• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
I feel like my only practical hobbies that I can actually do is only appealing/compatible with boomers, that being literature and piano. It hurts my reputation as you millennials/Gen Z nowadays mostly can’t understand meaning in literature and are addicted to freelance art and kpop (just some examples).

Even though I’m a gamer and up to date with memes, I can’t really offer much to society in terms of entertainment and services that the current generation embraces. I’m essentially an obsolete person. And as a result, I’m just brushed aside and is considered as a nobody by most. It not only makes me feel worthless, but it’s forcing me into the minority statues which affects my social status quo as well.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I feel like my only practical hobbies that I can actually do is only appealing/compatible with boomers, that being literature and piano. It hurts my reputation as you millennials/Gen Z nowadays mostly can’t understand meaning in literature and are addicted to freelance art and kpop (just some examples).

Even though I’m a gamer and up to date with memes, I can’t really offer much to society in terms of entertainment and services that the current generation embraces. I’m essentially an obsolete person. And as a result, I’m just brushed aside and is considered as a nobody by most. It not only makes me feel worthless, but it’s forcing me into the minority statues which affects my social status quo as well.
Nobody needs to appeal to everybody. Even the tiniest niche is big enough to have fun. Sounds like more of a networking problem.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Like always, the boss hires family and friends of the Filipinos working here and shortly after, some inexplicable health problems arise that put them out of commission.

Two are on vacation, two new cashiers have called off two days in a row. People show up late. Tired of being on cash all day. :')

Time isn't going fast enough. I want to move into my new house.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child

I think we're 7 or so years apart and I still have this problem with people my age. Most people wanna drink, do drugs and drink or follow the hype scene. People I do tend to talk to/get along with end up being around 10 years younger or older than me.

Also most people seem to be into rock, country and pop so I can definitely understand the struggle with classical/instrumental music not being much of an ice breaker.

Parabellum3

Nobody needs to appeal to everybody. Even the tiniest niche is big enough to have fun. Sounds like more of a networking problem.
An audience is what drives me to write, which is something I barely have right now.
I think we're 7 or so years apart and I still have this problem with people my age. Most people wanna drink, do drugs and drink or follow the hype scene. People I do tend to talk to/get along with end up being around 10 years younger or older than me.

Also most people seem to be into rock, country and pop so I can definitely understand the struggle with classical/instrumental music not being much of an ice breaker.
And I don’t even plan on publicly performing as of now because I am not a pro player at all. Unless I get an expensive ass MIDI keyboard, I can perform pieces flawlessly since I can correct any mistakes. Plus, I’m just a performer, and not a composer. Same thing as being a commissioner, and not the artist.

I'm Gen Z and I enjoy piano performances, and reading literature too. I don't think it's only appealing to boomers.

Parabellum3

I'm Gen Z and I enjoy piano performances, and reading literature too. I don't think it's only appealing to boomers.
Are you referring to live or MIDI performances? And do you read novels strictly from millionaire chad authors like Mark Twain, George Orwell, H. G Wells, JK Rowling, Jack London, Tom Clancy, etc?

Either MIDI or live, I don't have a preference. I can't exactly go see any piano, or any concerts for that matter right now though due to Covid though. So I mostly just listen to it online along with all my other music. As for authors, I read whatever interests me personally. It doesn't matter if they're famous or not. I read this series recently by Lois McMaster Bujold called the Vorkosigan Saga that I thought was pretty interesting. But I also read poems and short stories, like "Girl" by Jamaica Kincaid or Two Kinds by Amy Tan.

Parabellum3

Either MIDI or live, I don't have a preference. I can't exactly go see any piano, or any concerts for that matter right now though due to Covid though. So I mostly just listen to it online along with all my other music. As for authors, I read whatever interests me personally. It doesn't matter if they're famous or not. I read this series recently by Lois McMaster Bujold called the Vorkosigan Saga that I thought was pretty interesting. But I also read poems and short stories, like "Girl" by Jamaica Kincaid or Two Kinds by Amy Tan.
What kind of performances have you seen? And bruh these are again pro authors, Two Kinds is a graphic novel as well. I’m talking about freelance authors who put up their work on FanFiction.Net, Quotev, Wattpad, etc.

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf

Drake - Sunglasses.png

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Fcomega121

Friendly Lady Blitz von Reolvia
You know? Just, fuck off, my mum keeps up with genderizing things and being stupid....

I feel bad and I cant be my usual happy self, I... Just....

Aaaagghhh!.....
You know this was stupid after all. Why does my gender matters? That guy in this thread who told me to drop it was right

I'm just so tired right now...
I am hurted and I don't knwo what ill do. Let her keep the stupid girl things, I dont ccare anymore. My feelings are getting cramped again

I just love how my happy day got ruined by her just in a second....

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
What kind of performances have you seen? And bruh these are again pro authors, Two Kinds is a graphic novel as well. I’m talking about freelance authors who put up their work on FanFiction.Net, Quotev, Wattpad, etc.
Pretty sure they mean an entirely different Two Kinds than the one you're thinking of. What with Tom Fischbach not being Amy Tan.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
An audience is what drives me to write, which is something I barely have right now.
Do you really need an audience? if you do whatever you do well, people will gather in the end. Fame is not a good motivator because it's abstract while telling a story you want to tell, is not.

Parabellum3

Do you really need an audience? if you do whatever you do well, people will gather in the end. Fame is not a good motivator because it's abstract while telling a story you want to tell, is not.
Idk man, I feel like that’s what I really need. Why write something when you’re not presenting it to anybody? Unlike art where you can visually admire your own work, in literature, writing is a method of presenting your story developed from your mind. If there were no audience, I might as well admire my story by imagining it without dotting a single word on paper (or pc).

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Idk man, I feel like that’s what I really need. Why write something when you’re not presenting it to anybody? Unlike art where you can visually admire your own work, in literature, writing is a method of presenting your story developed from your mind. If there were no audience, I might as well admire my story by imagining it without dotting a single word on paper (or pc).
Don't you get pleasure from re-reading it and developing it further? I find it to be most enjoyable

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
The joy comes from the praise earned for your work.
Try not being so dependent on the approval of others. People keep saying this to the point it becomes a platitude, because it keeps being true and yet people keep forgetting it

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Some assholes... how do they expect society to be less racist if whenever a black man wants to express an opinion they don't like in a calm and professional manner, swarms of radicalized pieces of garbage scream at him, throw shit at him, and shut him down?
1631829883016.png

1631830511325.png

In monkey masks as well? stay classy...

(this shouldn't breach the rules since I'm only talking about the freedom to engage in free speech, in case anyone has thoughts about suppressing a message deploring that the human rights of certain people are being violated in plain sight)