• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
Try not being so dependent on the approval of others. People keep saying this to the point it becomes a platitude, because it keeps being true and yet people keep forgetting it
What is the joy of writing things on paper if it's just for myself?
Some assholes... how do they expect society to be less racist if whenever a black man wants to express an opinion they don't like in a calm and professional manner, swarms of radicalized pieces of garbage scream at him, throw shit at him, and shut him down?
View attachment 119240
View attachment 119247
In monkey masks as well? stay classy...

(this shouldn't breach the rules since I'm only talking about the freedom to engage in free speech, in case anyone has thoughts about suppressing a message deploring that the human rights of certain people are being violated in plain sight)
Who's Craig? And Elder is Republican so why would they call Craig a "Republican Racist"? I also hope Gruesome get's kicked out next election.

MechaMegs

The Red Menace
giphy.gif

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
The joy comes from the praise earned for your work.
Going down this route you will end up chasing shadows rather than doing things you actually like writing.

Write what you want to write, and an audience will follow naturally over time. Trying to appease/please others is not a good idea in this regard.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
What is the joy of writing things on paper if it's just for myself?
I completely get that, but if you don't like making it and only enjoy the outside validation it can get, I feel like you have a problem here maybe with self confidence. Confidence of all sorts is the most powerful magnet you can get. If you can get yourself to be confident enough to enjoy the creative process itself, then instead of chasing an audience, you're going to attract one to you by putting out something you believe in that means a lot to you on its own

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I would like to go home now, please.
I would also like to be in November so I can start moving, prease. UnU

Also worried I might be developing some health problems. There's my usual tiredness I feel no matter how long I rest and then there's this...

Guess I'll know for sure if/when I lose weight and it DOESN'T come back.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
First it was fiber that caused me bowel problems. Then it was both gluten and fiber.

Then I found out that caffeine caused me severe headaches. Not aspartame, as the sugary cola gave me the exact same headache as the diet one.

Now in addition to all of the above, I'm discovering that sucralose causes me sudden sharp fatigue. Aspartame didn't do this and real sugar certainly doesn't cause this kind of downside. In addition, sucralose may actually cause me more weight problems than genuine sugar - and if you're going to tell me that's messed up, believe me, I know.

The thing about sucralose? It's in the protein bars and shakes I was using (since in my current situation I can't solely rely on meats and standard dairy for my protein - this WILL change when I move even if I have to cut back on other things), which I THOUGHT were safe for their lack of fiber. I don't know how many other options for protein I have left that aren't going to triple my grocery bills.

Thank god my multivitamins rely on real sugar (if you're going to ask why multivitamins have sugar, it's because they're gummies - I've had trouble swallowing normal vitamin pills in the past) or I'd have no choice but to rely on stuff like beef liver to get my vitamins and minerals.

It's like 90% of society's staple goods are slamming their doors in my face all of a sudden.

Fcomega121

Friendly Lady Blitz von Reolvia
(I'm so nervous....

A perason is harassing me on private meaaages and my profile posts AAAAAA

I'm reporting everything instantly)

Fcomega121

sorry, friendo. is it that starry person?
Wait actually yes
youngster and harassing me woth rare PMs and public messages ;w;

I'm reporting everything I can

Fcomega121

@KibaOkami actually it is starrygizmo indeed!

they is doing weird harassor things >~<
Reported their profile now

Fcomega121

yeah, i know. i already said something to the guy. just let mods handle it.
Thank you I hope mods act quickly >~<

Thank you lots for helping me friend *hugs shakingly*

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
It is becoming so difficult to leave the UK.

My brother has a job offer in Europe, but hasn't been able to actually move there yet because the new visa rules require reams of paper work.

...you have to get criminal record checks, health certificates, proof of employment,
...you have to pay a legally qualified translator to translate it all,
...a single person in that chain makes a mistake and you probably have to pay for *everything* to be done all over again
My brother is being forced to pay for everything *twice* because one person in that chain signed a document with the wrong kind of pen.

...and then the consulate has no available appointments to process you.

He has literally spent hundreds of pounds now on it.

O

O.D.D.

STOP DRIVING SLOWLY IN THE LEFT LANE.

SPEED.

THE FUCK.

UP.

WHY ARE YOU ALL LIKE THIS?

there are so many people who should NOT be driving but drive anyway

kind of like that parable about the bumblebee, but way more annoying

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
I have GOT to stop being nice with my family about diet supplements and trying things in order to rush weight loss.

This time the danger of choice I was talked into trying is something called "ketones" (I think the formal term is "exogenous ketones" or simply "ketone supplements"). Apparently someone else in the family swears by them, but in my case they wanted "once a day, 5 days a week".

It took until day 3 for the painful stomach cramp to indicate I was actually dehydrated.

I already know these are something I won't sustain, but I'm likely going to ask them to ease off to 3 a week. Maybe even tell them in the near future that I won't need them, given just how many carb items are off the menu for me anyways these days.

(CAUTION: I have been informed on researching these things that diabetic people need to stay the hell away from them because they can cause crashes in blood sugar. Not an issue for me YET, but I think at least one person on this forum has openly mentioned being diabetic so I figured I'd give that warning clear as I can.)

MattsyKun

Kitsune Merchant
Didn't make it into Mff's dealer's den. Didn't even get a waitlist email.

Normally I would just brush this off, but I put a lot of work into rebranding and honestly coming up with products I can afford to make that I love. But, looking at the other vendors who got accepted... I'm not even in the same league. I know a few got accepted that make the same things as me, and I'm just... Gutted, I guess. I am FINALLY in a place where I'm proud of my work, and I shouldn't be surprised that I got rejected.

This shouldn't hurt so much. I literally can't afford to make some of my big ideas come to life. I don't have the social media reach. I'm doing what I can and I love it, but... I just feel like I'm not good enough, and that's why I didn't even get waitlisted.

Just... Ugh. Social media has made getting out there so hard, and I just keep making dumbass excuses as to why I can't just be BETTER. I'm lazy and dumb. Why can't I just get my brand out there and DO IT?

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
Ok, well, there was just a significant earthquake in Melbourne (around mag. 6) and it was pretty flipping terrifying. Only a couple of places in the city had significant damage and no one has been badly injured, but I'm quite scared right now :(

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Ok, well, there was just a significant earthquake in Melbourne (around mag. 6) and it was pretty flipping terrifying. Only a couple of places in the city had significant damage and no one has been badly injured, but I'm quite scared right now :(
Hope you're ok there, Ravo!

I was in a mild one once, and it did feel really scary for a moment: like you were in a tossing boat, but the boat was the whole earth.

on that note, here's a song:

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
Hope you're ok there, Ravo!

I was in a mild one once, and it did feel really scary for a moment: like you were in a tossing boat, but the boat was the whole earth.

on that note, here's a song:

G'day Simo!! :D :D :D
*huggles extreemely tightly*

Dawwww, thankiseses!!!! Don't worry, we're all ok^^. Ah yes, it did feel a lot like that!! XD

Hehehehehe, very appropriate song!!! XD XD XD XD

O

O.D.D.

I'm pretty sure my Moto G6 finally died.

Not like "ran out of battery", like "this thing is a paperweight".

Not really sure why, either. Was hoping I could keep it going until Black Friday made a new phone less expensive, but oh well. Need to see if I can find my old Moto G4.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I'm pretty sure my Moto G6 finally died.

Not like "ran out of battery", like "this thing is a paperweight".

Not really sure why, either. Was hoping I could keep it going until Black Friday made a new phone less expensive, but oh well. Need to see if I can find my old Moto G4.
My G3 is still alive!
Mostly.