.
I did that for a year. That gave me a cheap rural property and cars with zero debt or mortgage,
and five years-plus worth of living expenses.
I support a family now.
Now only work two days per week.
That Was Nursing home / community carer work.
The only time shit hit the fan was when I started having back pain from all the repetitive physical work and lack of sleep.
Had to take a day off to see a physio and religiously follow his recommendations online, Paid him via paypal.
Right now I'm trying to transfer from carer work to IT or electronics design.
Will always keep my backup carer job just in case.
This certainly isn't the way to go for most people, but it isn't impossible either.
If you are physically healthy / active and work like a machine, you should take advantage of that.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
So it turns out that almost regardless of the circumstances, I can't seem to sleep more than 5-6 hours in any given night, at least during spring and summer. (I'll re-evaluate this again during winter and see if that still holds true.)

It's usually either dehydration or needing to use the bathroom - sometimes both at the same time. I'd normally not think too much of this, except falling back asleep after addressing either is basically impossible for me even if I don't have to worry about the alarm.

Not helping any of this is that due to sensory issues, I have an inordinate amount of trouble falling asleep. I HAVE to have a thick comforter and, given circumstances from last night when the power was out, I may not be able to have any sort of night-light anywhere near me if I want to take any less than an hour to fall asleep. I tend to need quiet, but I don't know how absolute that requirement is and wearing hearing protection at night doesn't seem to work (at least the bulkier kinds I have that leave pressure elsewhere on my head - given past ear infections I'm wary of using smaller earplugs for THAT long).

More on this later.

Khione Frostfang

Going Crazy...
Ugh, random bout of insomnia last night, so annoying when it happens out of nowhere. Annoying as fuck.

Rimna

Well-Known Monkey
welcome to the workforce.......
Many people work every day for a 70+ hour week.
I did that for a year. That gave me a cheap rural property and cars with zero debt or mortgage,
and five years-plus worth of living expenses.
I support a family now.
Now only work two days per week.
That Was Nursing home / community carer work.
The only time shit hit the fan was when I started having back pain from all the repetitive physical work and lack of sleep.
Had to take a day off to see a physio and religiously follow his recommendations online, Paid him via paypal.
Right now I'm trying to transfer from carer work to IT or electronics design.
Will always keep my backup carer job just in case.
This certainly isn't the way to go for most people, but it isn't impossible either.
If you are physically healthy / active and work like a machine, you should take advantage of that.

Thanks for the tips. They might be useful if I lived in the states.

Unfortunately I do not. I live in the poorest country in the EU And I make 550 euro a month for 50-60 hours a week. Which btw is considered higher than the average salary for this town.

Last edited:

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Down another cashier. One of the co-workers getting bullied decided to flex with her husband while posing with guns in a public Facebook post talking about how her husband will protect her from her bullies. I don't think it was intended to be a threat, (just a cringy flex) but work took it seriously and banned her from coming back. Not arguing with how they handled it, better to be safe than sorry. But damn.

For real?

Edit: the other half of my post didn't save and it forced me to refresh and now it's gone )8<

I was able to speak with the boss though and I'm feeling optimistic my concerns will be addressed but only time will tell.

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
Man, I just want to fit in for once in my goddamn life. I was in my room for the majority of the day and even when I tried to be with my family I felt as lonely as I could ever be. Why can’t anything be good in my life, why can’t I just have this one gem that’s mine which will always put a smile on my face, why must everything I do feel so worthless and like a giant waste of time, why must I always feel this constant sadness hanging over me.

Rimna

Well-Known Monkey
I ended up sleeping through my alarm this Saturday, and I passed out after work yesterday, resulting me in missing two classes for the first time in 9 months.

It is apparently such a huge deal that it carries the same weight as me quitting them. No, I haven't quit. I have no intention to quit. But god damn. I know I keep saying that "evil never rests and evil never sleeps", but sometimes, evil needs a nap, you know?

Fuck.

Rimna

Well-Known Monkey
Down another cashier. One of the co-workers getting bullied decided to flex with her husband while posing with guns in a public Facebook post talking about how her husband will protect her from her bullies. I don't think it was intended to be a threat, (just a cringy flex) but work took it seriously and banned her from coming back. Not arguing with how they handled it, better to be safe than sorry. But damn.

For real?

Edit: the other half of my post didn't save and it forced me to refresh and now it's gone )8<

I was able to speak with the boss though and I'm feeling optimistic my concerns will be addressed but only time will tell.

What the hell? Man, why can't people just... you know... not go crazy every like 5 minutes?

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Man, I just want to fit in for once in my goddamn life. I was in my room for the majority of the day and even when I tried to be with my family I felt as lonely as I could ever be. Why can’t anything be good in my life, why can’t I just have this one gem that’s mine which will always put a smile on my face, why must everything I do feel so worthless and like a giant waste of time, why must I always feel this constant sadness hanging over me.
Life is hard and things like this just come natural to some of us, and there isn't much we can do. For me at least I surround myself with awesome people, people that will be there for me on my bad days, who compliment me, not on everything but on the things I do good at. These people keep me grounded in reality while not inflating my ego. I know that finding these kids of people can be hard, but when you find them it will feel so absolutely perfect, that everything just clicks into place.
I know you don't feel it right now, but I think you're awesome. We may not see each other much, but from what I can see I think you're cool, and it saddens me you can't see that in yourself. :3

We're here for ya whenever you need us.

M

ManicTherapsid

Mosquitoes -_- They force you to choose between scratching all night or sleeping with your blanket on which is way too warm
I bought a usb chargeable bug zapper that sits on my shelf this summer. I'm actually disappointed as I have yet to witness a zap so far : (

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
Life is hard and things like this just come natural to some of us, and there isn't much we can do. For me at least I surround myself with awesome people, people that will be there for me on my bad days, who compliment me, not on everything but on the things I do good at. These people keep me grounded in reality while not inflating my ego. I know that finding these kids of people can be hard, but when you find them it will feel so absolutely perfect, that everything just clicks into place.
I know you don't feel it right now, but I think you're awesome. We may not see each other much, but from what I can see I think you're cool, and it saddens me you can't see that in yourself. :3

We're here for ya whenever you need us.
Thank you, that means a lot

Khione Frostfang

Going Crazy...
Ugh, another insomnia bout last night... I do wish the weather would make up its mind, too. Fucking complete bollocks.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I bought a usb chargeable bug zapper that sits on my shelf this summer. I'm actually disappointed as I have yet to witness a zap so far : (
Oh is it like an actual death ray?