• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

LameFox

Maybe society is brainwashing you into thinking that, it's not like a lot of things we thought were a lot more obvious than that didn't turn out on their heads
Is there some social pressure not to date psychopaths that I'm not aware of? I'd be surprised if trying it got you much besides some concern from friends and family tbh. Doesn't really strike me as a reason to suspect 'brainwashing'.

In this case my reasoning is simply that I want a relationship to be a two-way thing and someone who appears incapable of caring for others naturally makes a poor candidate for that. There are plenty of other problems that can make someone hard to be around, but not many inherently defeat the purpose.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Is there some social pressure not to date psychopaths that I'm not aware of? I'd be surprised if trying it got you much besides some concern from friends and family tbh. Doesn't really strike me as a reason to suspect 'brainwashing'.

In this case my reasoning is simply that I want a relationship to be a two-way thing and someone who appears incapable of caring for others naturally makes a poor candidate for that. There are plenty of other problems that can make someone hard to be around, but not many inherently defeat the purpose.
Excuse me, I know from reknown academics that pop culture insidiously shapes how you think, and for sure movies talk a lot about disabled people in a very derogatory way, insisting that all they want is to bash you in the head with an axe because your business card looks better than theirs.

LameFox

Excuse me, I know from reknown academics that pop culture insidiously shapes how you think, and for sure movies talk a lot about disabled people in a very derogatory way, insisting that all they want is to bash you in the head with an axe because your business card looks better than theirs.
Wasn't he implied to have hallucinated that entire episode?

Anyway, if you want to date a psychopath for some reason I won't try to change your mind. After all, what's the worst that could happen (to me).

Nexus Cabler

Lord of typos
I did laundry earlier, and checked the dryer, only to find the clothes were still wet, so I have to start it again

I am absolutely livid

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
So I ordered a large plushie almost a month ago on Nin-nin game. She was SUPPOSED to come within 4-5 days from order, but alas she has not. Instead, today I get an email from them saying that she is “too large” (2.9 lbs or 1.33kg) and request an additional $42 shipping.

Bitch please how hard can it be to ship a soft thic girl overseas??? And apparently I’ve heard stories of them doing shady stuff and outright scamming people.

Anyways, I bit the bullet and took their word for it since I paid them the first time. But they better not pull that shit off again or they’ll get the best of me…

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
Jeez, this dude really sounds like a Grade-A Thundercunt. Big time.

Humidity sticks to the air like a bloody bad smell. I can't wait for the Fall to come, fuck the Summer.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Fuck you whomever keeps filling the soap dispenser with water. Just replace the damn thing!

Even with the supervisor retiring, I don't think it's going to get any better. The store had issues before I got here. Her daughter is taking her place. I already overheard that people might even be making it so that nobody asks anyone else to do anything, meaning, If someone doesn't 'feel like cleaning' then they can't be forced to. I have already spoken with the owners so I'm gonna abuse the hell out of it just to prove a point if I have to.

One claimed they're too old to be doing it (cleaning, being on cash, talking to customers, she doesn't want to do her entire job). Then they said the students should have it easy because they're just kids.

So just all me then? Squished right in the middle? Fuck that and fuck this ridiculousness. I hope they're just making face until their mom moves away.

Khione Frostfang

Heatwave... too much... Can't stand it, much longer... Fuck it.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
So... when I filed my taxes for 2020, I remember telling the filer to e-file the state taxes when they asked me how I wanted to handle that. There's paperwork proving this, and I was under the impression that this would be taken care of.

Federal taxes came out fairly quickly. But I noticed the state tax money didn't come out of my account at any point. So I held it there, as if it didn't exist.

Several months pass.

I have JUST received a bill from the state saying I never paid the state tax. Somehow, I saw this coming. The amount is actually accurate to what the tax filer told me... well, aside from the interest and penalties involved, which wouldn't have been the case if things were ACTUALLY HANDLED RIGHT.

I'm not as mad as I should be because (a) I held on to the money like a sensible person and (b) the penalties and interest are extremely tiny given my income. I've gone and dealt with this already using the state's site, I have the confirmation receipt printed out, and if the money doesn't come out of the account in 7-10 business days we're going to have MAJOR problems.

I'm not sure if the process screwed up or if I wasn't clear enough to the guy the first time, or if I was lied to. It is likely that I will find someone else next year or maybe even resort to one of those places like TurboTax - or even better, learn the system and file them myself unassisted - as I learned I can't actually deduct all that much from my taxes anyway.

O.D.D.

wubwubwubwubwub
So... when I filed my taxes for 2020, I remember telling the filer to e-file the state taxes when they asked me how I wanted to handle that. There's paperwork proving this, and I was under the impression that this would be taken care of.

Federal taxes came out fairly quickly. But I noticed the state tax money didn't come out of my account at any point. So I held it there, as if it didn't exist.

Several months pass.

I have JUST received a bill from the state saying I never paid the state tax. Somehow, I saw this coming. The amount is actually accurate to what the tax filer told me... well, aside from the interest and penalties involved, which wouldn't have been the case if things were ACTUALLY HANDLED RIGHT.

I'm not as mad as I should be because (a) I held on to the money like a sensible person and (b) the penalties and interest are extremely tiny given my income. I've gone and dealt with this already using the state's site, I have the confirmation receipt printed out, and if the money doesn't come out of the account in 7-10 business days we're going to have MAJOR problems.

I'm not sure if the process screwed up or if I wasn't clear enough to the guy the first time, or if I was lied to. It is likely that I will find someone else next year or maybe even resort to one of those places like TurboTax - or even better, learn the system and file them myself unassisted - as I learned I can't actually deduct all that much from my taxes anyway.
Same thing happened to me in 2016. I brought in all relevant forms, I know because they were in the damn envelope. State audits me 4 years after the fact and wants money plus penalties because the forms weren't filed properly. I try to explain the situation. They don't care. I call the tax prep service. Their guarantee lapsed for 2016 filings. I appeal to the state to have them waive the penalties. They deny the appeal. "Interest is not a penalty". The fucking hell it isn't.

This is why I don't use that service to file anymore, and it's why government workers are soulless, inhuman pieces of fucking shit. Thanks to loopholes, shelters, etc. I'll end up paying more to the government than people with net worth orders of magnitude higher than my own. This is acceptable to them.

Last edited:

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I get asked when I'm getting vaccinated; given that everybody tells me that this one made them feel like shit, I've got to postpone : I can't afford to feel like shit right now, I need to work at full capacity. So it'll have to wait, and hopefully until then this thing will have been properly tested and/or politicians will have changed their minds again.

Khione Frostfang

It's random, some people have had side-effects, some haven't. I did, but that was just me.

Fuck Resident Evil 0, it's driving me BATSHIT CRAZY! I finished all my achievements on RE2 Remake, but the last time I played 0 was when I had a fucking Gamecube, a real one, the same one I got on my 16th birthday. That's going back YEARS ago when I played RE0. I GIVE UP! I just can't remember anything. *Cries*

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
It's random, some people have had side-effects, some haven't. I did, but that was just me.

Fuck Resident Evil 0, it's driving me BATSHIT CRAZY! I finished all my achievements on RE2 Remake, but the last time I played 0 was when I had a fucking Gamecube, a real one, the same one I got on my 16th birthday. That's going back YEARS ago when I played RE0. I GIVE UP! I just can't remember anything. *Cries*
Yeah my arm felt a little weird for a couple days, but otherwise I was fine. One of my friends had a headache too, and one was completely out of it for a couple days.

My mum thinks it might be psychological to some extent. Like anyone we've known who's had shit they need doing just hasn't had issues.