• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
*hugs you tightly*

I understand that feeling. Something I found helps is taking some time every day at a certain time and just do something to help you relax.
*hugs back and squeezes hard*

I try to listen to binaural beats type music and stuff, but by the time I'm trying to get to sleep, it just sounds like irritating noise, like a catchy song being played over in my head, and doesn't relax me. I feel like you gotta have a certain mindset for certain things to help, even with medication to fully take effect. Sometimes being stuck with a negative and chaotic sort of perception or focused on a feeling at a specific moment causes nothing to really help. The issue is, it's hard to beat the subconscious that's holding these feelings in place, as if these feelings are kind of automatic on a conscious level, even though the manual switch is still there, just very hard to find and engage. I've had moments where my mind would be in complete chaos, unable to feel comfortable, and then something came over me just like a flick of a switch, and had this sudden relief, but it's getting harder and harder as time goes on for that switch to work. The CBT and meditation type tools I've been given when I was seeing therapists feel like a chore, and impossible to do with how bad this anxiety has gotten, and I keep forgetting, like my attention span, the chaos throughout my mind and body, and other interests that occupy my mind doesn't leave space or the ability to try and succeed in doing them.

Anxiety and panic disorder really is a debilitating thing to have, it's not just "being a little nervous", it's basically what people imagine hell to be on earth, because that's the essence of it, the feelings it brings mentally and physically. If anyone ever has even a hint of anxiety, just try to get the best help you can, now!

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
*hugs back and squeezes hard*

I try to listen to binaural beats type music and stuff, but by the time I'm trying to get to sleep, it just sounds like irritating noise, like a catchy song being played over in my head, and doesn't relax me. I feel like you gotta have a certain mindset for certain things to help, even with medication to fully take effect. Sometimes being stuck with a negative and chaotic sort of perception or focused on a feeling at a specific moment causes nothing to really help. The issue is, it's hard to beat the subconscious that's holding these feelings in place, as if these feelings are kind of automatic on a conscious level, even though the manual switch is still there, just very hard to find and engage. I've had moments where my mind would be in complete chaos, unable to feel comfortable, and then something came over me just like a flick of a switch, and had this sudden relief, but it's getting harder and harder as time goes on for that switch to work. The CBT and meditation type tools I've been given when I was seeing therapists feel like a chore, and impossible to do with how bad this anxiety has gotten, and I keep forgetting, like my attention span, the chaos throughout my mind and body, and other interests that occupy my mind doesn't leave space or the ability to try and succeed in doing them.

Anxiety and panic disorder really is a debilitating thing to have, it's not just "being a little nervous", it's basically what people imagine hell to be on earth, because that's the essence of it, the feelings it brings mentally and physically. If anyone ever has even a hint of anxiety, just try to get the best help you can, now!
*hugs ya tightly*

Having a positive mindset can be a hard thing to work towards. but if you stop and thing "How can this get worse" Think about what happened good? Be like "I had a crappy day at work." BUT "I talked with my friends on FAF" And doing that will help train you over time to become more positive. I know itshard, I fail sometimes, but thats it, SOMETIMES. We can work on this together <3

Also, sleeping music, I like something that doesnt repeat often. Enya is what I listen to.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
The CBT and meditation type tools I've been given when I was seeing therapists feel like a chore
I feel you, especially the CBT is too logical for me. Doesn't address the illogical ways in which my feelings work. Luckily, I encountered a therapist who is using so called process-oriented therapy, as well as trance/guided meditation. A bit outlandish methods, true, but they deal with deeply-rooted problems on their own terms, instead of imposing the rational mind's logic. It helped.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I just can't win
Now I'm sick.
Head feels like it's gonna explode. Throat hurts like a bitch because I can only breathe through my mouth and snoring makes my throat ache more. Body feels weak/numb.
Can't sleep. Bathroom is something I see every 30 minutes.

Looking for a brave soul to end my suffering. I say brave, because in the end, you may contract it too. T_T

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I just can't win
Now I'm sick.
Head feels like it's gonna explode. Throat hurts like a bitch because I can only breathe through my mouth and snoring makes my throat ache more. Body feels weak/numb.

Looking for a brave soul to end my suffering. I say brave, because in the end, you may contract it too. T_T

I don't want what you have. Use gloves while posting! <grin> Seriously though, hope you get better soon.

Ennui Elemental

RIP Teeny
This fucking bus driver is dangerously close to finding my last nerve. He is always late, he is always rude, and I do not need this bullshit right now. I am standing out in the cold rain waiting for him to do his job so I can get to mine and I am done with turning the other cheek.

Shyy

slightly confused, mostly fun loving Protogen
Yea, I'd be pretty PO'd about that, myself. *hands waffle ball bat* takes longer, doesn't hurt as much, but, still hurts....

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Stepped on a piece of glass after a run. The fact that I stepped on glass isn't what irritates me the most though, it's that even after thoroughly cleaning the source of the glass, there's still some piece of shit glass lingering months after the clean up. Fun.

Last edited:

Ennui Elemental

RIP Teeny
I swear some of these people are trying to bait a beating today.

An empty PowerAde bottle is NOT A SUITABLE CONTAINER FOR SHARPS YOU ABSOLUTE MORONS

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.

An empty PowerAde bottle is NOT A SUITABLE CONTAINER FOR SHARPS YOU ABSOLUTE MORONS
I'd say that's not main problem if sharps are what I think they are.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Maybe... maybe they're all just diabetic? :')
I hope so, but I've heard that one before too. (Also, it less awkward I'm not the only who made that connection, lol.)

Shyy

slightly confused, mostly fun loving Protogen
FAAARKING *loathe* horse junkies.... and, we will leave it at that...

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Ontario had needle bins posted on almost every block, and you had to ask to be buzzed in to use public bathrooms, even in places like Mc Donalds. I learned a lot. <X'D
Ontario is good because we never bothered with needle bins in my neighborhood back in the day and most businesses won't let you use bathroom unless you buy something first.

Things have changed somewhat, though, now.

Last edited:

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
I just can't win
Now I'm sick.

I'll have some of what you're having. please share as I hear shared suffering is therapeutic. Im having a bad week.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier

I find them in my yard that runs along side the road/alley/??? beside my house. I'm just about in the middle from a half-way house and the Christian outreach center downtown. They walk by in the morning and the evening going to and from the center for food so they ditch their paraphernalia and food garbage in my yard and the alley/road/??? Also, we buy those EXPENSIVE red sharps containers for my testing and Humilog/Tujeo pen needles. When we finally fill one up, all the agencies in town really don't want to accept them like they should. Everyone just says "My receptacles are all full. Come back next month" Until I shame them in the letters to the editor section of the newspaper.

That's another thing; That "paved passageway for vehicles" beside my house is considered a named city road, unless that one bad pothole opens back up, then it's an alley, low on the list for repair. I go to the city counsel meeting and complain, then it's a road again. Can't get a speed bump or two in place because it becomes an alley again. By the way, there is sixteen feet of space between my house and the church next door and the road is only fourteen feet wide, basically one way at a time. This "Roadway" is only one-half block long so people jam down it, then when they get to the street on the other end, they just shoot across without slowing down. Been some very scary near misses and last year, there was a multiple fatality accident on the street behind us from a speeding car that flew by our house at more than fifty miles per hour.

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
Day 1 convalescence. I got cooked by people pencil whipping forms on non ionizing radiation levels. Good news, recovery is going to help because it still this side of good. Bad news, I will not look like my fursona or improve my looks in any way.