• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
I do hate those who don't believe in mental illness, like seriosuly, it DOES exist, it's existed for a fuck load of years, but it's more understandable now, than it was back in the 1800 or so. Not everyone wants to have a mental illness, it just can happen.

I've had depression since childhood, and now as an adult, it really still does bring me to my knees, most days. Now with this virus still going on, it's made it slightly worse because I don't want to risk going out, even though I'm double vaccinated, because people over here don't listen, and do what they please, thus why this virus won't go away and die off.

Mental illness is a pain in the ass, some can be hard to treat, but don't give in, don't let it control you, if I were to let mine fully take me over, I wouldn't be alive. Keep fighting it, it's an entity, but you are in control. I still fight mine very day, some days I have really good ones, when I do have really shitty days, my mind fills with dread, where I get such awful thoughts on what I want to do myself (not good things), but I remind myself that the thoughts are not me, they're just the depression talking.

I hope it goes well for you, Firuthi, mental illness and phsycial illnesses can be a real dick, but fight through the pain, and stand tall and proud, adding a notch to your belt each time you give either condition a kick in the ass.
I haven't seen many people who don't believe in mental illness, however, I've seen a lot of instances of those who do not take it seriously, downplay it, use it as a weapon against the sufferer(s), and/or think the sufferers are just making excuses, and think they are merely unavailing to this world.

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
Augh, I really hate when I'm tired it makes me feel bored to death.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
So, uh, good news and bad news.

Good news is, I won't have to rush car-buying or house-buying at this time.

Bad news is, the car issue I had is one I will have to foot the bill for. A little over a thousand dollars.

The bad news is actually a bit mixed, though, as it's a sign that my parents FINALLY listened to me and are letting me cover my own expenses more and more. I've actually been hinting at things like this for a while now, but I guess I was too subtle before.

EDIT: Oh, and some ACTUAL bad news.

I got a notification that I was getting an interview (from something where I applied over a year ago), but they wanted a standard job application filled out. Turns out, and I don't know if it's my autism or the fact that I've had so many job rejections in the past, that I wind up in panic-attack mode even THINKING about job applications or interviews, PERIOD. And the only thing that works to stop it is shunting the thing out of my mind entirely. It's THAT crippling.

I literally don't know what I'll do or if I can even work a standard job if I lose the one I already have.

Last edited:

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Heat is once again making it impossible for me to do anything fun.
I want my birthday to arrive so the fam will be gone on vacation and I can have the whole place to myself. XD
I won't have to worry about locking myself in my room...
Might finally be able to get those drawings done. -w-
Just... 8-9 more days.

pilgrimfromoblivion

UOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :sob:
Heat is once again making it impossible for me to do anything fun.
I want my birthday to arrive so the fam will be gone on vacation and I can have the whole place to myself. XD
I won't have to worry about locking myself in my room...
Might finally be able to get those drawings done. -w-
Just... 8-9 more days.
What are you planning to do for your b-day? My favorite thing to do is just sit in the corner and have an existential crisis.

TyraWadman

What are you planning to do for your b-day? My favorite thing to do is just sit in the corner and have an existential crisis.
Oh don't worry, I do that every year.
"OhgodI'mturning20andihaven'tdoneanythingwithmylife"
"OHGOD IM ALMOST 30 AND I STILL HAVENT DONE ANYTHING WITH MY LIFE"

I'll just stuff my face and do what I do on a daily basis XD

pilgrimfromoblivion

Oh don't worry, I do that every year.
"OhgodI'mturning20andihaven'tdoneanythingwithmylife"
"OHGOD IM ALMOST 30 AND I STILL HAVENT DONE ANYTHING WITH MY LIFE"

I'll just stuff my face and do what I do on a daily basis XD
Hell I do that practically everyday. I'm gonna be turning 16 in January and I am not looking forward to it. My parents are going to try to and stuff me in a car and I've spent the past few months dreading it.

TyraWadman

Hell I do that practically everyday. I'm gonna be turning 16 in January and I am not looking forward to it. My parents are going to try to and stuff me in a car and I've spent the past few months dreading it.

Trust me when I say getting your driver's license can open up a lot more opportunity: you can go wherever, whenever, and you can sometimes find higher-paying jobs with it.

My family did not give me that kind of support and I'm at the mercy of bumming rides, paying overpriced cabs, or basing my life around a shitty bus schedule. :(

pilgrimfromoblivion

Trust me when I say getting your driver's license can open up a lot more opportunity: you can go wherever, whenever, and you can sometimes find higher-paying jobs with it.

My family did not give me that kind of support and I'm at the mercy of bumming rides, paying overpriced cabs, or basing my life around a shitty bus schedule. :(
That's really shitty to hear. :(

Khione Frostfang

Moody Leopardess - Approach with caution!
Turning 30? Jeez, makes me feel old at 33. XD

Had Dentist yesterday, and turns out I have a hole in one of my fillings, where I have to drink cold/icy cold drinks through a fucking straw, because I have sensitive teeth and I use the sensitive stuff twice a day, if anything cool/cold/ice cold touches my tooth, it fucking HURTS! But, for whatever reason, I have to wait until the end of September (30th) to have it fixed.

What. the. fuck.

O

O.D.D.

Managed to get a transfer to a different facility in lieu of just resigning outright, it's much less convenient for me, the only good thing is that I shouldn't have to deal with that one jackass anymore - we'll see if that makes the difference

At this point I'm just treading water until SOMETHING better I've applied for becomes an option

TyraWadman

Wish there was more style to choose from when it comes to furniture and decor. I hate the standard love laugh, or the icky wicker basket styles. Or the shit that clearly looks (and feels) like it came from Walmart.

Its either super cheap garbage, or overpriced 6000$ nightstands that are painted all white and aren't even made with some kind of fancy wood.

Itd be cool to have something that even slightly reflected my style. >8(

O

O.D.D.

Wish there was more style to choose from when it comes to furniture and decor. I hate the standard love laugh, or the icky wicker basket styles. Or the shit that clearly looks (and feels) like it came from Walmart.

Its either super cheap garbage, or overpriced 6000$ nightstands that are painted all white and aren't even made with some kind of fancy wood.

Itd be cool to have something that even slightly reflected my style. >8(
Might not be an option for you but figured I'd suggest it - have you looked at some of the "unfinished furniture" stores or considered possibly building your own (that might be well out of your means but I enjoyed it when I had the tools for it)

O

O.D.D.

I do not understand temporal autocorrelation.

I *super* do not understand spatial autocorrelation.
the only thing I understand about those is the etymological roots and other than that I have no idea what they really relate to

like the term "autocorrelation" seems strange because auto=self and correlation combined seems... redundant

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
the only thing I understand about those is the etymological roots and other than that I have no idea what they really relate to

Temporal autocorrelation is when a series of data collected over time exhibits repeating patterns or such. The observation made at any point in time is therefore related to observations at a previous time.

Spatial autocorrelation is when a spread of observations made in a variety of locations exhibit spatially-structured patterns of similarity.

These are troublesome because in many statistical approaches it is assumed that observations are independent of one another, and this non-independence can result in flawed assessments of what is driving variation in the observations, or whether it is significant.

O

O.D.D.

Temporal autocorrelation is when a series of data collected over time exhibits repeating patterns or such. The observation made at any point in time is therefore related to observations at a previous time.

Spatial autocorrelation is when a spread of observations made in a variety of locations exhibit spatially-structured patterns of similarity.

These are troublesome because in many statistical approaches it is assumed that observations are independent of one another, and this non-independence can result in flawed assessments of what is driving variation in the observations, or whether it is significant.
oh, it's statistics, that explains why I'm confused

TyraWadman

Might not be an option for you but figured I'd suggest it - have you looked at some of the "unfinished furniture" stores or considered possibly building your own (that might be well out of your means but I enjoyed it when I had the tools for it)
Thank you so much!!!
Now my next hurdle is finding a place that will be close enough/be willing to ship to my location. :')

So many technical names for everything.

I would have tried building it if I had the skill but I can't even make a straight line with a ruler. XD

O

O.D.D.

Thank you so much!!!
Now my next hurdle is finding a place that will be close enough/be willing to ship to my location. :')

I would have tried building it if I had the skill but I can't even make a straight line with a ruler. XD
I do find that a lot of those types of stores (and depending on your locality things like "Amish furniture stores") tend to have good offerings at reasonable prices, and you can generally stain/seal/finish/whatever the stuff you buy to your tastes

People painting over pretty wood grain is a huge peeve of mine and my roommate's, I love the look of wood grain and don't understand why you'd want to cover it up - there are some "furniture restoration" videos where they take an older piece of wood furniture (ACTUAL wood furniture with grain, not necessarily SUPER NICE but it looks fine and is sturdy) and just paint it top to bottom, makes me and roommate scream mentally

Rimna

Well-Known Monkey
Thank you so much!!!

Just make a bunch of crooked, curved tables, nightstands and furnitures, and call it "abstract art".

TyraWadman

I do find that a lot of those types of stores (and depending on your locality things like "Amish furniture stores") tend to have good offerings at reasonable prices, and you can generally stain/seal/finish/whatever the stuff you buy to your tastes

People painting over pretty wood grain is a huge peeve of mine and my roommate's, I love the look of wood grain and don't understand why you'd want to cover it up - there are some "furniture restoration" videos where they take an older piece of wood furniture (ACTUAL wood furniture with grain, not necessarily SUPER NICE but it looks fine and is sturdy) and just paint it top to bottom, makes me and roommate scream mentally

I usually like the wooden look too. Walnut and cherry styled stuff seem to hold my attention the longest.

Don't really see.myself as the all white furniture type since I drop and spill everything. XD

TyraWadman

Internet is gonna be out again, and on my day off. So no internet, no nuthin' all day. We'll see if the fam decides to go out or not, that way I can at least get some drawing time alone.

Co-workers are still being asswipes. Apparently I'm supposed to be a cashier AND a surveillance system, complete with ten arms that extend to every isle in the store. He claimed it was my fault that something got stolen a day after getting back from my vacation, which, by the way, was an absolute unrestful disaster.

With an empty house the dog was whining and feeling more lonely more often, even if I was there. He'd demand walkies at every waking moment. Literally. He'd wake up from his nap, and even if it was 3AM and pitch black outside, he'd be sobbing until I caved. By the end of the week I was so sleep deprived my chest was hurting and my muscles were all pinched and clenched.

Still not feeling like I've caught up 100% but still better than when they were away.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Internet is gonna be out again, and on my day off. So no internet, no nuthin' all day. We'll see if the fam decides to go out or not, that way I can at least get some drawing time alone.

Co-workers are still being asswipes. Apparently I'm supposed to be a cashier AND a surveillance system, complete with ten arms that extend to every isle in the store. He claimed it was my fault that something got stolen a day after getting back from my vacation, which, by the way, was an absolute unrestful disaster.

With an empty house the dog was whining and feeling more lonely more often, even if I was there. He'd demand walkies at every waking moment. Literally. He'd wake up from his nap, and even if it was 3AM and pitch black outside, he'd be sobbing until I caved. By the end of the week I was so sleep deprived my chest was hurting and my muscles were all pinched and clenched.

Still not feeling like I've caught up 100% but still better than when they were away.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Welcome back

*hugs ya tightly*