• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

O

O.D.D.

Yeah my arm felt a little weird for a couple days, but otherwise I was fine. One of my friends had a headache too, and one was completely out of it for a couple days.

My mum thinks it might be psychological to some extent. Like anyone we've known who's had shit they need doing just hasn't had issues.
I doubt it. The first Pfizer shot made my arm sore, the second made me feel like I had been run over with a car.

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
My arm was very soar too, and I felt tired, fatigued, and pretty much what you'd expect from a small dose of corona.

It went away after a while, and I'm glad.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Yeah my arm felt a little weird for a couple days, but otherwise I was fine. One of my friends had a headache too, and one was completely out of it for a couple days.

My mum thinks it might be psychological to some extent. Like anyone we've known who's had shit they need doing just hasn't had issues.
My mom was affected but her bf wasn't. Lots of people here where I work needed the day off to recover.

A part of me thinks I already contracted covid before it was 'mainstream' (felt like I was gonna die in my sleep and lost smell and taste) but I'll still plan on getting vaccinated when they've had adequate time for testing.

quoting_mungo

I had my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine late June; am up for my second shot in just under 2 weeks now. I've previously gotten stupidly sick from at least one vaccine (I was bedridden for like three days after getting my swine flu shot), but the only side effects I noticed was my arm being sore and developing a weird-ass hard/hot area under the skin around the vaccination site. (Of course my butthead muttcat decided he needed to headbutt me square on the bandaid the evening after I got my shot, so that was fun.) We're going to be stocking up on super-simple foods before getting our second shot so we don't need to cook if we don't feel well, but all told it's not like getting vaccinated is only about me.

This article came across my Twitter feed the other day and I think it says a lot about how most people relate to the vaccine when they think COVID is something that happens to others, versus when they're seeing it happen to themselves or their immediate family.

A part of me thinks I already contracted covid before it was 'mainstream' (felt like I was gonna die in my sleep and lost smell and taste) but I'll still plan on getting vaccinated when they've had adequate time for testing.
Given the Delta strain wouldn't have been around then, especially, better be safe than sorry and get the shot. Boyfriend thinks I might have had it back when they weren't testing here unless you were hospitalized, because I was hella sick for a while, but I can also get hella sick with regular colds, so *shrug.* Didn't get around to doing an antibody test before getting my first shot, so no knowing.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I just opted to go from fauxhawk to full mohawk, simpler to maintain and easier to wear earloop masks with.
When I was being PCS'd out of the Air Force, I had to have my base commander sign some things for me. When I went into his office, he said I needed a haircut. Okay, it was a bit long but hey, I was going to be a Civvie in two days. He said, I would get a haircut, he didn't care if I got a Mohawk, I would get my hair cut. Went to the barber shop, asked for a Mohawk. Barber asks if I'm getting out. yeah. Colonel Davis was not amused but he did say he would have to stop saying he didn't care If someone got a Mohawk. Wore that for almost a year, I guess.
I'm dreading the next Windows release at this point. Already have my system set up to dualboot with a Linux distro, but if the next Windows turns out to be a complete piece of shit I'll have to make some potentially interesting decisions there.
I'm sticking with Win 10 for now. I don't have Secure Boot or UEFI. Micro$oft will support Win 10 until 2025, then I go to some flavor of Linux for good. I am so over Windows, just when they get it sort of right, they eff up the OS again.

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
I'm sticking with Win 10 for now. I don't have Secure Boot or UEFI. Micro$oft will support Win 10 until 2025, then I go to some flavor of Linux for good. I am so over Windows, just when they get it sort of right, they eff up the OS again.

I believe they make it their job to be complete dickheads, like seriously, nearly 40 years since DOS, have they learned anything? Nope. They never will. Windows 10 is nothing more than a sack of shit, that has more fucking holes in it than Swiss cheese. I LOVE Linux, but it hates games so that's a no-go for me.

If I could have 7 I would, I love Windows 7 barely any issues with it. All they care about is money.

AkatsuriTaro

A Simply Stoned Bunny Babe
Venting bc there's some furs on this forum who honestly need to learn consent before even attempting to speak to people.
Smh.

Just had the most uncomfortable interaction ever, and I don't quite know how to deal with it without sounding rude.

zandelux

AKA Kardek
Venting bc there's some furs on this forum who honestly need to learn consent before even attempting to speak to people.
Smh.

Just had the most uncomfortable interaction ever, and I don't quite know how to deal with it without sounding rude.
I think if you explain what happened without naming names, it's fine. I think lots of people honestly don't know what constitutes inappropriate behavior, so maybe someone will learn something.

On the flipside, if you'll allow me to vent, it really irritates me when people take a person's awkwardness and just use it to talk shit about them behind their back. I have a diverse group of friends, and we just had an outing tonight that brought a lot of them together for the first time. One of my friends is on the autism spectrum, and he said something not even that bad, maybe borderline inappropriate. Another friend mentioned it to a group of us after the spectrum friend had left, and I was so angry about it. The way he said it:

"[spectrum friend] is so creepy! He asked me about X, and I responded Y, and then he said Z! Can you believe it?"

Why did he (neurotypical friend) have to talk about it that way? If you really care, bring it up to spectrum guy privately, or at least tell someone who is closer to him so that person could pass on the information. Otherwise you're just being a gossipy little shit. The worst part is that neurotypical friend knows that spectrum friend is on the spectrum, so I would hope that would factor into his thinking.

AkatsuriTaro

A Simply Stoned Bunny Babe
I think if you explain what happened without naming names, it's fine. I think lots of people honestly don't know what constitutes inappropriate behavior, so maybe someone will learn something.
To clarify at least this part; This person had messaged me, and after "showing respect" by "bowing", he immediately jumped into a NSFW roleplay without even asking me first. Mind you, I'm pretty open to roleplays, I just require consent before doing so.-

As for your story, I recently watched a Chicago Med episode that pertained to a similar situation, and not /all/ people are very knowledgable in how spectral-autistic people react to certain situations. I, myself, have been in a very dangerous situation involved with an autistic individual, and being as young as I was when it happened, I didn't know how to react, or what to say per se, so it was hard to not only deal with the individual when they felt down, but it was also hard to communicate clearly with them.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
To clarify at least this part; This person had messaged me, and after "showing respect" by "bowing", he immediately jumped into a NSFW roleplay without even asking me first. Mind you, I'm pretty open to roleplays, I just require consent before doing so.-
Another case of "I wish we had a facepalm emoji reaction". That is VERY much a boundary violation on that fur's part, and an especially critical one given the ages of some of our members.

On the flipside, if you'll allow me to vent, it really irritates me when people take a person's awkwardness and just use it to talk shit about them behind their back. I have a diverse group of friends, and we just had an outing tonight that brought a lot of them together for the first time. One of my friends is on the autism spectrum, and he said something not even that bad, maybe borderline inappropriate. Another friend mentioned it to a group of us after the spectrum friend had left, and I was so angry about it. The way he said it:

"[spectrum friend] is so creepy! He asked me about X, and I responded Y, and then he said Z! Can you believe it?"

Why did he (neurotypical friend) have to talk about it that way? If you really care, bring it up to spectrum guy privately, or at least tell someone who is closer to him so that person could pass on the information. Otherwise you're just being a gossipy little shit. The worst part is that neurotypical friend knows that spectrum friend is on the spectrum, so I would hope that would factor into his thinking.
You'd hope.

I don't want to bring in too much from the activist types on the autism spectrum, but this comes off as one of those "double empathy" things they describe: the autistic person said something maybe slightly out of line, not knowing how to respect the neurotypical's boundaries, and the neurotypical used a method of venting that was out of line, not being aware of the autistic person's feelings and mindset.

I say it like this, because I REALLY hope this isn't just a case of "the neurotypical is willing to exercise social power over the autistic person".

----------

So, I usually don't do videogame-related rants here, especially when there's already a thread for the videogame in question over on the PC forum. But one of them has a player-run site where you can put arrangements to buy or sell in-game items for in-game currency.

I put a large number of orders on said site yesterday, trying to get my hands on a backlog of relatively cheap but otherwise unavailable items I missed over two years of not playing said game.

I got swarmed for THREE. WHOLE. HOURS. with buy and sell offers. I really overestimated my capability to handle that sort of thing. (And I'm still not quite done as the game puts a cap on number of trades per day, but the worst is definitely over.)

While the trading was reputable, I noticed a couple players telling me I could have paid less or sold for more on some items.

Here's the thing, and actually the reason why I'm even bringing up the rant here in the first place: I put those prices as a "priced to move" kind of situation because I know my own neurology at least a little.

There's a REASON I don't own or manage a business with the kind of relative money sense I have (besides distance from possible customers), and it's because I've learned over the years that I do not have the capacity for impulse control. It's one of those "executive function" issues that never clicks, and the best way I can describe its real-world effect is "when I have to wait for something, especially when I was told I wouldn't have to wait, all my nerves start firing off".

Where it manifests in an in-game market is taking the first offer that sounds reasonably close and not looking back, not even caring that the player could turn around and resell it at a profit of their own. As far as real-world applications? I know very well I have no capacity to haggle (heaven forbid I wind up in the part of the real world where haggling is the norm!) and I know I'm at huge risk of financial exploitation. (My counter to the "financial exploitation" bit is "some services are worth WAY more to me than they are to you - if the exploiter is actually doing their job it's worth the cost. If you're that worried about me getting exploited, actively find someone who won't exploit and get them involved".)

It's sacrificing the "cheap" of the so-called Iron Triangle of "fast", "cheap", and "good". ("Good" in the case of an in-game market with what are essentially 100% standardized products amounts to "reputable sellers".)

While I'm on this, I notice my family has a lot of tendency to sacrifice "fast" in that triangle. They're perfectly content on waiting a VERY long time for the exact thing they want. So this willingness to sacrifice "cheap" instead is also a slight bit of rebellion against my family's ways.

Khione Frostfang

I've had times like that, Akatsuri, it's really annoying.

Completely forgot what the fuck I was going to post. Bollocks!

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
If you don't communicate how will the other person know what you are thinking/feeling?

For all they know everything is fine. Being Autistic could quite easily mean that one's understanding of personal boundaries is completely different. It's important to have a conversation about it with them on the topic if your boundaries have been violated.

"This is uncomfortable to me, so can you please stop doing this one particular thing? It would be greatly appreciated". As an example of how one can put it. No need to overcomplicate things. The simpler the better.

Khione Frostfang

Now I remember, it's bloody YouTube! Like, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL ARE THEY DOING?!

What the hell happened to "free speech", and other shit? I used to love watching a fuck ton of stuff on YouTube, without having to worry about "censorship" or any of that horseshit. I hear Twitch is just as bad! What fucking world are we living in? I miss the old YouTube, none of this PC bullshit, nor "censorship" or anything else! This is YOUTUBE, not YOUTUBE KIDS!

Why are they trying to turn YT into another YT for crotch goblins? Last time I checked, YouTube, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and so on, wasn't a fucking babysitter. If you didn't want the crotch goblin you spawned, keep your legs closed, and wrap it up!

I'm so tired of having "parents" use their iPhones, iPads or other things as a "virutal babysitter" because they can't be bothered to fucking PARENT! It's what exactly the two Thundercunts in the apartment above me are like, they never wanted the damn kid, only for money gain, yes kids are used as cash cows here, and to get a new apartment because they got booted out of their last one for not paying rent.

He often shouts and screams at the kid, as for the girlfriend, I think she sits on her arse all day on her phone, because she doesn't want to raise the kid she had.

If I was told I was infertile, I'd be throwing a goddamn party. I have a contraception coil inside me that prevents crotch goblins and also stops my out of control, 6 full months of non-stop periods (long story), which stopped since I had it put in, as it's due for replacement in 2025 I think or sooner, I can't remember, but I'd never have any because I hate kids and I have way too much wrong with me, to inflict that on another being. I'm not that selfish.

If any baby-brained fuckwit ever tells me I "have" to "reproduce" because I'm a female, I will tell them to stick their baby feving loving arses to FUCK OFF. It's a CHOICE, NOT a requirement! There's PLENTY out there to be adopted! I won't, because I don't like them and I have too many issues with my mental health. I mean c'mon, since the 1940s to the 1960s which I was told was when shit changed for the worst, where now nobody actually parents, and doesn't set bounderies nor use discipline. They'd get away with fucking murder! Hell, half these little shits don't even have manners.

People years ago managed to raise decent people, and there was no iPads or phones back then! Shit, we didn't have a PC until I was 9! I mostly played consoles, but still, I was born to game. But seriously, people having to "hide" anything that's "too scary" for hellspawns, don't. I played Resident Evil 1 when I was 8, I played Resident Evil 2 when I was 10 and I played Silent Hill when I was 11. Only reason I ended up with issues with Silent Hill 1 is because the NTSC-J nd PAL versions had censorship in place, which played with my broken mind for years.

But, I overcame my fear. If people aren't exposed to what's scary, how the hell can they deal with the real world? I've SEEN two pepole die in front of my very eyes, and even though it really sent my depression further into a black pit, I clawed my way back out. I have some good days, some shit days, but it's made me a stronger person for it. When shit goes wrong, I'm like "meh", because I'm so laid back now, because of the shit I went through and it has made me a stronger person even if I don't feel like it most days, but I'm still here, and alive.

I got loads of scars that I wear as trophies, because I'm still ALIVE. I'm a bit batshit crazy, but I've always been that way. I'm the nicest person you can meet, piss me off then you'll know another side to me. I do believe I do have a split personaility disorder, but reason I never told anyone is because I don't want that cruel side to me to be seen, at all.

I do have a short temper, made so much worse when it's hot as hell, but any other time, I'm just laid back. Like, my parents had it really shitty, as my late Dad have to quit working, just a week after my late brother was born, in 1980 due to medical grounds, so he raised my brother while my Mom worked, in which I came along 8 years later by chance, as my Mother was told she'd never have anymore children after my brother was born, yet I arrived in 1988.

My Dad would raise us both, when my Mom would work, as she had to look after her eldery Mother after my Grandfather died I think it was cancer, so she had to do all that, while working and taking care of us, which my Mom did miss 15 years of my life because of it, but still. She managed. She's survived 6 heart attacks, which it was down to stress that finally caught up with her, but she did everything she could for me and my brother, and my Dad when he started to go downhill, then the NHS ends up fucking killing him almost 3 years ago this year.

All I'm saying is, we need to stop giving snowflakes and the PC Thundercunts more ways to fuck up everything. If they don't like something because it "offends" them, look away, close your windows, turn a page, turn off the TV or radio and get on with fucking life, stop dragging everyone else down because they don't think like you do.

I will never "bow down" to these fuckers, I'm always blunt, always to the point, and I refuse to "change" my ways. I do have no fliter, but only off you piss me off then you'll get it, but seriously. What the hell happened to pepole? What the fuck happened to turn people into such pussies? What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I have shit mental health because I've had depression since childhood, but, I'm still fighting it to this day, but I'm still alive. Some days of certain months I do slip slightly, but once the day has ended, I slowly claw myself back to where I was before.

Don't let fear control you, don't let fear get the better of you. You can fight. You are strong. Be yourself, not what someone else things you "should" be. I've worn a mask for almost my whole life, to be somebody I wasn't, to change who I wasn't, yet as I got older, I would question myself as to why I'm not being who I actually am, to which when I finally came out as lesbian, I felt the chains and shackles of shame break away from me, I became free, the mask I had worn for so long was now broken.

If people can't accept you for who you are, fuck 'em. Let them go sit in a corner and cry me a fucking river, I will not allow people to change me, I will not change who I am and what I am. Some peopel are stuck in the Stone Age, not your problem, but theirs. Grow and become stronger!

Be who you are, if people don't like it: Then go fuck right on OFF, bitches!

Ah, apologies for the long post, all this has been building up for ages, and really needed to get it off my chest.

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
Jesus, this bloody heat.

Khione Frostfang

It's mostly cloudy/humid here. And I hope it DOES fuck off.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
People randomly telling me they take exception to something I said, and they don't get that they have more to lose than I do if they start burning bridges. Shit won't change my mind.

Also I've been reading the Godfather and start talking like a mobster

zandelux

AKA Kardek
@Khione Frostfang , are you a redditor? Because there's a subreddit you should check out (r/childfree) if you don't know about it already.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that you need to post there instead of here. If anything I like hearing rants like yours. But I'm subbed to r/childfree and "crotch goblin" is a pretty common phrase they use. I think it's hilarious, and it cleanses my palate after interacting with my baby-crazy family.

Khione Frostfang

Haha, I'm not but I do listen to YouTubers who do Reddit stories.

I really want to stab the fuck out of RE 6. The mechanics in the game are fucking useless. The bot doesn't help if I'm grabbed or being bitten to death, doesn't shoot back, just stands there just watching.... LIKE HELP ME HERE!

Seriously Capcom, after how RE4's ally mechanics were, I would of thought you fuckers would of polished it up a bit, not repeat the SAME shit from RE 4 and 5.

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid

As for your story, I recently watched a Chicago Med episode that pertained to a similar situation, and not /all/ people are very knowledgable in how spectral-autistic people react to certain situations. I, myself, have been in a very dangerous situation involved with an autistic individual, and being as young as I was when it happened, I didn't know how to react, or what to say per se, so it was hard to not only deal with the individual when they felt down, but it was also hard to communicate clearly with them.
I don't ever consider that kind of behavior "excusable" to go into NSFW discussions with someone who hasn't shown any interest in talking about those things. And I've seen some people make comments like "you should just block them." That's borderline victim blaming. It's not your fault that someone else can't have a conversation that doesn't involve their NSFW interests.

If someone sends you those kinds of messages, please go off on them. Let them have it. Tell them you don't want to talk to them about that stuff, it's weird and creepy.

I've seen too many friends in the fandom, especially women, try to be nice and polite because they feel sorry for the guy, they try to let him down easy. One of them got stalked for years because the guy wouldn't take "no" for an answer, he still thought the two of them were great friends even after she told him she wasn't interested in talking to him or RPing with him.

Don't be that person, it doesn't work.

O

O.D.D.

I don't ever consider that kind of behavior "excusable" to go into NSFW discussions with someone who hasn't shown any interest in talking about those things. And I've seen some people make comments like "you should just block them." That's borderline victim blaming. It's not your fault that someone else can't have a conversation that doesn't involve their NSFW interests.

If someone sends you those kinds of messages, please go off on them. Let them have it. Tell them you don't want to talk to them about that stuff, it's weird and creepy.

I've seen too many friends in the fandom, especially women, try to be nice and polite because they feel sorry for the guy, they try to let him down easy. One of them got stalked for years because the guy wouldn't take "no" for an answer, he still thought the two of them were great friends even after she told him she wasn't interested in talking to him or RPing with him.

Don't be that person, it doesn't work.
Most of the fandom has no understanding of the terms "boundaries", "decorum" or "caution"

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
And I've seen some people make comments like "you should just block them." That's borderline victim blaming.
Said advice is also, unfortunately, sometimes actually the only thing you can do in a situation like this.

Your answer is unfortunately only half right. "Letting them have it" will give you a chance to understand whether they can take a hint in the first place. However, there are plenty of people in this world who can't take a hint no matter how much you spell it out to them. You have to learn when to fold 'em with these people and outright prevent contact.

The real question is when they keep outright circumventing that (such as conning/coercing others into continuing it). That one, I can't give you advice - no seriously, them circumventing a block dips into clear targeted harassment territory and at that point my ideas for stopping the problem would probably run afoul of site rules and actual laws. If you have more faith in anti-bullying organizations or laws than I do, more power to you.

Last edited:

Khione Frostfang

Y'know what, fuck Reisdent Evil 6, I'm done with it. I'm fucking getting killed and the AI just STANDS there, not opening fire, nor even helping. Nice clusterfuck, Capcom.

Resistance was as about as 'fun' as watching paint dry on a wall. PVP is not my thing in any game, let alone Resident Evil.