• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
I mean, all newspapers would be banned everywhere if crappy journalism was grounds to ban them
As I said from what I've gathered it's more of an informal ban, in that the general public gets angry if merchants try and sell it.

And The Sun is a whole other tier of crappy. The reason Liverpool specifically hates it is due to their coverage of The Hillsborough Disaster, during which they blamed the football fans rather than poor management, going as far to claim they robbed the corpses and attacked first responders.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
As I said from what I've gathered it's more of an informal ban, in that the general public gets angry if merchants try and sell it.

And The Sun is a whole other tier of crappy. The reason Liverpool specifically hates it is due to their coverage of The Hillsborough Disaster, during which they blamed the football fans rather than poor management, going as far to claim they robbed the corpses and attacked first responders.
Eh that kind of catastrophic mistakes are routine in the press, that's pretty mild. The new york times won a Pulitzer for Holodomor negationism

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Congrats, you've just described The Sun.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with that newspaper
Whilst idly viewing this story I found a bit in the aforementioned rag describing CC as 'Top Comic designer'.....
I'm tossing up either, coughing up a lung with laughter or being mortally offended.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
-"[Complex music genre] is too elitist!", whine multimillionaires growing fatter and wealthier on the production of formulaic garbage.
-Kiwifarms' greatest crime is enabling CWC to survive as long as it has.

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
Where to fucking begin.

Yesterday, my buddy and I (soon, his friends) we all played a few matches of Dead by Daylight, and my god nothing has fucking changed, mostly with how the devs are.

I don't remember how long it's been since I started the game, but it's become a fucking shit show of a game, and keeps getting worse.

Before, it was under Starbreeze/Overkill, then Behaviour or whatever they were called before took over, and the game's gone to shit since. Game has had so many issues since they took over, while they clearly don't know how the game works, nor how to 'balance' the game.

In the older days, you had "infinites", means, you could happily vault over a window, or opening, time and again which I thought was perfect because it would fight back against "tunnelers", these thundercunts who go after the same Survivor who just got saved, and you get ones that camp at your hook. They still DO this shit, now. And the devs have NO problems with it!

They ban people, yet when it comes to cheaters or hackers, they turn a blind eye. Us lot had a few games of this shit:

Wallhacks, VPNs (they bypass the fact they used to abuse their ping, to make US lag), as back then, the Killer was always the lobby host, so if they wanted to be dicks, they would piss about with their connection so it doesn't effect them, but effects the players in said lobby, plus we get people who play Huntress use aimbots. I did love how the devs got OWNED by 2 Streamers, it was hilarious! It proves they have no idea what they are doing.

They've been given reports, and evidence of hacks and other shit, and they don't do a damn thing.

They rather spit out broken patches, broken buffs to certain Killers (back then, there was only 2 I believe, then more came along), hell the RPD map got disabled for a while due to issues, but the problems haven't been fixed. It works for Survivors, but for Killers they suffer massive FPS issues.

Pissing around with the Perks. Before, the Killer Perk, "No One Escapes Death" aka NOED for short was a normal simple Perk, that would active when all 5 generators were repaired, and it allowed the Killer to one shot Survivors. Now, it's a Hex Perk, as when they brought in The Hag aka. The Midget, she runs Hex Perks, so they changed NOED to a Hex Perk, but the only way to disable NOED is to find all Dull Totems around the maps, but if one is missed and the Killer had NOED, you have to hunt around to find the Hex Totem and get rid of it.

I got camped to death with my buddy and his friends, because it was a Leatherface, and A LOT of players who play that annoying cunt always camp you to death. They wait for someone to save, then instant down them with the chainsaw, which is what The Hillbilly does.

Before there was an exploit, where people could turn HB's chainsaw to curve so it would always hit the player, by using the arrow keys, but I have a feeling they still left that issue in the game, but through another way.

I really can't see how camping someone is "legit strategy", it just allows you to get gen rushed. Same with tunneling. You're gonna get gen rushed for it, too. I will say, paws up that I am a shit Killer, because I lack of a sense of direction so I easily lose my targets, but I do say "gg" to Survivors who are able to escape me, but I don't say "gg" to cheaters.

I just wish these devs would fuck off and let people who actually give a shit about the game, to improve it, who know how to balance and not have it often one sided like it is right now.

The_biscuits_532

Sneaky rainforest kitty
Well

Some bourgie cunts just bought my Stepdad's employers out

And today, they announced he's among the employee's they're laying off to cut back on expenses

I'm fortunate enough to have gotten effective financial independence last year when I moved out, but this might mean they have to move. Best case he gets a job that pays half.
Update

Estate agents are coming over to value the house tomorrow

Chomby

Monsters are hot. :)
I don't know how people just make adopts that sell. My adopts are either boring, too weird, or look too much like a character of mine. It's fucking frustrating.

I wanted to take a break from commissions and have some fun designing characters but I guess I fucking suck. I guess I don't have the magic touch. I give up.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
While we don't exactly have the best record re:interactions on here: Don't sell your artistic talents short. Also don't be disheartened by Adopts, more often than not timing is quite literally the most deciding factor in whether they sell / for how much.

Chomby

While we don't exactly have the best record re:interactions on here: Don't sell your artistic talents short. Also don't be disheartened by Adopts, more often than not timing is quite literally the most deciding factor in whether they sell / for how much.
I guess I'm impatient because I don't want to wait 2 months to sell a $20 adopt.
Yes I have waited that long. It's just not worth it anymore.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
I guess I'm impatient because I don't want to wait 2 months to sell a $20 adopt.
Yes I have waited that long. It's just not worth it anymore.
It's more a matter that the main thrust of the Adopt market loses interest about two pages / five minutes of searching in. Which is why well timed adopts seem to sell instantaneously (as well as ripple through various users' favorites in flash-fire bidding wars) and others seemingly teleport to into the Land of Misfit Toys. As well as why many 'successful' Adopt artists keep on advertising the same work over and over and over (and FA had to implement rules with how often somebody can advertise the same work specifically to counter).

That said, again: Do not sell your artistic merits or enjoyment of creation short.

LameFox

Design is really its own distinct skill that develops separately from art that's just meant to look pleasing—you don't necessarily get one by working on the other, and you can enjoy one without enjoying the other, too. It might be that you just don't like it a whole lot. It might also be that your skill at illustrative art exceeds your skill at design so that you can see it's 'weird' or 'boring' but lack the experience to know what to do differently.

That said, it's still only a skill and you can develop it, no magic necessary.

Chomby

Yeah making adopts is just not for me anymore.
I get compliments a lot on characters I've designed so I must be doing something right. Maybe my adopts are crap because if I make one I like, I'll want to keep it.
Whatever. I appreciate the responses but I'm just not doing it anymore.

It's easier to just take commissions.

JaceyOnes

chubby lil brown pygmy goat
chris rock or kevin hart.png

Rimna

Well-Known Monkey
Bacon cheeseburger please. -w-

With the constant rise in food and rent, that might only last me a few years! :mad:

You know, I was recently talking to an ex-coworker about it. Some time ago, one million would be so much that it seems like it can last a life time. Nowadays, if I have 1 million in my currency I can buy.... a house and two apartments and enough money for a car, and to pay for taxes and upkeep for a few years. Not worth.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I feel cold on the outside but hot on the inside. Probably getting sick.
You know, I was recently talking to an ex-coworker about it. Some time ago, one million would be so much that it seems like it can last a life time. Nowadays, if I have 1 million in my currency I can buy.... a house and two apartments and enough money for a car, and to pay for taxes and upkeep for a few years. Not worth.

Its true! Even if you purchased one home for 100,000, that money would still only last a few years!

And with the unpredictable future and flooding, its gonna cause even more financial strain!

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
Been quite a while since I had a drink, a decent one too, feel like I should treat myself, especially with all the stress going on.