• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

quoting_mungo

1. It’s ass hot out and I’m super bored because I have to stay in the coolest room of the house doing as little as possible to heat it up further

2. Damn cat has decided he needs to sleep snuggled up to me. Which would be cute, but I don’t need a living, snoring hot water bottle against my side

Last edited:
O

O.D.D.

I get to go to a pointless "training session" (read: pseudo-corporate coffee klatch) today. I'd rather be getting work done than going over something I've already learned multiple times over and am in no danger of magically unlearning, but hey, free lunch. Whatever.

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
This heatwave can fuck off, it's driving me insane.

DieselPowered

Except, there's one issue: The people who do that shaming? They don't care about the month. In fact in a lot of harassment situations it has the opposite effect. It puts a target on those who get bullied. People will always find ways to harm or harass others and no matter what monthly occasion happens or not.
Exactly, they'll shame you all year round if they want to. That's why pride months exist, it's a way for shamed communities to stand up together and say "No, we will not be ashamed of who we are"

Bringing gayness back into things. I don't need pride events to tell homophobes to go fuck themselves, but there are lots of people out there struggling with their sexuality in environments that don't accept it. At the very least these events show people they're not struggling alone, and that people out there can and will accept them as they are. Some people need that.

ben909

vaporeon character is busy so coffee mushroom now
WHY DOES NOTNING I HAVE THAT ONLY TAKES 2 OR 4 D BATTERIES DRAIN THEM SO SLOWLY, getting these ready will take weeks at this point

maybe we need a lesser vent thread

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Exactly, they'll shame you all year round if they want to. That's why pride months exist, it's a way for shamed communities to stand up together and say "No, we will not be ashamed of who we are"

Bringing gayness back into things. I don't need pride events to tell homophobes to go fuck themselves, but there are lots of people out there struggling with their sexuality in environments that don't accept it. At the very least these events show people they're not struggling alone, and that people out there can and will accept them as they are. Some people need that.

Like that will change anyone, human nature won't change. If you think a surficial month will change people, it won't. I'm a bit of a cynic in this respect, but I feel like it would be like saying Christians wills stop being persecuted because we have Christmas and Easter. A month of being forced into one mindset won't change people who they don't like LGBT.

And the inverse, those people can go tell you to go fuck yourself. You see? It doesn't change things in the long run of it. You cannot change these environments, pride month happens in countries that already have these liberties, pride month doesn't happen in China, North Korea, most of Africa, the Middle East, most of Latin America, and in places where people are really oppressed for being homosexual, (as in killed.) Yes, you can help people here, but that won't change the meta of the issue. It's all superficial the rest of the year.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
WHY DOES NOTNING I HAVE THAT ONLY TAKES 2 OR 4 D BATTERIES DRAIN THEM SO SLOWLY, getting these ready will take weeks at this point

maybe we need a lesser vent thread
Nah, you're allowed to air it out here!

I honestly hate dealing with batteries. If I can't recharge it like my phone, I will likely never buy it.

Too expensive, and if they don't die quickly, then they expire.

ben909

Nah, you're allowed to air it out here!

I honestly hate dealing with batteries. If I can't recharge it like my phone, I will likely never buy it.

Too expensive, and if they don't die quickly, then they expire.
these are rechargable ones, but it's apparently important to charge them a few times before major use

everything i had the really needs them uses 6 or so, not the 4 the charger can handle

TyraWadman

these are rechargable ones, but it's apparently important to charge them a few times before major use

everything i had the really needs them uses 6 or so, not the 4 the charger can handle

Oooh I see! Yea, that's ALSO a pain!!!
I remember getting all excited for a remote control car once. Had to wait hours before I could use it and then the buggers died real fast. XD
It's really not fun.

ben909

it said they need 3-5 full charges and discarges before they really work, i wonder if this is what i skiped in the past and broke them with all these years

... also got a few that are charged with usb power, so i will see about those, they could be great, or could be a massive waste of money, did feel like the cut my lanterns weight in half though.. and they did not need multiple cycles before working

O

O.D.D.

Worst batteries are the ones you can't remove but still get dead cells. Usually in smartphones these days. Smart Battery Technology my ass.

ben909

Worst batteries are the ones you can't remove but still get dead cells. Usually in smartphones these days. Smart Battery Technology my ass.
yea i think part of that design is "say its space saveing" and then make the battery impossible to replace in order to make people get new ones, but i got 4 -5 years out of my old phone battery so i don't think they are all bad

HarpyFeather

Writting Commissions Are Open <3
Just a tiny vent:

I really dislike when people think they have every right to come up to you and just start berating things you like?! I love horror, I love wearing horror poster shirts, and when they just come up to me like.
"I hate Texas Chainsaw Massacre, it's too gory and gross, how can you like that?"
It's so rude??? Like??? Do I look like I won't beat your ass? I just don't understand why some people think it's okay to be rude? Or trash something someone likes? They won't even say hi too, it's just...rudeness...

My rant is over, such a nice thread, thanks for making it!

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Just a tiny vent:

I really dislike when people think they have every right to come up to you and just start berating things you like?! I love horror, I love wearing horror poster shirts, and when they just come up to me like.
"I hate Texas Chainsaw Massacre, it's too gory and gross, how can you like that?"
It's so rude??? Like??? Do I look like I won't beat your ass? I just don't understand why some people think it's okay to be rude? Or trash something someone likes? They won't even say hi too, it's just...rudeness...

My rant is over, such a nice thread, thanks for making it!

I have a more gross analogy, but I'll use this: "opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has them but they're useless for the vast majority of people." Just ignore these people, they clearly don't have anything to contribute.

TyraWadman

Some problematic employees are retiring. I thought it was just one? Might be two, if I overheard them right.
We'll see if it remains as problematic, or if things can finally calm down. A third may also be dipping shortly after getting back from their vacation but we'll see.

Downside? We JUST got a full squad of full-time employees... except I'm the only adult. The rest are all students. In another month and a half, they'll all be part-time/gone. Wowie!

For such a small town, you'd think work would be hard to find, and NOT keep. Hum.
Welp.
Here we go again...

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Update on the phone situation:

I am GLAD I didn't rush to buy an A71 5G phone JUST yet. Apparently... the way Verizon's network works, the standard A71 5G would NOT have been compatible with Verizon's network!

Apparently, the standard 5G phone has one antenna. 5G phones coded for Verizon's network have TWO antennae. Now, allegedly Verizon's 5G network is one of the most powerful, so the two antennae make sense, but this distinction makes it too easy to scam people.

Also, worth noting as I live in a wet area, the A71 5G and its Verizon-specific UW version aren't waterproof. I could wait for the rumored A72 and see if it has waterproofing, OR I could simply shell out another $20 or so for a Poetic Revolution case. The one that irks me about THESE is... the non-Verizon version of the case comes in multiple colors, and I was hoping for this difference due to the sheer number of cell phones at my workplace. The case for the A71 5G UW? Only comes in one color. I cannot possibly undersell the worth of a good phone case no matter what budget you're on - my current phone previously had an Otterbox case (too bad they seemed to have skipped the A71 with their better cases, hence the switch to Poetic here) and that thing took a LOT of punishment the first 3 years I had the phone. (I use a cheap off-brand case currently as I knew the phone was aging and another Otterbox didn't seem necessary now that I have less chance of dropping phones.)

To be fair about the case color thing, though, the cell phones at my workplace are ALL Apple phones. (As they are only used for actual calls, a lot of Apple's uglier stuff doesn't rear its head. Let's just say I'd rather go without a cell phone than have my own Apple phone.)

Anyways, as I was told I have about a year to do the phone replacement, I set the date for buying the replacement at some time in October at earliest. This phone would set me back a full paycheck and I really, REALLY want to accomplish my payoff goal first.