• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
Okay, finally decided to look up what they're considering to restore Notre Dame and apparently this was one of the projects
View attachment 115315
What the fuck is this? an alien base from a 1960s flick?
I mean at least it doesn't look like a giant dildo, I know they love to stick those everywhere. But that's not the point : what's wrong with respecting the style a monument was built in?

One of my aunts restores paintings for a living, I'm wondering how it would sound if she decided to stick cubist noses on renaissance portraits, or just stick junk and plastic on them so they would fit with modern "art".

That's right, no post modern crap. Gothic or bust.

Shit is annoying to me
I wonder why some people are so aggressively against just restoring it to the way it was before. It’s confusing to me.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
I wonder why some people are so aggressively against just restoring it to the way it was before. It’s confusing to me.

It's a historical religious building, a lot of people don't like that. Not to get into a deep discussion, but let's just say they tried to "modernize" it to make it more appealing to non-Catholics.

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
Welcome to Microsoft's money making cash grab bullshit. This is why I haven't bothered with any of their consoles since my Elite 360 went out the door, dead. All they care about is how to make money, and a cash grab because they can.
PlayStation too, any time you can enjoy the minimum specs of a game is when you buy the next major revision or "pro" console.

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
PlayStation too, any time you can enjoy the minimum specs of a game is when you buy the next major revision or "pro" console.
Telling me, I've not touched a PlayStation since my PS3. Same with Xbox. I can't be bothered to deal with them two, wanting more fucking money.

A.I. that cheats? Street Fighter 2 has PLENTY of A.I. that cheat like asshats. Then again my guess is some games are there to piss players off. Yes, I'm looking at you 8 fuckers from both Left 4 Dead games! Their fucking A.I. is as about as useful as a pair of tits on a teapot. Even in Guild Wars 1 we have "Henchmen" who are NPC allies and they're as smart a fucking bag hammers, same with "Heroes" you gain, which you can give them custom builds, but even they're as dumb as the Henchmen.

I LOL'd last night when I found my GW1 game case with my discs and I'm sure it said "Useful Henchmen" or something. Yeah, fuck off Anet, they haven't been "useful" in the years I've played. Then again, they do come out with some hilarious things in both games (The L4D/2 bots).

Last edited:

LameFox

To be fair if you look at the history of buildings like this, the way we're used to them looking today is often not their original look. They could be built in stages for quite a while, and then over hundreds of years things get repaired, upgraded, destroyed, and replaced in a way that fits the era the work is being done. So making changes is not necessarily a new thing people are deciding to do all of a sudden.

I wonder if in a way it's more the other way around. It's like we no longer feel we're part of that history anymore, as if it ran its course and ended, and we're what came after. So now when we think of changing it we don't see it as adding something that will also, someday, be hundreds of years old. It just feels like erasing it instead.

That said, it was still a pretty ugly example lol.

Khione Frostfang

Typical weather. I thought finally, gonna set some rain... Lasted a few seconds.

Borophagus Metropolis

The last prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
My air mattress popped. Two more nights before I move. I took my regular old bed to the dump.
Now I have a roll out foam camping pad. It's good enough for camping, right? Ugh.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Okay, finally decided to look up what they're considering to restore Notre Dame and apparently this was one of the projects
View attachment 115315
What the fuck is this? an alien base from a 1960s flick?
I mean at least it doesn't look like a giant dildo, I know they love to stick those everywhere. But that's not the point : what's wrong with respecting the style a monument was built in?

One of my aunts restores paintings for a living, I'm wondering how it would sound if she decided to stick cubist noses on renaissance portraits, or just stick junk and plastic on them so they would fit with modern "art".

That's right, no post modern crap. Gothic or bust.

Shit is annoying to me

It has already been decided, by the way, that the new spire will be identical to the old, so I wouldn't worry about this too much. ;D

I thought I'd provide an interesting comment though.
The spire that collapsed in 2019 wasn't actually an original. It was itself only built in the nineteenth century- hundreds of years after the original construction.

After the collapse, France launched an international competition to see what new spire designs people could come up with. So that's why there are so many kooky design ideas around.
They've already decided they want to remake the new spire identically to the nineteenth century version though.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
It has already been decided, by the way, that the new spire will be identical to the old, so I wouldn't worry about this too much. ;D

I thought I'd provide an interesting comment though.
The spire that collapsed in 2019 wasn't actually an original. It was itself only built in the nineteenth century- hundreds of years after the original construction.
That's great!

And I knew that, it was built after Victor Hugo brought attention back to the medieval building which was in a bad state of disrepair. That's perfectly in accordance with my point, the architect paid homage to the style of the building when designing the tower instead of smearing onto it some random crap that was trendy at the time. That's why people tend not to know that (I think even the Disney movie makes the mistake), it would be obvious otherwise.

You're about as sharp as a bag of bricks. I'm saying if you have such a low opinion of furries it wouldn't make sense to be here. I'm guessing this is an instance of shame in having an interest in the community and the only way to come to terms with that is to consistently embarrass yourself.
Let me repeat myself.... Listen carefully...

It isn't me that thinks furries aren't cool. People outside the fandom have never considered furries cool.
That is just cold hard facts bro. Nobody associates with furries in order to make themselves look cool.

I'm a member of my local D&D club. Nobody considers us cool in any way. But we all love D&D.

After the collapse, France launched an international competition to see what new spire designs people could come up with. So that's why there are so many kooky design ideas around.
They've already decided they want to remake the new spire identically to the nineteenth century version though.
It is just going to be burned down again If they make it identical to its previous form and continue using it for christian services.
If it was converted to a gym, nobody would burn it down.

KimberVaile

Self congratulatory title goes here
Let me repeat myself.... Listen carefully...

It isn't me that thinks furries aren't cool. People outside the fandom have never considered furries cool.
That is just cold hard facts bro. Nobody associates with furries in order to make themselves look cool.

I'm a member of my local D&D club. Nobody considers us cool in any way. But we all love D&D.
Reading comprehension seems to be your strong suit. When did I contest you on that? I didn't. I did mock the posts you made and said you were embarrassing yourself, which you were and still are. Lol.

Last edited:

LameFox

Currently putting off the sheer volume of inconvenience that is migrating everything to a new SSD in case it solves a difficult to trace issue that may eventually require a new motherboard instead. ಠ__ಠ

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I TRASHED my back today, and don't even know how.

Khione Frostfang

Geez, another case of "Boomerang Headache" strikes again. I wish the weather would make up its damn mind. Sometimes it's lovely and cool, then around afternoon/evening, it's warm as hell, and the humidity shoots up, making it hard for me to sleep, and pisses off my skin condition on my face.