• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
My G7 charges weird but hey, the contract is nearly up anyway
My Kyocera Duraforce Pro 2 is not holding a charge all day but the thing is paid off (Verizon). Welp, looks like I need to shop for another Kyocera. They have the loudest speakers of any cellphone made. Just right for me, since I'm hard of hearing. It's just having to go back on payments on my Verizon bill again for a new phone that gripes me.

O

O.D.D.

Never mind, it's functional again this morning (afternoon, whatever) after I got up

Not sure what happened, battery wasn't dead, and I didn't tell it to power off

e: wonder if it was a software update or something? Wouldn't really make much sense. I don't think Android reboots for that thing, and it's Android 8.1 anyway (and I can't get later versions on this phone anyhow). I do see apps occasionally disappear from the screen but I think that's the individual app updating and then not putting the app back on the screen. Also doesn't explain why it wouldn't power back up for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoganHowell

I will be back to this fandom on Nov 4th.
i havent been doing so well.... the bullying got so bad with my peers, that now someone tried to PUT A COLLAR ON ME TODAY BY FORCE
but everybody, and i mean EVERYBODY makes fun of me now.....
someone was literally trying to lift me by the back of my shirt saying "pets dont talk, shut your mouth"
and the best part is, no one had any legible reason to say im a furry. it's all because someone made a joke one day that i quote on quote "growled at them" when i literally just grumbled cause i was mad at them. they dont know any of the REAL truth or anything, and when i asked why everyone thinks i am one and makes every single day at school literal hell, degrading me and all of it, they all say one. same. thing. "you just have the face of a furry."
im so tired of it all.....
yes, i know it makes me sound like Jamal, if you know the meme.
but i am genuinely tired of my everyday life.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
i havent been doing so well.... the bullying got so bad with my peers, that now someone tried to PUT A COLLAR ON ME TODAY BY FORCE
someone was literally trying to lift me by the back of my shirt saying "pets dont talk, shut your mouth"
and the best part is, no one had any legible reason to say im a furry. it's all because someone made a joke one day that i quote on quote "growled at them" when i literally just grumbled cause i was mad at them. they dont know any of the REAL truth or anything, and when i asked why everyone thinks i am one and makes every single day at school literal hell, degrading me and all of it, they all say one. same. thing. "you just have the face of a furry."
....before I descend too far into angrish, there is a part of me that wonders if any of these bullies of yours are actively suppressing the idea of them being furries themselves.

Like, FFS, what is the one bully even doing carrying around a collar at all? And how do they even know "the face of a furry" anyway?

...given my inability to do much remotely, I'll ask the dumb question: how has the school administration acted in all of this? Have they even batted an eye at this?

LoganHowell

....before I descend too far into angrish, there is a part of me that wonders if any of these bullies of yours are actively suppressing the idea of them being furries themselves.
bro, if only they could here you. seriously.
Like, FFS, what is the one bully even doing carrying around a collar at all? And how do they even know "the face of a furry" anyway?
they brought it to school SPECIFICALLY TO SHAME ME, and they literally just use that as an excuse to be stupid
...given my inability to do much remotely, I'll ask the dumb question: how has the school administration acted in all of this? Have they even batted an eye at this?
no one cares, they see it every day and no one does anything. the only time anyone tried to help was one of our professors got onto them and of course no one listens, it's a bunch of stupid teenagers of course they dont listen.

O

O.D.D.

bro, if only they could here you. seriously.

they brought it to school SPECIFICALLY TO SHAME ME, and they literally just use that as an excuse to be stupid

no one cares, they see it every day and no one does anything. the only time anyone tried to help was one of our professors got onto them and of course no one listens, it's a bunch of stupid teenagers of course they dont listen.
Unfortunately yeah schools typically don't do a whole lot about these things unless their arms get twisted by litigation. Zero Tolerance is a miserable failure of policy, really. Bit me in the ass 20+ years ago, still screwing over kids today, and about the only way it will get better is if schools start getting brutalized on funding and in civil court (or if homeschooling starts becoming more viable)
I doubt any of them are "closet furries", kids are just kind of horrible people an astonishing amount of the time. It's something I've been observing at my soon-to-be former job and I can't deny it was a factor in me deciding to move on. Watching them be atrocious to others and their surroundings is both bizarre and kind of soulcrushing by now, especially in the face of apathy and inertia from anyone who really COULD address it.

LoganHowell

Unfortunately yeah schools typically don't do a whole lot about these things unless their arms get twisted by litigation. Zero Tolerance is a miserable failure of policy, really. Bit me in the ass 20+ years ago, still screwing over kids today, and about the only way it will get better is if schools start getting brutalized on funding and in civil court (or if homeschooling starts becoming more viable)
and like despite the way it may seem, im really not that young so you would think people around me would be more mature. but nooooo

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
I doubt any of them are "closet furries", kids are just kind of horrible people an astonishing amount of the time. It's something I've been observing at my soon-to-be former job and I can't deny it was a factor in me deciding to move on. Watching them be atrocious to others and their surroundings is both bizarre and kind of soulcrushing by now, especially in the face of apathy and inertia from anyone who really COULD address it.
TBH it's likely at this point that the "armored closet" comment is going to be one of a number of defaults of mine when these kinds of things come up. This time it was the collar that made me think of it just because it strikes me as so "out there" for a school-age child to be just carrying one on its own in the first place - next time it might be some other specific action.

As far as the "horrible kids" thing? Unfortunately this is one of those moments where I feel a compulsion to play the contrarian, so... more dumb question time: was it just the kids? Were you in any position to tell if it was the rest of the family too?

Fcomega121

Friendly Lady Blitz von Reolvia
I wish death to those damned bullies!

How can they make those bad things? Seriously I w i s h dead on those mean persons, bully just fir being a furry

Tryibg to put a collar on you and bully you that bad? That's way too much
My poor brother you don't deserve this

And screw the rules of sleepy mods I already exposed my opinion I hate these bullies for making this to my collie bestie bro ;w;

*Hugs you tightly*

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Holy fuck.

Speaker phone. Eating. Contacting PayPal customer service. Its got one of those voice command thingies where you say what you want but she can't think to fucking swallow her food before actually trying to say it and it keeps failing.

Even with a rep on the phone she's stuffing her face while talking and slamming shit.

I don't think they realize PEOPLE CAN STILL FUCKING HEAR EVERYTHING WHEN YOU PUT THEM ON SPEAKER PHONE. :mad:

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
Some assholes... how do they expect society to be less racist if whenever a black man wants to express an opinion they don't like in a calm and professional manner, swarms of radicalized pieces of garbage scream at him, throw shit at him, and shut him down?
View attachment 119240
View attachment 119247
In monkey masks as well? stay classy...

(this shouldn't breach the rules since I'm only talking about the freedom to engage in free speech, in case anyone has thoughts about suppressing a message deploring that the human rights of certain people are being violated in plain sight)
Lmao California, what a devolution of humanity.

RAM

Holy fuck.

Speaker phone. Eating. Contacting PayPal customer service. Its got one of those voice command thingies where you say what you want but she can't think to fucking swallow her food before actually trying to say it and it keeps failing.

Even with a rep on the phone she's stuffing her face while talking and slamming shit.

I don't think they realize PEOPLE CAN STILL FUCKING HEAR EVERYTHING WHEN YOU PUT THEM ON SPEAKER PHONE. :mad:

Reading this makes my blood pressure go up.

Rimna

Well-Bonked Monke
The place where I used to live at for my very soon to be former job messed up my spine and shoulder. I now have scoliosis and my shoulder is bending forward and sticks outward. This is due to how horrible the bed is, sinking completely in the middle, as well as the desk being too small.

I am glad that I am getting out of this shithole.

Fuck my life, everything hurts now that I'm doing exercises to fix my spine and shoulders.

sushy

Gundam Meister
I wish I had a car so I could curl up and take a nap during lunch breaks.

If I owned a business, I would totally have a quiet room and there would be a bed. Not a traditional one, but still decent enough to let you pass out.

when I had work at a company I would always take a walk during lunch break. It is healthy and makes you feel more awake (that is my experience).

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
Doctors are so quick to tell you the negatives of effective medications for certain conditions (because they're not considered first-line treatments), but aren't at all hesitant to prescribe SSRIs without any warning, and to top it all off, they never actually seem interested in actually your symptoms, or what you're going through, and are illiterate in their field with certain conditions, so you end up on this unnecessarily extended "journey" to find the right treatment, but probably never actually get anywhere, then you have to worry about insurance, and good chemistry between you and your doctor(s). Because of the internet age, you can literally educate your doctors about shit they never heard of, or actually bothered to research themselves, and press them about the shitty medications they prescribe, and the ones they try to refuse to that might actually help their patients. I see people (including myself) suffer from conditions that doctors aren't even willing to diagnose, or at least hear out, and discuss certain medications that have been around a while which have promising results from studies, and doctors just ignore that shit while continuing their routine of pushing Prozac or Effexor that just makes shit worse.

Minerva_Minx

Succumbing to her own psychosis
I wish I had a car so I could curl up and take a nap during lunch breaks.

If I owned a business, I would totally have a quiet room and there would be a bed. Not a traditional one, but still decent enough to let you pass out.
Still need a decent bed? Or just time to sleep pulling two jobs?

Minerva_Minx

"Working with you is a joy! You're so helpful, animated, and really knowledgeable! Everyone I talked to about working with you stated you were sarcastic, bitter, hard to work for, and just a firecracker. No one liked you and I was dreading this job while you were here..."
When a friend said this to me, I wanted to strangle them as I was the one who vetted them when they were brought on. Now it's just confusing because I don't know if there's underlying resentment, it's genuine praise, or if it's a conditional statement.

I seriously hate office politics.

O

O.D.D.

I don't think I've ever been as angry as I was last night following my final shift at my old job

Really felt like they were pulling out all the stops to make the last day something that would ensure I'd have zero regrets about leaving

E: oh wow that explains the hangover, half of that McKenna 10 year bottled in bond is gone

Fcomega121

Friendly Lady Blitz von Reolvia
I think I just have sleep problems. Can never feel well rested even with uninterrupted sleep. DX

I get really cold and struggle to keep my eyes open, especially on lunch break.
Saame! Lately even if I sleep all night, I don't feel rested ;w;

Minerva_Minx

Ok, not really like a vent, just an irritating frustration.

Really hard finding an amazing artist for an sfw ref sheet. Just a normal, non-sexualized, regular boobs, non-fetishy ref sheet. Which I think I make harder by not smiling so much and having a resting uncaring expression most of the time.