• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
I hate taking the time to map out a network and keep current on updates to it. Then when the system fails, turning that schematic over to someone, highlighting the failed section that needs reset, and having a technician once again trying to impress his section's boss by mansplaining my system and its operation back to me as he fixes what I already told him needing fixed like he came up with it.

I also hate the fact i stew on things like this for days when I really want to get confrontational and let him have it, but I feel stupidly ashamed and guilty at being that mad in public, and racked with anger, guilt, and frustration that I have to be restrained and even tempered when I present myself. I hate feeling like a terrible person in situations like this.

Ok, that felt good typing and may let me feel better posting it. I need wine.
I actually have to disagree with this! Adoption is an extremely hard and tedious process, and more than half the time, the adoptee will back out of the adoption process. This has happened in my own family; Cousin and his woman were suppose to adopt their newborn out to their friend who struggled for years to have a child, and when everything was said and done, things bought, rooms painted, every little thing, my cousins girl decided to back out of the situation, and well, nobody has had contact with her since; This also resulted in their friend's relationship failing, because all it caused was major arguments between everyone.

Also, as someone who cannot have kids, IVF is my only viable option. My body refuses to produce offspring, and I've been having unprotected loves for the past 5 years. Every, single, month, I check for pregnancy, and it's a no go. For me to even be able to physically have kids, I have to take birth control which prevents said pregnancy, but also provides me with the hormones my body refuses to produce.

IVF can sometimes lead into the discovery of other curable and non-curable diseases in the body, so I wouldn't be even partially against it.

Chicago Med actually speaks a lot on this, and about 85% (The highest rating in the film industry) of the medical advice given is actually accurate; it also gives incredible stories related to the pain and suffering a lot of women feel when they go through stuff like this.

AkatsuriTaro- omg! I'm so, so sorry for your situation. I hope everything works out.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
It's horrible what just happened to Hatun Tash. Speaker's corner is apparently no longer a safe place.

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
Fuck's sake, haven't played Super Mario Bros 3 in ages, and I still do the same shit I did as a kid:

Follow the 1 UP to my death. Dammit!

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
I hate it when companies have the "corporate track" management programs, where they hire people to be managers and supervisors in environments where they've NEVER actually worked. For example, hiring someone to be a supervisor in a manufacturing facility, and that person has never actually worked a job in that facility, they have no idea how to address the problems, but they think that being a supervisor means they know more than the people doing those jobs every day.

This is why companies fail, and this is why companies can't retain employees.

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
I've got so much to get off my chest, especially recently, but I'll be a big boy and not write an essay on a forum post. I guess the best way to summarize it is with this statement: being kind is hard.

I'm not talking about your surface-level kindness. Being polite, saying nice things, having manners. Being nice to people isn't hard to do if you make an effort to. It's getting hurt by other people and having the strength and sincerity to smile, reaching out to people who need help but refuse to take it, yet come back to you looking for advice and more often than not trying to shut it down. Loving the people you don't even realize you hate, or didn't realize you always hated but refused to acknowledge that it was possible because you don't hate anyone and try so hard to be a beacon, an example of what true kindness looks like.

It's not even hard. It's genuinely impossible to be truly so kind you can look through everything against you and have your heart shine bright.
Good words.

And I agree, there is a difference between just being "nice and polite" versus being "authentic and good." I've seen people go through all the motions of being "nice," they say the right things and do the right things at all the right times just to give the impression they're decent people. Usually to get what they want out of a situation. But they're not really "good" people. Their ultimate intentions are selfish and eventually that will surface. It's not a pleasant revelation when you find out that the person who has been "nice" to you was only doing it to get something out of you.

Being a "kind" person may not always benefit you, and sometimes that sucks. I've found that out, too. It may not always be reciprocated or appreciated.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I hate it when companies have the "corporate track" management programs, where they hire people to be managers and supervisors in environments where they've NEVER actually worked. For example, hiring someone to be a supervisor in a manufacturing facility, and that person has never actually worked a job in that facility, they have no idea how to address the problems, but they think that being a supervisor means they know more than the people doing those jobs every day.

I'm optimistic this changing because of the general workforce attrition due the pandemic, but I've done consultations with clients who have shift from this model, either by training then promoting employees from the workplace in question or at least bringing in someone who worked in that environment and making them a supervisor. But managers and supervisors need to do their research and understand how their workplaces and coworkers function.

Rimna

Well-Known Monkey

Aye, this is the case with my current workplace, which is why I'm actively seeking new employment.

This is the most incompetent management I've ever worked under.

zandelux

AKA Kardek
I want a woman so bad; I feel so incomplete.
It's cliche, but it's still true: another person can't complete you. If you feel incomplete single, you'll still feel incomplete in a relationship. A romantic partner should be like a garden for your house, something that complements what you already have. They should not be the foundation/walls/roof/etc. to a house that's missing them.

O

O.D.D.

Just realized I accidentally left the cornbread unrefrigerated and it's all funky and gross.

Hate wasting food.

T

the sleepiest kitty

Whenever I try to vent to my friend Mike, he makes the entire conversation about himself. Also he says "lol" after literally everything he says. *groans*

He also likes to say "I'm such a psychopath lol" like antisocial personality disorder were a fucking joke. It's not. My uncle actually has it and it's no joke.

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
It's cliche, but it's still true: another person can't complete you. If you feel incomplete single, you'll still feel incomplete in a relationship. A romantic partner should be like a garden for your house, something that complements what you already have. They should not be the foundation/walls/roof/etc. to a house that's missing them.
It does feel like it would fill in a huge gap in my life though.

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
It does feel like it would fill in a huge gap in my life though.
You need to carry your own weight in a relationship or it's going to end up an unhealthy one, mate. A relationship should add to your happiness, not be a founding block for you to be happy. You essentially put your happiness in the hands of someone else's lap/hands.

It will lead to a lot of unwanted issues as well as opens up doors for abuse and exploitation.

ConorHyena

road warrior
I dislike the way Ford made the wheel bearings on my Mustang.

why not have normal wheel bearings like any other car, or at least ones that can be re-tightened with a proper nut.

*goes to seek out bearing puller*

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
I dislike the way Ford made the wheel bearings on my Mustang.

why not have normal wheel bearings like any other car, or at least ones that can be re-tightened with a proper nut.

*goes to seek out bearing puller*
I dislike your face!

*pets*

ben909

vaporeon... *spills* ... wait espeon now
And now for the transcription of a conversation I had with my camera earlier today:

Me: That's a pretty big bird coming right at me. Oh wow! It's a bald eagle!

Camera: Did you want me to focus on this branch?

Me: No! Get the eagle!

Camera: What do you think of these leaves?

Me: He's going to get away!

Camera: Check out this cool utility pole.

Me: God damn it!

Camera: Hey, was that a bald eagle?

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Baby bro asked to play Fortnite after a long break.
Okay.
"Oh no. I forgot to thank the bus driver!"
Me: )8< WHAT? Now we're gonna lose!!!
"We've been losing every game! How is it gonna make it worse?"
*Power goes out*

I FUCKING TOLD YOU--

ben909

aaaaaaaaa

... have not played fortnite in a long time... did not want to download it on a 10mbs internet and leave laptop on for 48 hours to get it

ben909