• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Ennui Elemental

RIP Teeny
Liquid stitches came out partially in last shower, so now I get to walk around with a fucking bandaid on my left eyebrow. Also confirmed down 10 kilos since last weigh in and nothing fucking fits right anymore.

E: lmao @ PGI walking back their idiot GM's banning of the word "trans" but not fucking removing said idiot GM from GM duty. Fucking shitheels.

quoting_mungo

Getting so sick of my body’s half-assed ability to regulate temperature. Whether I feel hot or cold seems to have very little to do with ambient temperature, and apparently this morning when boyfriend slipped into bed with me for a cuddle, he says I got way warmer when I fell asleep. Right now I’m freezing even though the room isn’t ready all that chilly. And cat doesn’t want to be used as a hot water bottle.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Work is so boring. There is nothing to do, just spent the last hour and a half on whatever work I could scrape up and fighting with my piece of shit email. Restarted it, or perhaps more accurately relaunched it after it crashed, literally a dozen times already today.

Today is horribly painfully slow and tomorrow will probably be horribly painfully busy. Why did I get out of bed for this today?

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Getting so sick of my body’s half-assed ability to regulate temperature. Whether I feel hot or cold seems to have very little to do with ambient temperature, and apparently this morning when boyfriend slipped into bed with me for a cuddle, he says I got way warmer when I fell asleep. Right now I’m freezing even though the room isn’t ready all that chilly. And cat doesn’t want to be used as a hot water bottle.
Potassium? menopause?

TyraWadman

Co-worker had her husband apply to work here. He is a mouth breather. He has been here for a few weeks now and doesn't prioritize the cashier for breaks no matter how many times I have reminded him. He clocked out and left me on cash for an extra hour. Either he's stupid for taking it when his wife was still working, or he was a big brain for dodging her.

Either way I hate him because now I'm stuck listening to her eat and blare that same Filipino YouTube channel that throws in weird sound effects where it doesn't make sense.

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
>Do 4 hours of overtime on Friday
>Feel fine all day
>Come home
>Finally be able to sit for an extended period and relax
>JesusfuckingChristonapogostick.gif
>Body have been aching all day so I've been taking things slowly and calmly
>smh

I don't mind doing overtime and am all in favour of it part being free dinner of your choosing from the restaurant picked, but doing overtime when you kinda don't have the energy for it?

TyraWadman

>Do 4 hours of overtime on Friday
>Feel fine all day
>Come home
>Finally be able to sit for an extended period and relax
>JesusfuckingChristonapogostick.gif
>Body have been aching all day so I've been taking things slowly and calmly
>smh

I don't mind doing overtime and am all in favour of it part being free dinner of your choosing from the restaurant picked, but doing overtime when you kinda don't have the energy for it?
Did you die?

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
F-ing goatheads!
Fukkin "A" right! Oddly, I haven't been stung by goat heads since I moved to the Midwest. Mebbe they not prevalent here in Central Indiana? Anyway, when we moved, I had to take all four bicycles and put new tubes and tires on them to rid them of persistent flats for no reason.
Fukkin' goat heads. Obviously my God has a sick sense of humor.

And, Micro-fukkin-$oft and their Window$ 11. Redmond et al wants us to be safe on the Intarwebs, so no, you may not put it on your older system that runs Win 10 just fine. We will still give you security updates, though. Yeah, right. Linux, here I come.

quoting_mungo

Potassium? menopause?
Potassium, technically possible though not likely (I love me my spuds ), menopause, not so much. Pretty sure part of it is side effects of my antidepressants, and part of it is possibly circulatory bullshit. It’s a faff because they’re not problems I can really get doctors to take seriously. Some parts are pretty shrug-and-deal-able, some parts I really want a better solution for.

Ennui Elemental

RIP Teeny
Fukkin "A" right! Oddly, I haven't been stung by goat heads since I moved to the Midwest. Mebbe they not prevalent here in Central Indiana? Anyway, when we moved, I had to take all four bicycles and put new tubes and tires on them to rid them of persistent flats for no reason.
Fukkin' goat heads. Obviously my God has a sick sense of humor.

And, Micro-fukkin-$oft and their Window$ 11. Redmond et al wants us to be safe on the Intarwebs, so no, you may not put it on your older system that runs Win 10 just fine. We will still give you security updates, though. Yeah, right. Linux, here I come.
Yeah I don't miss those fuckers, or the star thistles either.
If/when you go Linux, I recommend something Debian, Arch is kinda arcane but I'm also badly out of practice. YMMV.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Yeah I don't miss those fuckers, or the star thistles either.
If/when you go Linux, I recommend something Debian, Arch is kinda arcane but I'm also badly out of practice. YMMV.
Agreed, arch is very arcane. I usually have good luck installing MintLinux on older, less than ten year old laptops. Just haven't done one for myself. Pretty sure Mint is still Debian based. My backup laptop, a recent Dell 15R runs Mint but it was done for me as a birthday present by my younger daughter. It just doesn't have the horsepower or screen real estate of my current Dell 17R N7110. She bought the 15R with no OS, so it was a crapshoot that turned out just fine.

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
Co-worker had her husband apply to work here. He is a mouth breather. He has been here for a few weeks now and doesn't prioritize the cashier for breaks no matter how many times I have reminded him. He clocked out and left me on cash for an extra hour. Either he's stupid for taking it when his wife was still working, or he was a big brain for dodging her.

Either way I hate him because now I'm stuck listening to her eat and blare that same Filipino YouTube channel that throws in weird sound effects where it doesn't make sense.
I know that channel well....

My day is this:
Hi, this is Aileana from Engineering. I'm running x diagbostuc/test and need you to confirm for me how your system connects into the network: switch, wireless, or cable.
Person on other end: Hold on a sec, need to call someone to ask.
My phone rings and it's dip stick rining me back to ask me the question I just asked...
Bonus, they ask why I can't come to their desk 400mi away and see for myself.

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
Anxiety is unbearable. Why does this shit gotta happen to me.
I feel ya, I used to have super serious anxiety issues and I still do sometimes sadly.

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
I feel ya, I used to have super serious anxiety issues and I still do sometimes sadly.
Not being able to say "I can just leave my house without worrying about how my body feels, or my surroundings, talking to others without fumbling over my words, etc", no access to good healthcare, shitty doctors for over 5 years, can't have one night of restful sleep, trouble swallowing, eating, cannot exercise without feeling like passing out afterwards for several days/weeks, constant screaming and yelling every day from people I live with, extreme OCD where I need to wash things so routinely and other shit like that, panic attacks randomly striking, constant bad news and worry, etc. It's like being bombarded with horrible sensations 24/7. I just want one day of reassurance, peace, closure, and comfort.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
*sigh* I've been trying to get myself back into VR stuff proper, as I had to be on hiatus due to very low energy...

But at some point tonight, likely when I opened VRChat, my Oculus program reopened itself. I use an Index now and have an old Rift S I've been meaning to sell off (won't be shipping it farther than 50 miles, sorry), so the Oculus program is irrelevant.

I'd been meaning to delete that thing, uninstall all its software, and delete my account. It's not like I lose any games besides Robo Recall - I've got Steam versions of basically everything else.

I will have nothing more to do with Oculus, period, end of story. I don't care how many exclusives they make, I'm DONE with them.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
What happened, please? For the clueless.
Me? My gripe with Oculus was mainly due to the fact that back when I used to use the Rift S, it had an annoying tendency to force itself open right after I closed it, basically trying to demand I be in VR. From what I could tell of the cause of that issue, it treated ANY movement of the set as a desire to do VR stuff - which was NOT the case. I've had to close the program 3-4 times sometimes to get it to stick.

Plus, the Rift S's cushioning was quite prone to wearing out - to the point where it's now held together with duct tape. Contrast the Valve Index which has QUITE a bit more durability.

Rift S's tracking was.... okay, it only had forward-facing cameras, so I could use it without base stations, BUT it severely limited some of the headset's capability to track anything but in front of me and most definitely kept me off of some games. You get what you pay for in a situation like this.

Rift S uses a single grip button, rather than the grip sensor the Valve Index uses. I have to use gloves with the Index to limit myself because of the way I grip, but I can ultimately do more with it than the Rift S.

Really, Rift S was my entry-level into VR and Index is where I am now.

After I stopped using the Rift S, I boxed it up. Thing is, I had indeed been meaning to delete Oculus's software off my computer for a while now, because of their merger with Facebook. I would eventually have been compelled to have a Facebook account again and I swore off that part of social media AGES ago.

And when I stopped using the Rift S, I THOUGHT I had dealt with the auto-open issue because now ALL my VR gaming was done through Steam. Apparently, tonight that wasn't the case. So I did what I meant to do a long time ago and removed as many traces of Oculus as I could. Software deleted, and as I have no intention of going back the account's gone too. Robo Recall is indeed the only exclusive game I lost out on.

I may have family put the Rift S up on Craigslist for cheap. I'm waiting until next month, however, as I want to be absolutely sure my Oculus account is deleted - which takes 30 days to fully solidify.

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
I wonder who have the record of most posts in this thread..