• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
Well

Some bourgie cunts just bought my Stepdad's employers out

And today, they announced he's among the employee's they're laying off to cut back on expenses

I'm fortunate enough to have gotten effective financial independence last year when I moved out, but this might mean they have to move. Best case he gets a job that pays half.

T

the sleepiest kitty

Just had someone DM me with the message "*bites your ass*". Lolwut

The_biscuits_532

I don't even feel sexual attraction. It's clear that I don't in my profile. But...
I'm convinced people never read these things. I've started just ignoring any DM that starts with shit like "Hi" or "how are you" because they almost always turn out to be from weirdos that are trying to solicit nudes or convert me into a Neo-Nazi or something.

T

the sleepiest kitty

I'm convinced people never read these things. I've started just ignoring any DM that starts with shit like "Hi" or "how are you" because they almost always turn out to be from weirdos that are trying to solicit nudes or convert me into a Neo-Nazi or something.
Neo-Nazi? That's new to me, I didn't know they DMed people to try to convert them. Weird x.x

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
Whenever I get a random DM, I always check their profile, mutual servers, mutual friends, to find out how they got to me. If they look or seem shady (pfp, name, etc) I ignore them or more often block.

The_biscuits_532

Ah. What kind of weird questions if you don't mind me asking?
Mostly just asking me specifics about the leanings of my lecturers. Feels like they're gathering proof for the whole "all academia is icky libtards" thing you see going around. Both of mine are actually openly right wing, not that they let it conflict with what they teach.

T

the sleepiest kitty

Mostly just asking me specifics about the leanings of my lecturers. Feels like they're gathering proof for the whole "all academia is icky libtards" thing you see going around. Both of mine are actually openly right wing, not that they let it conflict with what they teach.
I hate when they use phrases like "libtards" and "conservaturds". Why can't they just accept the fact that not everyone shares the same opinion? Like, hello... accept reality :0

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
I hate when they use phrases like "libtards" and "conservaturds". Why can't they just accept the fact that not everyone shares the same opinion? Like, hello... accept reality :0
"Conservaturd"? That's a new one to me, although its definition is pretty easy to ascertain.

I do have to wonder how many of the people using the two phrases are trying to fit in by using these, how many have perceived suffering at the hands of the side they're insulting, and how many actually DIRECTLY suffered through the target side's policies rather than their individuals.

That's as far down this political rabbit-hole as I dare go.

The_biscuits_532

"Conservaturd"? That's a new one to me, although its definition is pretty easy to ascertain.

I do have to wonder how many of the people using the two phrases are trying to fit in by using these, how many have perceived suffering at the hands of the side they're insulting, and how many actually DIRECTLY suffered through the target side's policies rather than their individuals.

That's as far down this political rabbit-hole as I dare go.
Yes I think it'd be wise to move on.

What I will say though, is that I have learned both through my course and by talking online, is that you have to use a gentler touch with individuals. You ain't gonna convince someone you're right by sending them threats.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I feel like I come back here to the vent threads way too much. I am not sure what else to do with all these emotions though.
Keep using the vent thread! Don't even think about whether you use it a lot or not!

The vent thread is basically a second home for me and some others. If it helps even a teeny bit, or gives you a chance to hear some life-changing advice, take it!

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Yep.

That's why they're banned here.

I don't know the specifics but from what I've gathered it's less of a legal ban and more an angry mob type ban.
I mean, all newspapers would be banned everywhere if crappy journalism was grounds to ban them

The_biscuits_532

I mean, all newspapers would be banned everywhere if crappy journalism was grounds to ban them
As I said from what I've gathered it's more of an informal ban, in that the general public gets angry if merchants try and sell it.

And The Sun is a whole other tier of crappy. The reason Liverpool specifically hates it is due to their coverage of The Hillsborough Disaster, during which they blamed the football fans rather than poor management, going as far to claim they robbed the corpses and attacked first responders.